The All Things Flash Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danielle_Panabaker.png

You know, if she wasn't already on the TV Series version of the character, she would have been my picked to play the film version of "Iris West", opposite to Ezra's Barry.

I'm actually wondering though on whether they'll keep Iris as a journalist in this film as well since we already have one in the DCU in the form of Amy's Lois. The only reason why I I wonder is because it could be tricky to write good arcs for her that wouldn't feel similar to Amy's arcs as Lois.

^^^ They can made her a TV news reporter.

^^^ They can made her a TV news reporter.

That could work. So in terms of the remainder of this film's cast, let alone potential solo franchise... if anything, these are who I'd recommend for the remaining roles within the Flash Universe (for the time being).

Note- I'm going to be adding Ezra and Jai to the list since they're the only "Flash Centric" characters confirmed for the DCU so far...

1. BARRY ALLEN/THE FLASH- Ezra Miller

ezra_miller_flash_15oct14_01.jpg

2. CAPTAIN BOOMERANG- Jai Courtney

5759040.jpg

3. REVERSE FLASH/PROFESSOR ZOOM- Matthew Goode

watchmen28.jpg

4. CAPTAIN COLD- Timothy Olyphant

Timothy-Olyphant_1_0.jpg

5. NORA ALLEN- Julianne Nicholasn

julianne_nicholson_12748.jpg

6. CISCO RAMON/VIBE- Ramon Rodriguez

ramon-rodriguez-2-11-11-kc.jpg

7. IRIS WEST- Lyndsy Fonseca

lyndsy_fonseca_cute_smile.jpg

Any thoughts?

I don't think the film should attempt to ape the TV show. No on the pit crew from STAR being in the films.

I don't think the film should attempt to ape the TV show. No on the pit crew from STAR being in the films.

lol true, though I doubt Cisco being used in this or any other Flash Film would mean that they would be ripping off the TV Series. They could just bring him about in a different way, one where he already has his powers.

And you wouldn't need Dr. Wells or Caitlin Snow for this film either of course.

lol true, though I doubt Cisco being used in this or any other Flash Film would mean that they would be ripping off the TV Series. They could just bring him about in a different way, one where he already has his powers.

And you wouldn't need Dr. Wells or Caitlin Snow for this film either of course.

I think that Barry on film should be presented as being smart and capable enough to not need the pit crew, but also they should dispense with the idea that he would keep his secret from Iris. Have it be shared from the start. I also think that Barry needs to get with the program of how best to use his powers fast on film. On the TV show there's not only inconsistency when it comes to Barry's powers but also his intelligence. I don't think Barry needs to radio to a third party to get calculations and stuff. He could do that by himself at super speed. I also think that he traditionally has always been a detail orientated scientist, working in a field that demands precision. This should bleed over into his super heroics, but on the show they still have his running in blind, where for myself, I don't think Barry would be that way and hope that aspect isn't carried into the films.

I think that Barry on film should be presented as being smart and capable enough to not need the pit crew, but also they should dispense with the idea that he would keep his secret from Iris. Have it be shared from the start. I also think that Barry needs to get with the program of how best to use his powers fast on film. On the TV show there's not only inconsistency when it comes to Barry's powers but also his intelligence. I don't think Barry needs to radio to a third party to get calculations and stuff. He could do that by himself at super speed. I also think that he traditionally has always been a detail orientated scientist, working in a field that demands precision. This should bleed over into his super heroics, but on the show they still have his running in blind, where for myself, I don't think Barry would be that way and hope that aspect isn't carried into the films.

Agreed with pretty much everything said.

And thankfully, I don't think we'll get the Foster Siblings back-story between Iris and Barry this time around.lol

Given Ezra's age, he'll most definitely be the youngest hero out of the entire JL lineup (as far as I'm aware of) so I'm definitely at least expecting him to make some rookie mistakes here and there until he matures up a bit.

Agree... rookie mistakes as maybe discovering some of his powers, but the most important thing is rookie mistakes especially while fighting lol.

I don't want STAR Labs helping him with his things in the movies, that's Wally's thing.
Barry should make his costume and equipment by himself.

Do you think he will buff his arms and chest?

I'd imagine so. He doesn't need to get Cavill and Affleck big but I'd like him to look toned and athletic. He can achieve that.

He'll work out no doubt, he just won't get Cavill or Affleck big.

No one wants him to be as big as Superman or Batman.
Just a little bigger than he looks in that image.

I just had a thought. What if the villain of the Flash movie is... Jay Garrick? It could be Old Flash vs. New Flash.

the villain should be Reverse Flash or Gorilla Grodd

:shr:The one thing I have a problem with on the show is how weak he seems when he faces the villians. You would think it would behove the Flash to carry around a taser gun, taser, cattle prod, tranquilzer gun, etc. for when he fights these guys. I mean if he so fast that time seems to stop for everyone else and he should practically be able to run circles around these guys, why doesn't he use one of the devices I have listed and stun and incapicitate these guys? I just don't get how slow he seem to be when he is facing these supervillians, but seems to be super fast when it comes to doing stupid things like cleaning up Iris's moving crap, or puting Catlin into PJs. Just examine the episode where he was facing Captian Cold and Heat Wave, they were just shooting at him with they're guns, and it's not like they're that quick, so why couldn't he eaisly disarm them? Or better yet why couldn't the police have snipers set up at the scene and take them out while they were distracted by the Flash while he was running up the side of a building? I'm telling you, they are downgrading his character for the sake of drama, it's ridiculous!!!

Last edited:
:shr:The one thing I have a problem with on the show is how weak he seems when he faces the villians. You would think it would behove the Flash to carry around a taser gun, taser, cattle prod, tranquilzer gun, etc. for when he fights these guys. I mean if he so fast that time seems to stop for everyone else and he should practically be able to run circles around these guys, why doesn't he use one of the devices I have listed and stun and incapicitate these guys? I just don't get how slow he seem to be when he is facing these supervillians, but seems to be super fast when it comes to doing stupid things like cleaning up Iris's moving crap, or puting Catlin into PJs. Just examine the episode where he was facing Captian Cold and Heat Wave, they were just shooting at him with they're guns, and it's not like they're that quick, so why couldn't he eaisly disarm them? Or better yet why couldn't the police have snipers set up at the scene and take them out while they were distracted by the Flash while he was running up the side of a building? I'm telling you, they are downgrading his character for the sake of drama, it's ridiculous!!!

Because thats boring

sometimes i get exasperated when a show I like has some *unnecessary* laps in internal logic built into the series. In The FLASH it's this business of capturing these new super powered villains and putting them in special lockups in the basement of the scientific headquarters the Flash works out of...I mean, sure, it's a superhero story, it's not going to be realistic, but shouldn't The Flash stand up for justice, for what's right? And shouldn't he not be a gigantic LAW BREAKER? These villains are supposed to get A TRIAL; they're supposed to get representation; they're supposed to be legally convicted and put in chambers where they have access to toilets, where they are not prevented from taking exercise...I mean, these cells they're putting them in (illegally--actually breaking kidnap laws to do it) are more cruel and restrictive than high security at Pelican Bay. YES I know the prisoner's superpower is a problem--but that special circumstance could be worked around. The cells could be shown to have doors into other chambers, the cell complex could be accessed by judge and journey and attorneys. This could be shown in a few minutes, for internal logic--and most importantly so that The Flash is not breaking more laws than Batman ever did. Batman is constantly breaking laws against breaking and entering and vigilanteism but he never kept anyone in a cube...

I've written for television--Deep Space 9 and other shows--and comics--The Crow: Death and Rebirth...and for movies based on comic heroes...I wrote THE CROW and share credit with Dave Schow... and I can tell you that this lapse in internal logic could be easily dealt with. They're just being lazy at the CW.

sometimes i get exasperated when a show I like has some *unnecessary* laps in internal logic built into the series. In The FLASH it's this business of capturing these new super powered villains and putting them in special lockups in the basement of the scientific headquarters the Flash works out of...I mean, sure, it's a superhero story, it's not going to be realistic, but shouldn't The Flash stand up for justice, for what's right? And shouldn't he not be a gigantic LAW BREAKER? These villains are supposed to get A TRIAL; they're supposed to get representation; they're supposed to be legally convicted and put in chambers where they have access to toilets, where they are not prevented from taking exercise...I mean, these cells they're putting them in (illegally--actually breaking kidnap laws to do it) are more cruel and restrictive than high security at Pelican Bay. YES I know the prisoner's superpower is a problem--but that special circumstance could be worked around. The cells could be shown to have doors into other chambers, the cell complex could be accessed by judge and journey and attorneys. This could be shown in a few minutes, for internal logic--and most importantly so that The Flash is not breaking more laws than Batman ever did. Batman is constantly breaking laws against breaking and entering and vigilanteism but he never kept anyone in a cube...

I've written for television--Deep Space 9 and other shows--and comics--The Crow: Death and Rebirth...and for movies based on comic heroes...I wrote THE CROW and share credit with Dave Schow... and I can tell you that this lapse in internal logic could be easily dealt with. They're just being lazy at the CW.

I completely agree with you! I mean how do they take showers? I mean what the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"