The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Discussion in 'Flashpoint' started by Thread Manager, Aug 11, 2018.

1. The Guard Registered

Except that it's not every outlet, near as I can tell. It's a decent amount of the online blogs and Variety, who ran what I would consider a blurb on it, as have most of the other sites.

In what universe is that not a story? In the universe where the level of coverage doesn't suggest it's picked up much traction yet. Usually something like this tends to be delved into a bit deeper if its going to be a serious, long-running type of story. Could be a product of the coronavirus getting so much focus. It's a story, but thus far, not a STORY. Like I said, we'll see.

-JKR- likes this.
  2. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

That stabbing that took place in France a few days ago, I didn't really hear anything outside of one news source reporting on it. If it wasn't for the epidemic it would still have been reported on.

3. misslane38 Registered

Speaking at the NATO (National Association of Theater Owners) Fall Summit to promote DCEU's slate of upcoming films - including Justice League, which is next to be rolled out, and Aquaman - Johns shared that among the big superheroes in the epic blockbuster, The Flash got the most positive audience response from the early screening. Regal Films' Chris Sylvia posted on Twitter that Johns said, "Flash is the collective favorite coming out of Justice League."
    This new controversy and the fact that this (SHH) is a more niche community than the general audience or test screening audience are factors that would influence both the different reactions to Ezra's Flash and the current desire to replace him. Moreover, Ezra isn't as established in the industry as other celebrities who have gotten a pass or been defended, and he also experiences homophobia from some groups who could see something like this as a good way to champion his dismissal without revealing their true motives.

In other words, there are a lot of variables and possibilities that affect how people react to things like this. It's lazy and fallacious thinking to assume the desire to recast is because he was so unloved. I enjoyed Ezra quite a bit as Barry, but if he is someone who can hurt other people like this, then I don't want him as Flash. I'd like to believe that some people have strong enough values that they don't let affection for a character or a portrayal prevent them from standing up for what is right.

4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Regardless if I liked him or not, he's gonna end up let go. Would be asking for bad PR to keep him.

But for the record, I found JL Flash very annoying.

Holy Slapper and Rorschach2012 like this.
  5. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Yeah he’s definitely out and I could not be happier

a very divisive performance without a doubt

TMP98 likes this.
  6. Frodo Registered

Grant Gustin basically is the Flash to the GA , fair or not, tv show or not.

Sure, Miller's Flash may have been approved of by those who saw JL, but its not as if he's as beloved as Holland's Spiderman, or even had the support Affleck had as Batman coming out of BvS.

If a Flash film does come to pass, they'll likely reboot and recast the solo film anyway ala The Batman.

Assuming they cast a good, charming actor in the part, they'll be fine.

7. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I don't think it's fair to compare Miller's Flash to Holland's Spider-Man because 1) Spider-Man will always be more popular than the Flash 2) We've had 5 Spider-Man movies prior to Holland appearing in CW 3) Holland has time to shine through 5 additional movies.

That being said, while I agree that Miller hasn't reached that point to the general audience, I don't think he has been given the opportunity. But, I'm not going to lose sleep if he's recast.

8. TMP98 Registered

That show is incredibly niche though

9. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I will be fair and agree with you here. After Justice League, I was also very sour on Jason Momoa as Aquaman just based off what I saw in that movie. He actively irritated me that movie, but enter James Wan and he knew exactly how to use him and crafted a bonkers movie I actually quite liked. Maybe Ezra Miller could have had that same effect, but I'm not going to lose sleep either if he's not given the chance.

Though I am curious to see how this movie turns out, since I like the director currently attached to this project. I also love the Flash as a character. I want the movie to be good. Regardless who ends up playing Barry Allen. But, we'll see if this movie ever actually materializes. It does kind of feel cursed

10. Zorro IncognitoX

Ezra did a really ****ty thing but I don't think he should be recast as I don't agree with "cancel culture". That said, losing him wouldn't bother me because I ain't a fan of his and wasn't into his Flash in JL.

11. Frodo Registered

He's as known as Flash as Benoist is as Supergirl and both are known in those roles to the GA so its not so niche that the public isn't aware of them. The CW is a major network and they're major shows so its not as if they're on a streaming service.

12. Detective Conan Registered

If Miller really does end up getting dropped then this scene will literally be the last time he ever plays the character.

13. Zorro IncognitoX

Recast or not, the suit better get a complete reboot!

14. The Guard Registered

The always trustworthy Cosmic Book News is now reporting that Warner Brothers may cancel the entire Flash movie over this.

Now it's a real story.

15. Detective Conan Registered

16. Eddie Dean Mr. Jackpots

Being rich must be nice

TMP98 likes this.
  17. Guts Smug

The guy that originally posted the claim that Ezra assaulted that girl had said that the police were involved and yet the police said they were never involved in this. Seems like this is a made up story.

18. Guts Smug

I remember Snyder said the reasoning for giving characters like Flash and Aquaman costumes that aren't very faithful was to the source was so that the director of the solo movies could give their own take on it. It did happen with Aquaman.

19. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Variety said nothing about the cops and corroborated with the restaurant involved

Ezra Miller Appears to Choke Woman in Video – Variety

20. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Then why did he give Batman and WW faithful costumes?

21. Guts Smug

I don't know. You can ask Snyder if you want.

22. Bruce Wayne Let's get nuts!

Because they're the big ones and he wanted to put his stamp on them.

23. Prettyricky Registered

This whole story seems random and weird. Its 6 seconds of what seems playful giving shes laughing and the cops may or may not have been involved. I see people saying fire him but I need the full context and video.

AVEITWITHJAMON likes this.
  24. TheGDBatman Registered

As much as I was indifferent about Miller's performance, I gotta admit that this whole situation seems strange. More context is needed before an employment decision is made imo.

25. Joined:
    Mar 6, 2015
    He put his hands on a woman and shoved her to the ground. You don't need more context.