The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Really wanted to like his performance in JL, but just didn't find enough redeeming qualities in it.

Anddddd this incident doesn't help my judgement of him. Won't be surprised if they re-cast after this. Very surprised by it, he seemed like a chill guy.

He did a horrible job as Flash. I feel bad for that woman in the video. Even if she wasn’t seriously hurt, that’s a really weird thing to do to someone. I hope he is recast, he is truly awful as Flash. So many better options out there.

Jack Quaid anyone?

Ezra's Barry was fantastic, and there is plenty of proof out there that he was considered one of the highlights of JL by a notable number of people. He's a good actor whose passion for Flash is endearing.

That said, this altercation is unfortunate in so many ways, and I hope we get more information and apologies that address what happened.

He did a horrible job as Flash. I feel bad for that woman in the video. Even if she wasn’t seriously hurt, that’s a really weird thing to do to someone. I hope he is recast, he is truly awful as Flash. So many better options out there.

Jack Quaid anyone?
Quaid's casting would be like Adam Brody's casting in JL Mortal, so it could work. I think Billy Magnussen would be great.

Was always in favor of a recast & new direction w/ Muschietti's take on Flash.

I'd prefer a fresh take on Flash to further remove it from Snyder's version and thus removing Miller, Clemons & Crudup. They're all fine actors and could deliver a strong standalone, but I'd prefer WB take cue from Reeves & recast. WB has been playing it fast & loose w/ continuity anyway; at this point, keep Momoa & Gadot and use this opportunity to 'fix'/course-correct the rest.

Save Flashpoint for a trilogy-capper, serving as a pseudo-crossover event film w/ appearances from WB's new Justice League. Keep elements from the comic, but don’t be afraid to adapt from the source material (a la Captain America: Civil War). And really go full-on with returning characters & DCEU characters.

You can introduce Barry's origin, and his father's imprisonment in Flash 1 & 2, and then save the ultimate Reverse Flash reveal for the 'final' chapter & give Barry a quasi-happy ending by finally getting the proof to get his dad out of prison (albeit after the difficult decision to sacrifice a life he could live with his mother Nora in the film’s climax).

The Flash: Fastest Man Alive
directed by Andy Muschietti

Flash races to save the day in Central City when the Rogues decide to unite.

Barry Allen: Joe Alwyn, 28 (The Favourite, Harriet, Mary Queen of Scots, Boy Erased)
Joe-Alwyn-Esquire-Christian-Anwander-00.jpg

allies.
Iris West: Shailene Woodley, 28
Wally West: Jaeden Martell, 16
Henry Allen: Greg Kinnear, 56
Jay Garrick: Liam Neeson, 67
Det. Jones/Manhunter: Jovan Adepo, 31

rogues.
Captain Cold: Matthew McConaughey, 40
Capt. Boomerang: Jai Courtney, 33
Mirror Master: Mena Massoud, 28
Trickster: Tim Blake Nelson, 55

SEQUELS / new characters:

The Brave & the Bold

Flash & Green Lantern journey to the hidden Gorilla City and fight to save the world from the nefarious scheming of the telepathic Grodd.

allies.
Solovar: Kelsey Grammer, 64
John Stewart: Stephan James, 25

checkmate.
King Faraday: Kyle Chandler, 53
Eve Eden / Nightshade: Aubrey Plaza, 35

villains.
Grodd: Jared Harris, 58

Flashpoint!

Barry Allen wakes up to discover everything and everyone around him has changed. Aquaman & Wonder Woman at war. No sign of a Superman. A tragically warped Batman. What happened, and how is it tied to our hero’s darkest hour?

allies.

Cyborg: Corey Hawkins, 31
Thomas Wayne: Jon Hamm, 48

additional characters:
Nora Allen: Julia Roberts, 52
Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot, 34
Aquaman: Jason Momoa, 40
Superman: Nicholas Hoult, 30

villains.
Eobard Thawne: Michael Fassbender, 42

The hilarious thing is that John Francis Daley would’ve made a 10x better Flash than Ezra.

I love that he’s throwing shade.

I hope we get a swift statement from WB confirming a “new direction” for the project.

let Muschietti choose his own Flash.

Actually enjoyed his take on Barry, has somebody with those powers would have to deal with that type of mental state. But yeah it's not looking good right now.

Ezra's Barry was fantastic, and there is plenty of proof out there that he was considered one of the highlights of JL by a notable number of people. He's a good actor whose passion for Flash is endearing.

That said, this altercation is unfortunate in so many ways, and I hope we get more information and apologies that address what happened.
Heck no!

It's a lot of **** going on right now with the virus, nobody is paying attention except insiders like us.

Well, that's a potentially serious altercation, and I hope the woman is all right, but thus far, it doesn't feel like a "story", more of a social media blurb. We'll see if it gains traction and if anything more comes out about it. I'd imagine WB is waiting to see what is going to happen legally and mediawise before making a decision on moving forward with him. He was probably high. He's always high. Doesn't make it right, but it might give them an out if he goes to rehab/anger management, etc.

It's a lot of **** going on right now with the virus, nobody is paying attention except insiders like us.
Exactly. They’ve kind of got other, bigger issues at hand right now. Dealing with their resident stoner who’s meant to star in a movie coming out two-thousand-who-knows-the-****-when isn’t a priority right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"