The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

If Ezra can chill the **** out and tone down his confused interpretation of Barry Allen, then I think he can do a good job. He seems like he’s done the most comics research of all the big DC actors, and I wish that would’ve translated to a less annoying performance.

I’ve come around to the idea of a Flash movie. It has so much potential. I just hope it’s not just a typical origin story, this can be so much more.

This could be Flash’s time-traveling odyssey. I think they should go for broke for this one. I have to say though, there are really only (3) acceptable options for villains. Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold & the Rogues, or Reverse Flash. Anything else would be a misstep and a big disappointment. DC has made enough mistakes with the villains in the past (Parallax, Steppenwolf, Enchantress, etc;).

Don’t save the big villains for a sequel that MIGHT NOT EVEN HAPPEN. Take a page out of Aquaman’s playbook. That’s the highest grossing DC movie of all time and they used his two most iconic villains right off the bat.

So with Disco producing, perhaps the film begins production this year? The Sopranos prequel isn’t going to be a lengthy shoot.

Maybe they'll sort out the Soprano movie this year, go into pre-production early next year, and when Ezra's done with that little movie next year, they're ready to go.

Start post at the end of next year, and get it ready for spring 2022?

I think they have lined up The Trench for 2020, Shazam 2/Black Adam 2021, GCS? for 2022, New Gods 2023?

We might not see Supergirl or Batgirl for a while unless they're happy to make 4 DC films (small and large budgets) in one year, Bat and SS coming out both in Summer makes that possible.

Maybe they'll sort out the Soprano movie this year, go into pre-production early next year, and when Ezra's done with that little movie next year, they're ready to go.

Disco is executive producing Saints of Newark (meaning he won't be that involved), probably as a reward for his shepherding the movie towards production at NL and as his first movie as a producer.

So I don't know if Michael Disco's involvement will jumpstart production on The Flash or what. Miller still has that action movie he signed on that starts production in the summer, then Fantastic Beasts 3 in the fall.

So it’s not based on Flashpoint? Fine with me.

I’m way more ready for this after Aquaman. My interest in the DCEU has grown.

He was awful in JL.

He's Barry Allen in name only.

His schedule with Fantastic Beasts is part of the reason they haven't gotten this into production and his suit is garbage.

Which one of these is half of a reason tho?? :p

I totally agree about the suit. It was terrible. I kept telling myself that it'll look good on the big screen but it looked awful.

I say ditch the wide eyed, awkward rookie gimmick. That was a bad idea.

Barry is young but that doesn't mean he'll be short on self-esteem. Go for a slightly more cocky version and I feel Daley & Goldstein will be able to get the best of out of Ezra.

Which one of these is half of a reason tho?? :p

I totally agree about the suit. It was terrible. I kept telling myself that it'll look good on the big screen but it looked awful.

I say ditch the wide eyed, awkward rookie gimmick. That was a bad idea.

Barry is young but that doesn't mean he'll be short on self-esteem. Go for a slightly more cocky version and I feel Daley & Goldstein will be able to get the best of out of Ezra.

The suit is half of a reason :cwink:

Daley & Goldstein's output as a team thus far have been all out and out comedies so it's pretty clear what kind kind of tone WB wants to pursue. I would preferred Mark Perez (he wrote Game Night) to write this one but I'm just happy that there is some movement on the project.

I betting Barry will have a new suit in this movie. I think Snyder did say that the idea for Bruce Wayne to gift Barry with a new suit that looks closer to the comics version was only in the concept stage because he wanted the directors of the solo movies to give the heroes like Aquaman and Flash their costumes. Hopefully it will play out like the Dark Knight wear he wears the JL suit for his first action scene and then gets the new suit early on rather than Aquaman where he doesn't get it until the third act.

I thought all the costumes looked a little off in JL aside from WW and Superman. So glad they switched it up in the Aquaman solo. I’d imagine they’d do the same for Flash. They have to.

If Ezra can chill the **** out and tone down his confused interpretation of Barry Allen, then I think he can do a good job. He seems like he’s done the most comics research of all the big DC actors, and I wish that would’ve translated to a less annoying performance.

I’ve come around to the idea of a Flash movie. It has so much potential. I just hope it’s not just a typical origin story, this can be so much more.

This could be Flash’s time-traveling odyssey. I think they should go for broke for this one. I have to say though, there are really only (3) acceptable options for villains. Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold & the Rogues, or Reverse Flash. Anything else would be a misstep and a big disappointment. DC has made enough mistakes with the villains in the past (Parallax, Steppenwolf, Enchantress, etc;).

Don’t save the big villains for a sequel that MIGHT NOT EVEN HAPPEN. Take a page out of Aquaman’s playbook. That’s the highest grossing DC movie of all time and they used his two most iconic villains right off the bat.

Yes I definitely think they should do this

The suit will change. Almost every movie a hero would have a costume change for reasons like merchandise.
It's Barry's DIY suit after all. Once he has more resource (and I foresee that his current suit gets destroyed or couldn't support his increasing ability), tada--new suit.

I like Ezra Miller as an actor though. Great range with intensity. JL is a Frankenstein movie, different direction would do.

I checked the updated entry on Production Weekly (paid subscription), and it's headed for a late 2019 start in England (rather than Atlanta) under the "Flashpoint" title (with 'aka "The Flash"' next to it). Daley & Goldstein are still attached, as is Miller, Clements, and Crudup.

I checked the updated entry on Production Weekly (paid subscription), and it's headed for a late 2019 start in England (rather than Atlanta) under the "Flashpoint" title (with 'aka "The Flash"' next to it). Daley & Goldstein are still attached, as is Miller, Clements, and Crudup.

Then I don't think we get a Flash film until 2021 or 2022 at the latest

THE FLASH

Barry Allen - Ezra Miller

C2lXOiK.jpg

Wally West - Shameik Moore

YRXeGOQ.jpg

Iris West - Kiersey Clemons

QIJJjDO.png

Henry Allen - Billy Crudup

TOnEZib.png

Joe West - Tim Meadows

gHoVEHX.png

Reverse Flash - Matthew McConaughey

zyulDsc.jpg

Captain Cold - Colson Baker

9ytB1bq.jpg

Mirror Master - Jesse Plemons

8Cx0UIj.jpg

Captain Boomerang - Jai Courtney

1T2Iai7.png

Gorilla Grodd - Toby Kebbel

DrC0Rqp.jpg

THE FLASH

Barry Allen - Ezra Miller

C2lXOiK.jpg

Wally West - Shameik Moore

YRXeGOQ.jpg

Iris West - Kiersey Clemons

QIJJjDO.png

Henry Allen - Billy Crudup

TOnEZib.png

Joe West - Tim Meadows

gHoVEHX.png

Reverse Flash - Matthew McConaughey

zyulDsc.jpg

Captain Cold - Colson Baker

9ytB1bq.jpg

Mirror Master - Jesse Plemons

8Cx0UIj.jpg

Captain Boomerang - Jai Courtney

1T2Iai7.png

Gorilla Grodd - Toby Kebbel

DrC0Rqp.jpg

I definitely would go with this cast

I am so happy =)

So they are delaying FB3 to regather their thoughts on what to do there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"