The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Ask yourselves this: will you actually pay money you earned to sit down and watch this in a theater?

All the denials to the contrary from the producers are proof positive this movie is mortally wounded.

How the F is anyone in the cast and crew gonna be able to do ANY press whatsoever for this movie?

Is Ezra’s situation going to get better or worse?

If he goes back in time we'll all forget that any of this happened. :o

I would say it's time to accelerate the movies release. Change the title. Drop it in January-March and use Keaton, Calle, etc to promote the film, and say ''While we do not condone Miller's action's, it is important that the hard work of Muschietti and his entire cast and crew is seen''.

Because this Miller situation is going to get worse before it gets better.

BUT...

They can't even do that after the debacle with BATGIRL, without looking like total hypocrites. Still, if they want to put the movie out there, they need to do it sooner rather than later.

Apparently Ezra’s been in rehab since July so assumedly theyre getting help/treatment and may stay out of trouble until next year. Maybe.

I still want to see this movie and yes I will pay for it. I can separate my feelings about its troubled star and just enjoy it as a film. I’ve waited my whole life to see my favorite Batman return to the big screen and suit up and I’m not going to miss out on that experience. Thats just me personally.

Plus the multiple test screenings are saying that this is supposedly not only good but the BEST DCEU film and from skimming thru the plot summary i can see why. Theres some controversial decisions but largely there looks to be a LOT of fun, crowd pleasing and fan pleasing moments in this movie. So…yeah i totally get people being upset with the politics behind the film and wouldnt begrudge anyone for wanting to sit it out but as a film itself i wanna see this thing.

And......he was just arrested AGAIN?? Wth?
Burglary. Stealing alcohol?
Lawd have mercy.

He wasnt arrested, he was served a court order for allegedly stealing a few bottles of liquor from a friends house in May. I'm assuming he's just going to pay some fine and be done with it.

I wonder how many incidents this dillweed will be involved in before this film supposedly comes out?

Batman V Superman also had very positive test screening feedback, from what I remember.

There’s a very real possibility The Flash could bomb, given both all this stuff around Miller, WB’s past track record, and the actual plot of the movie (if the leaks are true).

WB could easily end up with (even more) egg on its face, and an ocean of told you so’s. They should cancel this film.

No it did not. BvS had positive feedback from execs at WB. As far as I remember it never tested well at all with actual audiences.

Apparently Ezra’s been in rehab since July so assumedly theyre getting help/treatment and may stay out of trouble until next year. Maybe.

I still want to see this movie and yes I will pay for it. I can separate my feelings about its troubled star and just enjoy it as a film. I’ve waited my whole life to see my favorite Batman return to the big screen and suit up and I’m not going to miss out on that experience. Thats just me personally.

Plus the multiple test screenings are saying that this is supposedly not only good but the BEST DCEU film and from skimming thru the plot summary i can see why. Theres some controversial decisions but largely there looks to be a LOT of fun, crowd pleasing and fan pleasing moments in this movie. So…yeah i totally get people being upset with the politics behind the film and wouldnt begrudge anyone for wanting to sit it out but as a film itself i wanna see this thing.

I can't find confirmation they are in rehab...if that is the case then it would put a different spin on some of this story.

Yeah, I haven’t been able to find anything about EM being in rehab either. If they checked into a facility it would be all over the news.

It came from Flash Film News' twitter so take with a grain of salt but might also explain why its been relatively quiet on Ezra's part lately. these last few headlines have been about past incidences from months ago.

Same here.

Rehab' or not, you can't cure d*ckness.
But at the same time, that never prevents any career, so...

Same here.

Me too. I struggle with it but if I can listen to Michael Jackson songs (or Elvis or Jerry Lee Lewis) and my dad can watch Woody Allen films I can see this.

And before people pretend that is a minority opinion...check out sports in America. DeShaun Watson got plenty of cheers at training camp despite assaulting dozens of women. Adrian Peterson also did after beating his kids. People don't care as much as they should. If they did Josh Brolin would be disliked more. (Allegedly)

People love Roman Polanski films and...well yeah. Believe me, I get it, its just easier when you when watch a, say, Keanu Reeves flick and your enjoyment of it is heightened with the meta knowledge that the guy in real life is such a wholesome human being but the truth is we really dont know who these actors are behind the scenes and all we can really do is digest the work that they give us at face value. I have my opinions and issues with Miller for sure but I want to see this movie and judge it as a film, especially since we're hearing its good. Hundreds of people besides him worked very hard on the movie and they deserve to have their work judged on its own merits and not have one guy doom it. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Ezra Being a jerk, have substance abuse issues, anger issues, I can separate and watch the film.
That's nothing new in Hollywood.

But the child grooming allegations?
I can't , no matter what the justification is ,or how good the film is or allegedly is.

I'm a DC fan, but I don't need to see the film that badly .

But everyone is gonna have to come to terms with their own feelings when it comes to seeing the film, which in itself , is why the situation with Ezra is so problematic.

You don't even want this type of conversation around your tentpole family film to begin with which is why WB is in a bind.

But , the film is a year away and alot can happen in a year .

I still think, and this is just me being a conspiracy theorist going with my gut, that WB knew this s***storm was coming that was the real reason the movie was pushed to far back. The WB brass probably knew Ezra was becoming problematic way before all the headlines surfaced and they needed some breathing room to figure out what to do.

I still think, and this is just me being a conspiracy theorist going with my gut, that WB knew this s***storm was coming that was the real reason the movie was pushed to far back. The WB brass probably knew Ezra was becoming problematic way before all the headlines surfaced and they needed some breathing room to figure out what to do.
Quite possibly. And it was probably the best strategy.

People love Roman Polanski films and...well yeah. Believe me, I get it, its just easier when you when watch a, say, Keanu Reeves flick and your enjoyment of it is heightened with the meta knowledge that the guy in real life is such a wholesome human being but the truth is we really dont know who these actors are behind the scenes and all we can really do is digest the work that they give us at face value. I have my opinions and issues with Miller for sure but I want to see this movie and judge it as a film, especially since we're hearing its good. Hundreds of people besides him worked very hard on the movie and they deserve to have their work judged on its own merits and not have one guy doom it. Just my opinion.
Maybe it’s different when you can see the person on screen throughout the film, especially if they are the main star. Yeah, a shame for all the other people who work hard on a film and did nothing wrong.

This film should be cancelled. Multiple arrests, child grooming allegations, leading a cult, etc.—a fraction of truth to any of it is alarming enough.

Like Batgirl, this is old/different company money, right? Can’t this too be considered a tax right-off? Or is this different circumstances?

People’s work will not be seen but they’ll have been paid. It’s not a perfect world, but this isn’t a perfect situation.

This film should be cancelled. Multiple arrests, child grooming allegations, leading a cult, etc.—a fraction of truth to any of it is alarming enough.

Like Batgirl, this is old/different company money, right? Can’t this too be considered a tax right-off? Or is this different circumstances?

People’s work will not be seen but they’ll have been paid. It’s not a perfect world, but this isn’t a perfect situation.
You don't cancel a $200 million dollar film AFTER it is finished.

WB Disco should keep Ezra Miller and instead refilm scenes of the other actors (including Keaton) with Kevin Spacey and Armie Hammer and have Bryan Singer come in as replacement director while Harvey Weinstein can produce. :o

As I said before, Batgirl cost nothing to make (what $60 million?) and was never getting a theatrical release. It was never going to make money anyways (it was there to entice subs) so cancelling it and writing it off is more profitable than doing the necessary reshoots and likely still putting it on Max. (think of it as losing less money) It sucks but if I was Zazlov I might make the same decision based on how much money was lost under AT&T and Kilar.

Flash is a film that cost hundreds of millions and was expected to at least break even at the BO meaning it was actually bringing in revenue. It is also for the most part finished so the cost is sunk. Writing it off would be way more red ink and would not recoup anything. Plus you could never show the film, or really any part of it, could never license it to other networks and streaming...the film is canned and you just added hundreds of millions in red ink to a ledger that is filled with red ink thanks to the previous regime. Fiscally speaking it just doesn't work.

Ezra Miller participated in reshoots this summer without incident according to THR. The plan is for the film to still debut in theaters but WBD is “currently evaluating all options”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"