The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Another one bites the dust. Suddenly that November production start date makes far more sense.

Im curious to see who they get for The Flash! Guess we'll find out soon!

Post on Morrison's instagram back in September. Maybe the version written by the two of them isn't something they just recently came up with.

That’s around the time when they announced the delay and canned the Feb production

I think they are using the word dark to hit out at Ezra, like “fun” was a bad word a few years ago, some said Morrison is not even a dark writer.

Ezra should have just fall in line with this one and try his idea for the sequel, I don’t know, I am hoping he is doing this so WB will be impressed and let his script be the base for the sequel, and the current directors can take on another film afterwards, I don’t know, SS3? Gunn will take 6 years to make that one now.

I don't think that Flash in Ezra and Grant's mind would be 'dark' per se. Things around him and his storyline perhaps, but still light enough.

Yeah I was thinking about that. Grant Morrison's work isn't so "dark" but rather complex, he likes twisting ideas, exploring stuff like travelling dimensions and the multiverse etc. Ezra in that interview a few months ago talked a lot about Flash's multiverse. Who knows, maybe the directors' vision was more of a caper, something more Earth-bound. Whereas Miller and Morrison might want to focus on time travel, interdimensional travel, the Speed Force etc. I wouldn't be surprised.

That being said, it looks very difficult for all this to come together with this team as it is. Something might have to give.

Mark Hughes was talking this year about why don’t they just get Remeckis, maybe he knew about this new script

Not gonna lie, I still want Ezra to stay. I'm not his fan even though I recognized his massive talent. Because if Ezra, who WB loves, is released by WB then there is minimum to no reason for WB to keep Henry. And Ray. And others. Then recurring main face are just Gal, Jason and Zachary. It'd be more awkward than just different Batman.

But doesn't mean that I want Daley and Goldstein to leave too. But I know that (actor and directors staying) is an unrealistic hope. And at the end of day, the mantle is bigger than the actor.

I don't think that Flash in Ezra and Grant's mind would be 'dark' per se. Things around him and his storyline perhaps, but still light enough.
Chances are we never see Henry or Ray again anyway. We probably only still get Aquaman because of how far along it was post JL

Another one bites the dust. Suddenly that November production start date makes far more sense.

Im curious to see who they get for The Flash! Guess we'll find out soon!
SERIOUSLY
Hopefully they can recast, give the actor enough time to train and do fittings and what not for his suit and everything else they need to from now until November.

I, too, am looking forward to hearing speculation and news going forward

Wau, somebody wants to make an actually interesting, weird, mind-bending sci-fi Flash film with real stakes instead of a light-hearted jokey popcorn-flick meh-fest? What an outrage! :funny:

Fricking love you Ezra! :atp:

But don't worry, WB will recast him and we'll get just another run-of-the-mill CB movie instead.

I don’t hate the idea of a darker take at all. Even “lighter” superheroes like Superman and Flash can tackle heavy themes and serious subject matter; there just needs to be an effort made by the creative team to keep the essence of the character intact.

But like others have said, I think it’s unlikely that we walk out this with the directors AND Miller still attached to the project.

I hope it is done well (whatever style they go with) and that Flash becomes popular with the GA.

Yeah I was thinking about that. Grant Morrison's work isn't so "dark" but rather complex, he likes twisting ideas, exploring stuff like travelling dimensions and the multiverse etc. Ezra in that interview a few months ago talked a lot about Flash's multiverse. Who knows, maybe the directors' vision was more of a caper, something more Earth-bound. Whereas Miller and Morrison might want to focus on time travel, interdimensional travel, the Speed Force etc. I wouldn't be surprised.

That being said, it looks very difficult for all this to come together with this team as it is. Something might have to give.
If that is what Ezra and Grant are going for, then I hope WB chooses their script.

Just found this interview from last November. From this interview it seems to be that he has in fact been working with Grant for a while and their version most likely is doing the Multiverse.

i trust him and Morrison more than the current writters tbh

Interesting turn of events.
I wonder if the directors will go for Ezra's and Grant Morrison's take.

This is unusual for the lead actor to come in and want to write. Morrison has a lot of great ideas that could serve the Flash universe well.

Yep, i actually like how Ezra knows the character and how passionate he talks about Flash, he knows what he's doing

Definitely think Ezra is out. If Ezra "hated" the directors' take so much that he was willing to write his own script I can't imagine their professional relationship is any good.

Seems like a lose-lose scenario. If WB somehow loves Ezra's take, and insist on using it, we could lose the directors and be set back again for who knows how long. If they stick with Goldstein/Daley's take, then we would need a new actor but probably get the movie sooner...

Interested to see how this all shakes out.

Goldsten and Daley wrote the mess of Homecoming, so im not surprise if Ezra didnt like something that looks cheap and weak, he always choosed his roles carefully and were on indie/artsy stuff, so i honestly trust more on what he's doing with ****ING MORRISON than those ****ers that made the mess of Homecoming :barf:

That explains why Miller was apparently so giddy about speedsters stringing together the multiverse.
Sounds like nothing Daley & Goldstein signed up for.

They probably made another lame/weak script

I think they are using the word dark to hit out at Ezra, like “fun” was a bad word a few years ago, some said Morrison is not even a dark writer.

Ezra should have just fall in line with this one and try his idea for the sequel, I don’t know, I am hoping he is doing this so WB will be impressed and let his script be the base for the sequel, and the current directors can take on another film afterwards, I don’t know, SS3? Gunn will take 6 years to make that one now.

same :up:

I honestly hope Miller and Morrison script wins this and WB go with them stuff

Wau, somebody wants to make an actually interesting, weird, mind-bending sci-fi Flash film with real stakes instead of a light-hearted jokey popcorn-flick meh-fest? What an outrage! :funny:

Fricking love you Ezra! :atp:

But don't worry, WB will recast him and we'll get just another run-of-the-mill CB movie instead.

:hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt:

@Consona @Flash525 @Greenlite

just look at this, he knows what he's doing :hrt::atp:

D1y-zrvXQAAc-J_

#KeepMiller

Just found this interview from last November. From this interview it seems to be that he has in fact been working with Grant for a while and their version most likely is doing the Multiverse.

i remember watching this and being hyped af

He really isn't. The irony is that people would use the panel from All Star Superman of Superman stopping a girl from committing suicide as a criticism against Man of Steel. Ezra got the guy that wrote that comic to co-write the Flash script.

He really isn't. The irony is that people would use the panel from All Star Superman of Superman stopping a girl from committing suicide as a criticism against Man of Steel. Ezra got the guy that wrote that comic to co-write the Flash script.

He also literally wrote a character in the Flex Mentallo series who voiced his opinion that dark for the sake of dark is just as dumb and immature as the light stories that people tended to dismiss as juvenile at the time.

1cb90656bdffb4228e0299ee0215a8d9.jpg

Last edited:
I'm torn, because in one hand, i want a good flash movie, i like the game of night directors, and i dont like the idea that an actor taking too much control over movie....but on the other hand i like Ezra, i understand that he want an unique "perfect" flash movie, i love his passion...and him coupled with Grant Morrison could go wrong of course, but it could be also mindboggling. A unique Flash movie.

If Morrison goes for multiverse craziness, this could be wild. I'd love to see them handle something like how Spider-Verse did.

He also literally wrote a character in the Flex Mentallo series who voiced his opinion that dark for the sake of dark is just as dumb and immature as the light stories that people tended to dismiss as juvenile at the time.

1cb90656bdffb4228e0299ee0215a8d9.jpg

This is all actually somewhat amusing since I remember when the fanboys went after him for saying he didn't like the neck snap at the end of Man of Steel.:funny:

I actually think the comic reinforces Snyder's vision and offers a rebuke to his critics. Snyder offered realism and his critics confused it with pessimism. Snyder's realistic and serious approach to superheroes isn't dark for the sake of being dark. The bookend narration in BvS exemplifies that approach: Bruce begins as a cynical nihilist and ends as an optimistic team player. MoS has Jonathan Kent express doubts and fears about humanity while also hoping one day the world would accept his son, and one day Lois, Father Leone, Colonel Hardy, and many others did take a leap of faith.

Morrison's involvement has me hoping he could work on another Justice League movie if WB ever makes one. His JLA run is still goat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"