The Official FLASHPOINT Film (2020) News And Speculation Thread

Yes, it's interesting that they call that 'the Flash film' but call 'Batgirl' by name.

Btw, I've got to see Statham take on a prehistoric shark!

Justin Kroll revealed some more details on Meet The Movie Press. He says the tone WB is going for is the very first Iron Man; funny and fun, but with dark and serious moments when needed. He also claims Bruce Wayne does not have a huge role in the story, which is why Ben was looked at to direct.

That actually doesn't sound too bad to me. Didn't really care for Ezra's portrayal in JL though, so if he seems quite different and more like that first scene in the prison in the trailers then maybe I'll be more interested.

Ezra was a little rough in JL, but I'm less inclined to blame him for that and more inclined to attribute it to him being the designated "funny guy" in a movie that's been split between a guy who, as his prior two films showed us, doesn't really do "funny", and another guy whose humor would probably be most politely described as "an acquired taste".

At this point, and especially post-JL, it wouldn't make a lick of goddamn sense to go as large as Flashpoint would require.

Yessssssss

Forget about flashpoint for now.
Please:funny:

Flashpoint movie is a terrible idea for first Flash movie, maybe it could work for third Flash movie down the line but right now, it's disastrous.

Edit: I'm still not convinced that WB has dropped the idea, I need more evidence, lol.

Flashpoint movie is a terrible idea for first Flash movie, maybe it could work for third Flash movie down the line but right now, it's disastrous.

Edit: I'm still not convinced that WB has dropped the idea, I need more evidence, lol.

If a writer from one of the trades refers to it as "the Flash movie", I think it speaks to there being at least a bit of uncertainty as to what the project really is. And, to me, it says that sooner or later we'll hear "Yeah, it's just The Flash, guys."

Well Scott Mendelson liked Game Night =)

'Game Night' Review: Jason Bateman And Rachel McAdams Roll A Comedy Winner
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...el-mcadams-roll-a-comedy-winner/#37d427d900db

There is at least one sequence, a very long take involving (vague spoilers) attempts to obtain a McGuffin, that shows a genuine skill at action composition and visual cleverness that presumably helped get them hired on The Flash...

...If the second and third acts of Game Night are merely good compared to the superb first act, I will admit that the entire film is entertaining and that the earned laughs come at a pretty clipped pace.

Just thinking maybe WB won't get these 2 to direct a complex time travel team up movie as their first project, Game Night sounds like a straight forward comedy thriller

I mean even if Flashpoint does get made can it even be the film we the DC fans want it to be? Can this film also be another saving grace to the DCEU?

That Hashtag Show claims to have a source that told them story. Pinch of salt an all that.

Possible SPOILERS ahead:

The supporting cast will include Officer Fred Chyre, a Keystone City cop in the comics, who will be working with Allen to investigate the death of Jonathan Chambers, aka Johnny Quick. Detective Jared Morillo, Chyre’s partner in the comics, is also set to appear.

Caitlin Snow is set to appear in a lead role and knowing the history of the character we can imagine we could see her alter ego Killer Frost emerge at some point during the film. As far as the Rogues set to antagonize The Flash, we’re told to expect two old standbys and one surprise.

Dr. Arthur Light is set to serve as the film’s big bad but fans can also expect to see two of Flash’s oldest foes as well. Both Captain Cold and Heatwave are lined up to complicate things for our hero, adding alternate versions of Leonard Snart and Mick Rory to the growing list of characters who will have both TV and film versions co-existing, though fans of Flashpoint will know that these versions may be a little different than their TV counterparts!

Why are we even entertaining the notion that anyone would know story details this far out?

Well, it does say:

but that it also comes from info gathered BEFORE Daley and Goldstein took on the film, meaning any and all of it could change.

Of course it all could be BS. :srg:

Article dated FEBRUARY 22, 2018 3:13pm

New 'Flash' Directors Haven’t Begun Work Because Their Deal Isn’t Done

A deal is in the works, but not yet finalized, the duo tell The Hollywood Reporter.

It’s been over a month since it was first reported that Spider-Man: Homecoming screenwriters John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein were in talks to direct a solo movie about The Flash, but Wednesday night the two told The Hollywood Reporter that they still haven’t finalized a deal with Warner Bros.

“We’re still negotiating,” Daley said at the premiere of their latest directorial effort, Game Night, a comedy thriller starring Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams. “Deals are in the works right now.”

They insist that they haven’t started working on the script of the film, called Flashpoint, yet because “we have to sign the deal,” Daley said. “Hopefully, it will work out.”

Goldstein joked the holdup is due to very crucial deal point. “It’s all about parking spots,” he quipped. “If you give in then you’re all the way out by craft services. You want a better spot than that.”

Flashpoint will star Ezra Miller, reprising his role as the DC superhero from Justice League. Directors Rick Famuyiwa and Seth Grahame-Smith were previously attached separately to helm Flashpoint.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/r...-t-begun-work-because-deal-isn-t-done-1087607

Seem to be delaying the negotiation to get a better deal especially if Game Night is getting good reviews

Haven't seen the movie.. but, the trailers look great !

Since this movie is getting good reviews, I feel that the directors are the best fit for Flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"