The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Seems that video teased multiverse cameos of Superman: The Movie, Batman Begins, Smallville, even the tv The 90s Flash. I'm slightly curious to see how this will all turn out even though it's not cannon anymore

WB has barley any money to promote their movies but The Flash is getting a superbowl ad that could cost up to 26 million dollars (if we assume it's 2 minutes long).

Inside Dwayne Johnson's DC Exit, Black Adam vs. Superman Failed Plan - Variety

As for what else Gunn and Safran have planned for DC’s future, sources describe it as a broad but not blanket reset. At this point, nothing is ruled out. Given that Miller has stayed out of trouble since beginning mental health treatment in the summer, some executives are amenable to continuing with the actor as the world-saving speedster after “The Flash” bows on June 16.

Seems WB has a lot of faith in this, but I just don't know.

They really need to WOW with the first teaser and get a proper poster/images out there. I wonder if Keaton and Calle even have any enthusiasm to promote this movie now?

Ezra drama aside, I'm legitimately excited for this movie. Characters I love, nostalgia factors, multi-verse shenanigans...

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO. I hope it sticks the landing. Regardless of whether any of these characters will be used in the new DCU, I think the DC movie universe as a whole could use a win.

Ezra drama aside, I'm legitimately excited for this movie. Characters I love, nostalgia factors, multi-verse shenanigans...

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO. I hope it sticks the landing. Regardless of whether any of these characters will be used in the new DCU, I think the DC movie universe as a whole could use a win.
Ditto! :up:

Supposedly the Flash movie has a grade of 80 with people who watched the movie. This is considered high for a comic book movie. Crazy how DC might have the most acclaimed Superhero movie for the second year in a row. Of course Ezra’s drama will hurt the movie with critics. I love the fact it introduces a different type of Supergirl, the return of Keaton’s Batman and my favorite comic book movie villains Shannon’s Zod and Faura.

I highly doubt Luiz is right...

It seems weird to me going "they have no money for marketing" when they literally pay millions for a Superbowl ad.
But then, Shazam is right around the corner pretty much and we dont have much Promotion for it so far...so im really not sure.

Too little too late she screwed him royally...

I dont know who is to blame on the whole thing.
Guess a lot has to do with BA just not being that much of a Box Office hit.

But i also kind of blame Johnson.
Like why being so hellbent on Superman vs Black Adam instead of Shazam?
We are in a time where you dont need the Big A list characters to make Money.
With more care a Black Adam vs Shazam could have been fire.

As for Flash, WB is in a rather unfortunate spot thanks to Millers behaviour last year.
A lot went into Flash, a lot of reshooting etc...making it too expensive to fail.
But its like many of us said when the Miller stuff came up, WB will lay low, Miller will apologize or get Treatment etc...and then WB will hope for the best, promoting the hell out of this.

That all hinges however on the footage itself, no marketing or publicity can change that.
And looking at the incredible positive reaction to the concept art footage revealed a few days ago, things are looking good.
But they will not be able to get rid of Miller being the problem of the movie.
No matter what, that will still hang above the movie somewhat...the only question is how much it affects the Box Office.

Andy Muschietti shared A new behind-the-scenes photo.

As I said in a previous post, I can't imagine Burton's Batman and his universe being brought back to the screen without all of its cinematographic language. That is of course certain design ideas in costumes and architectures, the stylized lighting but also, and especially, the very organic and palpable feel of models and classic studio sets. All those textures are, in my opinion, a big part of the identity of this iteration and cannot be left out.

Unfortunately, I know that the young audience, who make or break thesevery expensive modern blockbusters, have been raised with digital images everywhere and may have a harder time accepting these older type of visuals. With a bunch of superpowered characters around him, I fully expect to see the Batman of my childhood being dropped in front of green screens, into bombastic and weightless CGI environement... (yeah I'm a bit salty and dramatic here :oldrazz:)

But now, if this picture is actually suppose to be Central City, in the world of Keaton's Batman, then there's some hope that Muschietti has kept, at least partially, an old school approach to it...
I don't expect anything from this film but if Keaton's return could be not screwed up, I'd be very, very happy.

Last edited:
The movie ought to be set primarily in CC if this is the Flash’s first solo outing. But it doesn’t sound like much of the movie is gonna take place in CC though. It has more to do with Gotham City from Batman 89 than CC. Yet it’s still called The Flash. Ok I’ll shut up.

home-alone.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"