The Official FLASHPOINT Film (2020) News And Speculation Thread

KRYPTON INC.

Incorporated Kryptonian
Reaction score
I figured this would be the place to discuss the upcoming Ezra Miller Flashpoint film exclusively. Will it follow the comic book story closely? Will it have an affect on the wider DCEU? Will it be a quasi sequel to Justice League much as Captain America: Civil War was a quasi Avengers film? Discuss all this and more.

JZ6FS2v.gif

Since Thomas Wayne's Batman was in BvS, what are they going to do with Flashpoint when it comes to Batman?

My prediction and speculation

Barry vs Eobard, emotional stuff with Dad/Mom and Iris
Support from Thomas Wayne Batman, whose IT is Martha, emotional beat with the letter
WW and AM going at each other, not evil, just a conflict of interest
Maybe support from Cyborg, depending on the JL reception.
Cameo of Clark?
No recast as The Batman has already came out
and no "reboot" as we'd likely have had 6 films post JL already, crazy to course correct then reboot after 6 films (AM, Shazam, SS2, WW2, Bat, Batgirl).

Budget ~ 200M, aim for 800M b.o. worldwide
Directed by Bob Remekis

IMO

On the one hand, they'll need to have much more of a Flash-specific focus - Barry's parents, Iris, etc. At the same time, I suspect they'll use this as a sort of JL 2. Cyborg and Wonder Woman are probably guaranteed to show up, and therefore probably Aquaman. My guess is that WW and Aquaman have limited roles, while Cyborg has a bigger role.

I'm not sure they'll do Thomas Wayne Batman. They might just opt for some version of Bruce's knightmare Batman instead (depending on when this goes before cameras). My guess is that they'll keep the Batman parts to a minimum.

Although I want them to focus on Barry and his core relationships, I don't want them to cop out like the TV show did. If they are going to do Flashpoint, they should go all the way.

My own little fan wish is that, instead of anorexic Superman, they should fold in Red Son Superman. It'd be an interesting complement to a conflict between Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

I think an issue the film might have is that the original story it's based has at it's core the idea that the audience is invested in the world and people Barry has lost due to the changes in the timeline, biggest among them being his loss of Iris. I have a hard time seeing their relationship being a part of JL in some huge capacity. The needle this film will have to thread in that regards... Well it's gonna take some deft touches in script and execution.

Still hope Lord and Miller can come back but if not, to handle something requiring such a skilled hand my other choice is Bobby Z.

I think an issue the film might have is that the original story it's based has at it's core the idea that the audience is invested in the world and people Barry has lost due to the changes in the timeline, biggest among them being his loss of Iris. I have a hard time seeing their relationship being a part of JL in some huge capacity. The needle this film will have to thread in that regards... Well it's gonna take some deft touches in script and execution.

Still hope Lord and Miller can come back but if not, to handle something requiring such a skilled hand my other choice is Bobby Z.

Exactly why it's silly to do a version of Flashpoint so soon. You do Flashpoint then what? A small solo film with the Rogues? But we just had this epic JL 1.5 in the first solo film?

On the one hand, they'll need to have much more of a Flash-specific focus - Barry's parents, Iris, etc. At the same time, I suspect they'll use this as a sort of JL 2. Cyborg and Wonder Woman are probably guaranteed to show up, and therefore probably Aquaman. My guess is that WW and Aquaman have limited roles, while Cyborg has a bigger role.

I'm not sure they'll do Thomas Wayne Batman. They might just opt for some version of Bruce's knightmare Batman instead (depending on when this goes before cameras). My guess is that they'll keep the Batman parts to a minimum.

Although I want them to focus on Barry and his core relationships, I don't want them to cop out like the TV show did. If they are going to do Flashpoint, they should go all the way.

My own little fan wish is that, instead of anorexic Superman, they should fold in Red Son Superman. It'd be an interesting complement to a conflict between Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

Awesome idea, while I really like skinny superman and all the pathos he comes with, integrating Red Son in would make the conflict that much more massive and give a human side a chance for victory.

I want an alternate universe story which reboots the dc universe, bjt im not sure this is the right moment for flashpoint.

We have no vested interest in Barry's relationship with his mom nor character development going into it. Its too early in the story for this tochave the same effect.

Which is again why we should temper our expectations about the film's content.

Which is again why we should temper our expectations about the film's content.
Good point actually. It might not have anything to do with him having tried to go back in time to stop revere flash from killing his mother.

At the same time if the audience already has a vested interest in the fact that Flash lost his mom, then the moment Flash finds his mom alive it adds a cool scene and emotional weight to the story when he makes his final decision to again go back in time to stop himself from stopping reverse flash.

Plus his already having an established lomg term friendship with the justice league members adds to audience relating to f lash's since of i have to fix this.

Plus his already having an established lomg term friendship with the justice league members adds to audience relating to f lash's since of i have to fix this.

Definitely! Imagine Flashpoint as the first film in the DCEU! :funny:

Last edited:
I want an alternate universe story which reboots the dc universe, bjt im not sure this is the right moment for flashpoint.

We have no vested interest in Barry's relationship with his mom nor character development going into it. Its too early in the story for this tochave the same effect.

It's just their way of making sure this makes money by having WW and another Batman, etc. Probably a way to make it different from the show instead of doing that on it's own merits. It's just lazy imo

How ironic that I'm disapointed that this movie will be based off of one of my all time favorite comic books.

Even more ironic because I want a reboot

It's just their way of making sure this makes money by having WW and another Batman, etc. Probably a way to make it different from the show instead of doing that on it's own merits. It's just lazy imo

Flashpoint works for WB/DC in a number of ways.

1. It's a ready-made fix/reboot for the DCEU if they decide they need it;

2. As you mention, it provides roles for other characters that the public enjoy seeing (no shoehorning - they're already there in the source material);

3. Flashpoint was Geoff Johns' baby and he's already on hand and up to his armpits in the DCEU;

4. It's a darn good story in it's own right.

Ideally I'd have liked at least one true solo outing for Flash but I can see why WB/DC have gone with this.

Personally, I'm happy they're going with Flashpoint for several reasons (and this is assuming it's a close adaptation to the original story):

1.- Seems like everyone and their grandmas wanted a smaller, simpler "origin story/first movie" with Barry vs the Rogues, but why really?? First of all, the movie itself could come across as "more of the same" when it comes to heroes first solo adventures (i.e: Antman, Dr Strange) - WW gets a pass for being a period piece and the more unique elements of the character - and that's not taking into account that the Rogues, unless they're banding together and in large numbers, wouldn't pose a real thread for someone as fast as the Flash (the tv show, as enjoyable as it might be, dumbs Barry down to a ridiculous level to get the Rogues to get the best of him, and the comics present no sense of dynamic perspective, so that's a whole different thing). Starting with Flashpoint from the gate is a very unique concept/move.

2.- It's big. No need to start small with it, but go all out; no need to have small adventures and then the "event movies"; why not make every movie an "event" (when it comes to the big powerful characters like Flash or GL, of course; street level heroes is another story).

3.- It presents the opportunity for some crazy visuals, storylines and alternative versions of characters which by that point (release date) will be a lot more familiar to audiences; again, the uniqueness of it.

4.- My main reason; all of Flashpoint's reason to be can be summed up as "Barry's one, big, idiotic mistake" (changing the past to save his mother ignoring the possible consequences); I much rather him making that idiotic mistake early in his career than later on, when he should know better.

Just my two cents.

Also, I'm willing to bet that there will be no "reboot" after this (and all the universe build-up that the movies leading to this are doing); the whole "reboot" talk is just wishful thinking from the people who are unhappy with how the DCEU has been going; they're doing minor adjustments to appeal to more of the mainstream audience (whom by the way, have made the first 4 DCEU movies insanely successful money-wise this far, so not that much hate there) and win over some detractors, but they're putting a lot of work, time and money into building this universe, they're not gonna throw it away, and they're specially not going to plan to throw it away while they're still producing other movies to lead to this one; if any actor leaves, they'll recast and act like nothing happened.

Last edited:
I want a smaller simpler origin story and the answers are room for fun and proper introduction and character building. Knowing who he is, who he was, where he came from, how it got this way, his roots!

The Flash is reported to be coming out in 2020 not 2019, and is likely swallowing Cyborg's spot, as he'll probably feature heavily in the movie.

Last edited:
more and more i feel this will the eqilvent of days of future past of DCeU.when flash changes history again to prevent flashpoint it will "reboot" the DC film universe.this is how the batman will be seperate from past dceu films and exlain onscreen affleck's depture.it allows them too to redo superman in future.with all due respect to fans of man of steel snyder's take on superman
hasn't always been popular with everyone.they can keep wonder woman's solo films intact since so far her film is one dc film everyone likes.if aquaman gets same reaction next year same thing can happen.

This should be the one that launches the new DC films banner of standalone films. Launch the multiverse out of Flashpoint!

^My source says Geoff Johns told the guy tweeting these kinda s*** to F off.

Is it officially confirmed that it will be a Flashpoint movie?

Flashpoint is a waste if it doesn't involve the other heroes and the effect on the whole DC world, but if it does involve them then it is giving less time to The Flash himself which isn't a great first Flash movie.

Flashpoint would be better as a Justice League movie as opposed to a Flash standalone.

more and more i feel this will the eqilvent of days of future past of DCeU.when flash changes history again to prevent flashpoint it will "reboot" the DC film universe.this is how the batman will be seperate from past dceu films and exlain onscreen affleck's depture.it allows them too to redo superman in future.with all due respect to fans of man of steel snyder's take on superman
hasn't always been popular with everyone.they can keep wonder woman's solo films intact since so far her film is one dc film everyone likes.if aquaman gets same reaction next year same thing can happen.

How would Flashpoint explain a Batman recasting? Anyway it wouldn't be necessary. There is no time travelling in James Bond to explain James Bond recasting. If Affleck wants out, just recast, preferably with a guy of the same age.

Plus why would they need to "redo" Man of Steel? Erasing the events from the DCEU timeline to appease one corner of fandom who is very small compared the vast movie going audience.

Besides, using The Flash's first solo outing to "repair" the DCEU rather than focus on developing the character and his surroundings would not bode well for that branch of the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"