The "Amalgam Universe" RPG IC thread

(Iron Lantern)

I am flying through the city when i reach my mansion. I go in and check it out more throughly. I find some inventions and sketches of guns and weapons and stuff.

"I must have designed these"

I try to take of my helmet but it is latched on there and i cant get it off. I sit down at a desk in my room...

"Who were those two back there. The one with the claws seemed familiar, like i have known him before. I don't know. And what was up with that freak that got crushed in the sewers. And who is this Thanoseid, I don't believe i remember him. There is some strange stuff going on lately. I think i got to go check some stuff out."

I fly right out of my window and start to go up and down the streets. There is nobody around...well it is late. When i go past a jewelry store and i see a window smash out. I fly down to investigate when i see 3 rather buff men inside and a women out the door. They don't see me yet. I shot my beam at a near by trash can and turn it into a smoke grenade. I pick it up and through it in there. The smoke starts to get bad and i see the people run out. I fly down in front of them and say...

"Is there a problem here?" No sooner than i say that a 4th and way more buff dude comes up from behind me and hits me with a baseball bat. I fall to the floor and feel like i barley got hit, but i still went down.

"C'mon guys, we should get out of here. I don't know what the point of this piece of scrap metal was, but...

"Scrap metal" I say as i get up. "You just made a big mistake". I shot my beam at the bat and turn it into a snake. I wraps around the guy that was holding it and i shot it again, now turning it into a rope. I use the rope that continues to get longer and longer and i tie it around the 2 of the men and the woman. I look to the last one and he starts to run.

"Now don't move." I say to the people on the floor tied up. "Never mind, that joke was in bad taste."

I shot of using the boosters in my boots right after the guy running. I tackle him from behind and pick him up in the air flying high.

"Get your hands off me." He yells.

"Well you asked for it" I drop him right over an open dumpster only 15 ft. away from his partners in crime. I quickly shoot the trash and turn it in to wet cement. He plops down in it. "That should hold you."

I pull out a cell phone that one of the men drooped. I dial 911 and i talk to a cop.

"Yes, I'm a robber and me and 3 of my friends are over here at Jacky's Jewelry and we were steeling some jewel's. Would you come arrest us please. 3 of us are tied up and one is in a trash can full of wet cement."

I then grab a firm hold on the phone and crush it in my hand.

"Have fun in the jail cell. It should be more fun than that cement." I say as i fly of, "Just consider me the new hero in this town." I say as i take off toward home.

spartin2008 said:
(Thanoseid)

"No. You do deserve to live. The rumors about my fighter spirit were exaggerated, I'm not the fighter you sought. I am much more powerful with my infinity gems. That is my biggest source of power. If you help me and be on my side, I will teach you may ways, and we will soon rule the world"
I was flabbergasted. I was beaten by a power monster. I reduced myself to the blathering idioy who prefer to take his own life instead of surviving.

I need to learn again. I need to be humbled. Thanoseid gave me that and more. There is only one thing to do....

I fell to my knees....

"I am yours, Master...."

I kneeled before him...

"...make me whole again."
"Yippie!!", I heard Mxy, "I love my new brother!"

blah said:
I was flabbergasted. I was beaten by a power monster. I reduced myself to the blathering idioy who prefer to take his own life instead of surviving.

I need to learn again. I need to be humbled. Thanoseid gave me that and more. There is only one thing to do....

I fell to my knees....

"I am yours, Master...."

I kneeled before him...

"...make me whole again."
"Yippie!!", I heard Mxy, "I love my new brother!"

(Thanoseid)

"I will take you under my wing, you will become like me, you will help me gain the last 2 infinity gems, and when i get them, we will take over the world together, but first we will have a mision...the one they call Iron Lantern, we must come up with a plan to stop him."

He nooods at me.

"What are your ideas...and before you speek...Mxy."

"Yes Master...i mean Masters"

"Go get me and my new partner...SIGMA a glass of water."

"Your the boss...es" Mxy said as he started to go.

"So Sigma, what are your ideas of this, Iron Lantern. I say we find out who this Iron Lantern is first. And then we attack his heart. If I put you up to the next time I see him out, I will send you after him, don't attack at first, but follow him and don't let him know you are there. Find out who he really is and then we will go for the kill."

spartin2008 said:
(Thanoseid)

"I will take you under my wing, you will become like me, you will help me gain the last 2 infinity gems, and when i get them, we will take over the world together, but first we will have a mision...the one they call Iron Lantern, we must come up with a plan to stop him."

He nooods at me.

"What are your ideas...and before you speek...Mxy."

"Yes Master...i mean Masters"

"Go get me and my new partner...SIGMA a glass of water."

"Your the boss...es" Mxy said as he started to go.

"So Sigma, what are your ideas of this, Iron Lantern. I say we find out who this Iron Lantern is first. And then we attack his heart. If I put you up to the next time I see him out, I will send you after him, don't attack at first, but follow him and don't let him know you are there. Find out who he really is and then we will go for the kill."
"What manner of creature is this 'Iron Lantern'?", Said I still on one knee,"Be he a warrior whom we can draw out in a battle of honour, or a protector who will not be easily provoked to attack?"

I walk over to the elevator and press the 52 and the doors close as the button lights up. The door opens at my destination and I am met with a large steel door. I step up to it and it scans my vital signs as well as DNA and unlocks after it confirms I am who I am. I walk through and it seals behind me. My computers sit on a desk along the back wall and various other machines fill the room. To my left is a Cryo-Chamber, used for the preservation of specimens by using cryogenics to freeze them and maintain their genetic integrity. To my right is a sink and clean up station.

Along the far wall stand various other machines that make my work and research possible. Many of those machines exist because of the genius of Dr. Magnus, and a few are of my own design. What draws my attention, however, is the vial of blood left inside the transport tube. The transport tube runs through all levels of the building and is very much like those you see at the bank.

I reach over to the tube and pull the vial out of the canister.

This must be the sample of metamutant DNA I asked the doctor for, I mumble to myself.

I walk over to my microscope and use a dropper to take a sample of the blood and place it on a slide. I place the slide underneath the microscope and hook the microscope up to the computer monitors. The computers attached can show a three-dimensional model of the DNA structure of the creature based upon the view of the blood sample and determine a number of things. On one of the screens a large double helix is displayed, along with the amino acid orders that form the DNA. The other monitor displays different commands that may be executed to determine the exact difference between the human and metamutant DNA structures, or for that matter, the difference between any two DNA sequences. I isolate the individual strand of the metamutant DNA and use the computer’s Duplicate command.

One of the machines in the back of the room kicks on and makes a low whirring for a few minutes. When it grows quiet, I walk over to the machine, press the Eject button, and out pops a Petri dish of freshly synthesized metamutant DNA. I walk over to my lab table and sit down in front of my computer. I bring up a list of all known viruses and communicable diseases and one at a time synthesize a copy of them, as well as a copy of human DNA, to create a disease that will be resisted by one group and deadly to the other.

I spend hours on end analyzing and comparing the human DNA and metamutant DNA properties and their strengths and weaknesses when confronted with the diseases. After nearly 12 hours I finally find a solution to the problem. There in front of me sit two different strands.

The first strand completely ignores traditional human DNA and therefore leaves humans unaffected. It finds metamutant cells and attaches itself to them and burns out the mitochondria causing all kinds of internal horrors ranging from cellular starvation to dropping body temperature, to the point of death. This strand is highly contagious.

The second strand is meant to attack mere humans. Instead of burning out the mitochondria, this strand attacks the brain. It causes the cerebellum to deteriorate, leaving the victim immobile and disoriented; while at the same time attacking the hypothalamus causing blood pressure to sky rocket and give the victim a literally ‘insatiable’ appetite. This strand is not contagious so that I may choose who to exterminate and who will serve useful and is therefore allowed to live. This will be my secret weapon against those who decide to betray me.

I will call this disease…..the Legacy Virus. I will use it to exterminate the human legacy that is all that remains of who I was. It will be the end of the metamutants and the beginning of a new future. That new future; a world where only those I see to be fit will be allowed to live. This will be my legacy.

I save the information on the strands onto my hard drive and dispose of all of the samples by way of an incinerator in the corner of the room. I walk out of the laboratory and the doors lock and as I step onto the elevator, the floor seals itself off. I should go check on Magnus and our old creation. Perhaps he has made some headway in the past 12 hours or so. I press the B4 and the elevator begins to descend.

Olcanucklehead said:
I jump out of the manhole as it explodes around me. As I look over I see that green metal from earlier. He flyin right outa there as if it were nothin.

"Thanks for you help, i couldent have done that without you, perhaps in time...we will meat again."

Then he just flies off into the air. What the bad place? Somethins goin on in New Gotham, and I intend to figure out what! Green Metal lamp guys, a psycho Hyena wannabe in red spandex, what the bad place is goin? As I stand and dust myself off, I notice the crowd of people standin round where I put the Mayor, cops are everywhere! CRAP! They got there guns pointed at that weird chick I had call an ambulance. I jump from where I am onto a near by car and then flip through the air and land in front of the cop.

"She didn't hut anyone bub!"

"D-d-d-d-DARK CLAW! P-put your hands on your h-head! Your under....your..under..."

"Save it bub."

I slash my claws through his gun, and look him right in the eye.

"I'm one a the good guys bub, thats red sack o' psycho that just blew himself up down there, HE was the bad guy, and this little lady was just someone caught in the middle, GET IT RIGHT BUB!"

I look down at the Mayor, he all bandaged up, guess this chick took a few classes. But he won't make it unless we get an ambulance. I look back at the cop, he just stands there lookin at me. I look at his badge, says Gordon.

"Look officer Gordon, I need you to get an ambulance here right a way, if you don't the Mayor is gona die. Can you handel that? I'm trusting you!"

He looks back at me shocked and stunned.

"Y-ya, I-I'll call it in..........what are you gona do?"

"I'm gona make sure that other people keep their lives too."

I look back at the woman from earlier, dressed in a way that would get one bad place of a response if I weren't wearin a mask, and I say,

"Thank you ma'am, if it weren't fer you, he'd proly be dead."

"Yes, probably..." I mumble. Things seem so strange. There are men everywhere. I saved a man’s life, helped this costumed one. The women here seem to be like a second sex, second to the males. This is distressing and odd to me.

I take to the skies; they still hold a steady rumble of clouds in the background. From a height I follow the clawed man, who moves as silently as the wind

He disappears into a narrow gap between buildings and one of those polluting vehicles exits it, I assume with him inside. What are these people doing to our planet! I fly behind the vehicle, partly out of curiosity, partly because I believe this man to be one of honour. I know this is a ridiculous notion, that a man could have honour, but I believe him to be a warrior for good...in his own fashion anyway.

Men. They are a plague upon our earth, polluting it with their greed and their violence and their vehicles. But for now, I am in different land, with different customs, and I must swallow my hatred and try to be civil to the uncivilised.

WOO-HOO!!!

I am in a lush meadow! There are beakers and computers as far as the eye can see! I'm the most smartest most successful businessman/scientist/astronaut/underwear model/Athlete in the whole wide world! At least that's what Jessica Alba, Britney Spears, and Angelina Jolie told me while we are In the scene of the violent manslaughter that took place yesterday by a costumed maniac. More on this after these messages

Messages? Manslaughter? Wha..?

Oh, man, it's the stupid alarm clock! Right when my deepest fantazies were being fulfilled! That's just great! Well, I'm not getting up, and nothing in the world can...."You can't fool me with the old 'I'm really sleeping trick', I invented that! Now, git! Or I'll unleash the unholy terror of a retired man who can't watch his 'Jerry Springer' in the morning!"

*Sigh*
Uncle Ben, always so sincere. Well I beter do as he says class should start in...20 MINUTES!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! I'll be late for my entrepreneur lecture!! Gotta hussle!

I trip as I make my way to the bathroom, I eat as I brush and I brush as I shower and I shower as I dress. I zoom by uncle Ben and he has the nerves to tell me "April Fools!!" and he laughed like a hyena! I was puzzled for a good two minutes, then I used my superior intellect to deduce the cruel master plan of his. That and I noticed that my alarm clock was going two hours fast. Man, that really pisses me off! Every damn April 1st he does the exact same joke and I fall for it every damn single time. I was already dressed so I decided to go anyway, I stopped by my uncle and asked "Do you have to do that every year?". He smiled and said "C'mon, Teddy-boy. I got the power to fool ya, so I have a responsibility to use it. With great power comes great responsibility, y'know. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA *Cough HAck Spit*"

So I left happy and mad at the same time. There's too much on my time between school, my web comic, and my almost non-existent social life. But that don't mean that ol' Ben has it easy. I'm glad he's happy again. I haven't seen him laugh like this on the other days of the year, not since Aunt May left him. I guess she now prefers Ms. May Hopkins, I still can't believe she actually left him. They had a story book marrige, whatever could come between that?

Where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself. my name is Theodore Parker III, not because my dad was called Theodore jr but because I was he third Theodore in the Parker family. Wierd, huh? I was living with my Uncle Ben and Aunt May for almost all my life. I'm an Orphan, see, my Dad and Mum were spies or something who were dishonourably discharged for treason. I don't know if it's true or not, But I'd rather not find out. I barely know them as it is.

Any way, I'm a student at New Gotham's pride and joy, Empire University, studying Business. I want to become the next Harold Stark, but don't we all? You do want that, too, don't you? Am I the only one? Oh, well that's another reaso my life was bad place. I didn't get well with other people, I'm always too shy to meet new people and I subconciously put barriers to prevent the ones I know from getting closer. I thought the fact that I know this would stop my introvert personality, but hey, we can't be Elvis if we think about it really hard.

Augh! look at all the destruction that maniac committed. Thanks for my non-existent social life, I was spared a gruesome death out there. How sad is that?

Anyways, it's very early and class won't start for another 90 minutes. I should swing by the physics lab and see what they're up to, I've always loved science and stuff. But Scientific knowledge ain't enough if I want to be the next Harold Stark.

I see one of my not-so-close friends coming my way, I wave hi to him and he waves me to come along. I go to him and he asks "Ted, man, got a minute?"

"Sure, Stan, what is it?"

"Bill didn't come today, and we need someone to calibrate the pressure in the chambre. Can you get in a contamination suit and help us out for a minute?"

"Sure. Can't think of anytging else to do." I said truthfully.

My job was easy, boring and crucial to the safety of the entire campus. So no biggie. All I have to do is make sure the pressure inside the rods doesn't get too high or too low.

Suddenly, Bert shouted out from acroos the room "Hey! There's something in here... A SPIDER!!! The stupid little $@#$ been sleeping here for some time now!". Bert always had the most colourful way to put his words in; and by "always" I mean the few hours I see him in a week. Stan said, cutting ascythe into my thoughts, "We can't let it get out of this room. We gotta kill it before it contaminate the whole Campus! HEY! The Little $#@$ jumbed! Careful Ted! He's on your Hand! Don't move!" But the warning was too late, I was startled by the spider's touch that I shook it off instinctively.

That when it bit me! It bit me right through the Thick Insulation of the Containment suit!!!

Unbelieveable!!!!

The blinding pain was so Agonizing! I felt fire in my viens! But it stopped as aburptly as it started.

"Hey, man, You Ok?", Said Stan.

"I-I think so...I need to lie down for a minute.."

"You should go home, Ted. I'll make sure Sally copies her enterpenuer class notes for you."

" 'ppreciate it!" I said groggly as I staggered home.

I reached my house and I felt Uncle's eyes staring at me from his favourite La-z-boy, surprised to see me home. But he didn't say a word, he knew whatever brought me back is bad enough to make me miss class.

As soon as I came into my room I felt a splitting headache! Like a thousands alarm bells going off...Ringing... no, TINGLING!!! I noticed it gets louder and harde every time I go closer to that wierd Blue Scareb my Uncle gave me. I know he was an archaeologist before he retired so I always wondered if it was the real deal.

Can't think of that now, I gotta rest for a while.....

I've seen many things. I spy, I watch, I hide. I have no influence on the world, this being a result of my lack of purpose. My lack of motivation. My lack of life. So I do what any ghost would do in this situation. I observe. I've learned many things while observing. In fact, if there is one thing in this world that finally redeemed me, it was my understanding of myself through the observation of others. Whether I am watching flying women in their underpants or spying on a crazy man dressed in red fighting another man with claws for hands, I am always learning.

You see, my story doesn't end with me lost and alone without reason for existance, in fact my story has not even come to an end. Through my keen sence of observation and ability to keep out of harms way I have learning a few things. Where there are heroes, there are villians. And underneath all of this corruption there is still goodness out there. If there was not balance than chaos would rule and I know that the world has not reached chaos. But there are exceptions. I have said it once and I will say it again...

Heroes are too sparse in these times. Corruption has not become chaos, but corruption is still dominating. Goodness is fading, not fast and not noticably, but fading nonetheless. It's always been that way. From before the death of christ man has feared corruption, and because of their fear, embraced it. There is no way to prevent this of course, that much I am sure about, however a breed of people we call heroes can help. One side must be right though. For a long time I wondered whether the evil ones, who of course had faith in what they were doing, thought of goodness as a sort of evil. To them weren't they the ones who were right?

Wrong. Evil is evil. Motivation cannot change that. The creation of suffering is of course the side of evil and it took me time to realize that.

So what now? I am evil, it is very apparent, yet I am at the same time on the side of good. Split between two opposites. At first my answer for this was to take neither, stay neutral, but I knew that would never do. If anything I would go mad with boredom. So a decision had to be make. Do I give in? Take the side of evil like the demon I am or do I control myself and try to do some good for the world? A question so simple, yet so impossibly complicated. I was torn. I hate the world for what it has done, I hate the corrupt that ruined me and most of all I hate what I have become. And that was the answer.

The answer to my question came swiftly with a dawning I had avoided. It was simple and came in the understanding of myself. What am I? After all if I knew what I was, what I was capable of then I could decide whether I was worthy of either alliance.

A mirror was my answer. It was a mirror.

It was the first time I took a good look at my face. I don't know what I was getting at, I had almost given up. It is at the moment of defeat that we embrace it. I decided to face what I feared the most. Myself. I knew almost instantly what I was, what I must do, and how I should go about it. See, I didn't know what to expect. So I took it all in. Wow, what a surprise it was.

What did I see? I saw the face of death. I saw burning flames of hate. I saw a menacing demon. But none of this concerned me, because what I saw that day changed me forever...I saw colour. It seems strange to me now that I never saw it before. I had always looked at the world as good and evil. Black and white. But when I looked into my own eyes I saw red, I saw yellow, I saw blue, and I saw retribution. To be good is to love, to be evil is to hate, but to be red, yellow and blue. Well, that was a direction I had never looked.

With purpose I was unstopable. I would bring love by means of hate. I would give hope by bringing fear. I would bring good by being evil. I was a demon all right. A demon and I loved it. I hated it. Most of all, I embraced it and that gave me a power that no power, not even the ones I would soon learn I had, could match. This was a world of colour and I was going to burn it down. Burn it right to salvation. There was nobody to stop me.

Well, you can't be right about everything I guess...

blah said:
"What manner of creature is this 'Iron Lantern'?", Said I still on one knee,"Be he a warrior whom we can draw out in a battle of honour, or a protector who will not be easily provoked to attack?"

(Thanoseid)

"From what I have seen, he is a protector. Thats way I say we sneek around so he does not know that we know who he is. If you have a plan, give me your input now."

spartin2008 said:
(Thanoseid)

"From what I have seen, he is a protector. Thats way I say we sneek around so he does not know that we know who he is. If you have a plan, give me your input now."
"As you wish, Master. I have acquired telepathic powers from my hundered-odd telepathic challengers, but for it to work perfectly I'll need a willing host. Therefore I suggest you send this snivelling imp, Mxy, to Earth, and I will control and track his progress via the powerful mind link that I'll adminester."

blah said:
"As you wish, Master. I have acquired telepathic powers from my hundered-odd telepathic challengers, but for it to work perfectly I'll need a willing host. Therefore I suggest you send this snivelling imp, Mxy, to Earth, and I will control and track his progress via the powerful mind link that I'll adminester."

(Thanoseid)

"I do trust you Sigma, but do you expect me to trust a blumbering idiot like Mxy, he's good for getting us water and food, but I dont know if his little brain could handle it."

spartin2008 said:
(Thanoseid)

"I do trust you Sigma, but do you expect me to trust a blumbering idiot like Mxy, he's good for getting us water and food, but I dont know if his little brain could handle it."
"Me niether, Sire. That's why I will control his every move. He will be merely a puppet under the control of your most humble puppet Sigma."

blah said:
"Me niether, Sire. That's why I will control his every move. He will be merely a puppet under the control of your most humble puppet Sigma."

(Thanoseid)

"Very well, you are my most trusted and powerful ally. Mxy."

I yell for him still in another room.

"Come in here, we have a mision for you."

"Sure Bosses"

I sat and listend as Sigma filled him in, and made him think that he was not as useless as he was.

"A spot of tea, Guv'nor?"

"Uh... no, Mxy...thanks. I want you to help me with something...help us with something."

"Whatever you say, luv. Take me, I'm yours"

"Mxy, focus! I need to get inside your brain and build a link between us. Something in both our minds that can never be shattered. You will know and feel everything I know and feel, and I will feel and know everything you feel and know"

"L-like brothers?", His eyes watered.

"Yes, Mxy. Like brothers."

" I had a brother, once."

I-I couldn't help my curiosity, it comes from all the feline fighters I conquered.

"Really? How was he?"

"I don't know..." He cried in my arms.

The poor whelp. I once felt this alone when I was but a mere child slave by the name of Em-Ghan-El.

"Fear not...brother. You shall be alone no more"

I meditated to start-up the linking process. This new revelation have made our souls synched and ready for the mind link. It will be easier than I expected. The All-powerfull Thanoseid will be most pleased.

I entered his mind and, just as I expected, it was a chaos myriad of colours and shapes. But I followed the etherial trace of Mxy soul that I got a whiff of in my physical form. It led me to a sphere of blinding light, Mxy's soul is inside.

"Mxy?", I said, "It's me. Open up for your kin."

He slowely came out of his shell, he took one look at me and screamed bloody murder.

"What's wrong, Mxy?", I implored, "It's me. Your soul brother."

"You are not the soul I connected with! Who are you?"

Of course, how silly of me. Em-Ghan-El is the one who connected with Mxy, not Sigma. I'll leave that aspect of my soul here with him.

"Mxy? It's me."

Mxy came out again.

"It's really you! BROTHER! Let's play Patty-cake!"

"Anything you want, brother."

I cam out of my trance, I addressed my Master

"It is done. He is under my direct control, and under you indirect law."

I woke up three hours later with a wierd urge, I wanted to draw something for my web comic. But not my regular funny adventures of Toto and Butch, which is about a dog and a bull who criticize pop culture, I wanted to draw a superhero adventure. Sure, I used to draw superheroes before: Batman, Captain America, Black Fox, etc.
I drew the first story in record time, it was about a hero who acquired spider powers from a radioactive spider bit and became a wrestler...wait a minute... I was bitten by a radioactive spider!
Is it just wishful thinking or is it the premention of fate? Why does my hand feels so sweaty? And what's this paper I'm crumpling in it? That ain't paper, it's my all-steal paper weight! What the bad place is going on here? I gotta get out of here, get some fresh air. Something tells me to leave this room, the "tingling" is starting up again.

I went down the stairs and past uncle Ben
"Theodore, if you're going out could you get the..."
I didn't bother to listen or respond I just went out the door.

"Crazy kid! Fine! I'll get my own milk! He won't get one lick of it, too!"

I walk down the quite streets of Queens, they usually help me think. I wandered of the sidewalk and into the street, I heard the honking of a late husband's car behined me ages after I sensed the "tingling in my brains. But the same tingling that warned me of danger was too loud for me to act. The car was closing in fast, so I used instincts I never knew I had. I jumped! I jumped thirty feet in the air over the car!!

What The bad place is going on here?!?!?

I twisted my ankles on the landing, but it was alright after a few minutes.

I think I got Spider powers, just like my character!
I ran to my house, but it seems that i forgot to take my keys with me. I stopped myself from knocking on the door when I spotted an open window where my room should be.

I wonder...

I did it! I'm climbing the wall! This is so messed up! But it's real, I can feel it!

I got inside my room and started finding some clothes. a hoodie, a ski mask, jeans and sneakers. I'll look just like my character Spider-fighter! Wouldn't that be cool? I heard that crusher creel, the profesional wrestler, will challange anyone to survive three minutes in the ring with him for $500. The money ain't much, but it'll cover some of my expenses and launch my wrestling career.

Watch out, World! Here I come!

Tell me, what happens you try lighting a fire with a single spark? Now, imagine what would happen when you tried lighting that fire with out even that single one? That was how I was. I was cold, fireless and sincerely deprived of spark. With a new motivation how ever, the fire was as good as burning. There was just one problem. You can have a single spark or an entire armeggedon, unless you have some tinder, that fire will just die away. This is the predicament I immediately found myself in.

I was armed with drive but what else was I armed with? It dawned upon me that I had no idea. I've made a deal with the devil, he better keep his side of the bargain. In this day and age over half of the freaking country has some sort of super powers, what did I posses? What sort of freak ability did I now get to call my own? I had no idea. No idea of how of what they are, not that it mattered, even if I did, I had no idea of how to use them. Well, what kind of powers do you think a demon would use? Perhaps I could eat souls, look at me for god sakes...
SpeedDemon_CA.gif

No, what I need now is a good pile of leaves to get this fire started. A test run you could say. I will apollogize for the pun now, after all, I didn't know at the time. Anyways, what to do? I decided to keep it small. Just try stopping a few petty theives and then I can see what this shell is capable of. I'll just hide out and when a moment arises, pop out and stop them.

You know, for a city with a reputation for crime like New York, you would think that finding a few petty thieves would be a little easier. I sat on a stake out for a good 4 hours before I saw a thing. It really didn't matter to me, the concept of time was nearly irrelavent. I could wait for as long as it took. Although I did not favor the daytime, not for the light, it made no sincere difference, it was just the tone my surroundings. Night seemed more fit for a demon. It was one of the few comforts I still possesed.

So I sat waiting in the middle of an alley. The stench of puke and urine was avid. Did I ever mention my lingering indifference for most things? So I sat there. An old homeless man was passed out across the other side against the wall. Drunk, hungry, cold, lost, alone, hopeless, useless. Some would say he has wasted his life. I say the only thing he has been wasting thus far is the air. I have no sympathy for those who decline the chance of life. None at all. It's just greedy laziness. No, let him rot. He only stirred once in the entire time I sat there. He looked right at me. Staring, he opened his mouth to speak, mumbled for a second and just seemed to pass out again. I didn't bother with any reaction I just kept watching. Waiting.

He was a small scruffy looking man. Large choppy stubble across his face. Short hair, unkempt and brown. Dark skin, dark eyes, a dark look. Judging by the quality of his upkeep, he probably lives in a small apartment by himself. Not much luck with women, he's nice enough, just has a strange aura about the man. Works the weekends. Delivery boy. He more than likely keeps his own. Not so bad. Likes music. Judging by his attire, probably jazz. Could be anything though really. When he was in school he wanted to be a writer. Liked to read. Horror stories mostly. His class of choice was english. His weapon of choice was a crowbar. Seemed a little crude for his style but he didn't look too un-natural wearing it. It wasn't of his choice that he took the job delivering crack every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It wasn't his choice that he kills undeserving stragglers to pay the bills. Surprisingly it was probably the fault of his parents. His father died in a gang fight when he was twelve, his mother sold him drugs until he was 17. But that's the way of the world, you get all kinds of people.

I can't express true horror with words. The look of oncoming death in the face of a 67 year old women pretty much summed it up for me. The crowbar made a good thwack upon impact. Red blood trickled down the back of her head as she fell forwards. To this day I can't exactly explain the reason I let this fate take it's course, I could have stopped him. My curiousity got the best of me. You don't spend a good long time observing just to pass up the a winning ticket to the lottery. It was a moment I will remember vividly for a good long time. I will never forget it. Not because of how he acted in killing the old lady, but because of the events that surpassed next.

I never really got used to it. I can't help it though, it's like my thoughts just go through a filter, changing them. It was my first "Power". I call it my curse. I thought it was especially awkward that first time though. However, it did the job, this murderer didn't find it so distracting. He was so paralized with fear the moment he saw me, nothing following made a difference. I was faced with a killer, I would bring him redemption, I may as well be the messenger. "I am afraid that you are going to be punished you sack of ****, it's it time for vengeance," that's what I was going to tell him. Words can make a big impact on a person, especially when they are questioning whether they are on the cusp of death.

"I am not going to lie,
A murderers about to die.
Aside your fear, remove your fright,
Vengeance comes and lives tonight.
"

I know, it shocked me too. What a great power this demon has granted me. The ability to recite nursery rhymes on a whim. I hated it then but I assure you, it does the trick. A man who hears the voice of his death scares him more than you could imagine, but to hear it in such an organized fashion is too much for them to handle. There was nothing I could do about it anyways, it was a part of me, always will be.

AmericanAce-MarvelMysteryComics2.gif
"Oh god no....Are you going to kill me?" He was studdering, shaking and cold. He was not expecting this. He was just trying to make his way. There was no comfort to offer him. This man was scum.

"Your death will come, I wish it quick.
Although the truth will make you sick.
"

All I tried to say was yes. It seems the evil in me has a much larger say in the way it comes out though. Although it doesn't matter. Nothing ever does. The man died. I broke his neck, but not before I assured him of it. His name was Danny Ketch. Nice name. Shame he longer owns it.

So I set off. I didn't learn much that would come in use, at least conventionally. Appearance and accent would bring about fear which I can't stress enough, is the ultimate weapon, other than that though I wasn't even fired up yet. Colour was a beautiful thing, the only thing I can admit to enjoying, and the flames of vengeance were not even ready to ignite yet. Let's go find me some fodder.

"I'm Crusher Creel, And I'ma gonna CRUSH you good! C'mon and fight me, ya pansies! I can take any one o' ya! C'MON!!!"

Shouted the barbarian on top of a corner's pole, I absolutely have no idea what the actual term for the thing is. Maybe this is a bad idea...
What are ya? Chicken?
I'm not a chicken! No one will call me a chicken, a wuss, a geek, Zero-Social-life freak or anything like that ever again! D'yo hear me! I have the power!
Attaboy! Now go up there and beat that guy!
You got it! Wait...who am I talking to? AAh, who cares? He's telling me what I want to hear, and that's all that matters. Damn straight!
Damn Straight, indeed!

I put on my Ski mask and the hood over my face and leapt onto the ring. Crusher looked pleased he eloquently addressed me by saying "Who the $%# are you? The @$^%ing pansy king? HAHAHAHAHA!"
Yeah. Laugh it up, moron.

"Don't you know who the %@$% I am? I'm Crusher Creel you sonnuva $%#%! I bet you're even lighter than my ball and chain! Here, catch!

He threw his trademark Ball & chain right at me. They say he was an ex-con, and he dragged this thing out with him when he escaped. But I highly doubt that, do they even use these things anymore? Focus, dude! Fast ball at 12 o'clock! There's that voice again, but this time it comes with that buzz that used to give me headaches. Now it's just a minor annoyance. Anyhoo, I gotta concentrate here. I gave that ball a hard smack with my backhand, and whaddya know? It was a real metal ball and chains! I thought it was a prop!
"Hey! I thought wrestling was fake!"

"Jus' because the fight is scripted don' make it fake...oops! Look what you made me say, you Mutha$%#$er!"

That's when I got good and pissed.
"Take. That. Back." Giv'em bad place boy!

"Whatsa matter, Mamma's boy? You miss yer mamma already? Don' worry, I'ma gonna tell her you'se love her; after I show her What a real man c'n offer. HAHAHHAHAHAHHA"

Don't just stand there, do something!

I jumped at Crusher, taking him totally by surprise. He launched his devestating right-hand hook right at my face, but I somersaulted over it and gave him a taste of my sneakers. The crowed went crazy! They've never seen anyone dumb enough to tackle Creel, let alone knock him out with one move! The ref counted to ten and signalled my victory. Now to get my money and get outta of here.

"Look, pal. I don't know what yer game is, but I ain't givin' the prize money to no drugged up freak. Y'hear me?"

"What? I won fair and square!"

"'Fair and square' my hairy ash! Yer a mutie or sumptin', there ain't no way you can beat Creel that fast. Now get outta here before I call security!"

Stand up for yourself, man! you gotta fight for your money! you earned it!

Actually, I won because I had powers. That's not really fair. My Uncle always says that with Great power, comes grea...

Forget your uncle! In this wretched life, you gotta have a competitive business advantage! I mean how cool would your powers be on a resume? You could make millions!

It wouldn't be honest, though.

"Stop, Thief! You, sir, stop that man! If he gets to the elevator, there ain't no chance we'll catch him!"

That shout snapped reality into focus. I was involuntarily heading for the elevator, when this foot chase started behined me. It looks like someone stole the money from that greedy manager and is now making a run for it. I should do something. Screw That! The fat bastard deserved what's coming to him. Let this guy pass, he's a brother. But...that ain't right, is it? Of course it is. Jus lissen to me, and I'll take you to the top of the world. All you have to do is let this guy go.

So I let him go past me.

"Why didn't you stop him? You didnt even had to hold him, just trip him or something. What'sa matter with you?"

Look at this bastard, he screwed up and he's taking it out on you.

Bastard.

"Look, man, if you've done your job right, he wouldn't even take the money in the first place. It ain't my job, it's yours! I'm only looking out for me, myself, and I."

I expected to get an angry response, but the guard's face softened up.

"Oh, yeah? See where that takes you."

He left.

What the $#^% does that mean?

Who cares i'm going home.

I took off the ski mask and started walking home. When I found a crowd gathering around the "friendly neighbourhood convenience store"; yeah I know, corny name. I went there to see what happens, it looks like a robbery. Man, twice in one night?
I looked for the owner, Pavitr Prabhakar, to ask him what's up. But then I found the dead body of a familiar figure lying on the floor and dressed in pink stripped robe. Hehe, only one guy in the whole tri-city area has that kind of robe....UNCLE BEN!!

Oh My God!! Who did this to you! Why!
"WHY!

"Mr. Theodore, Please take it easy. I'm much sorry for your uncle. Please stay here for police to come. I'm very, very sorry. Mr. Ben was a very good friend. Very , very, good friend." Said Mr. Prabhakar, he was a very nice guy. I used to buy candy and the latest comic books from him. He always reserved me a copy. "Thanks, Mr. Praphakar. That means a lot for me."

FIFTEEN FRIGGIN' MINUTES! Worthless cops. The cop finally came, did the stuff they do in CSI, Law and Order, and any other crap cop show or movie out there; I never expected to see it for real and under these cicumstances.

Pavitr Praphakar told the cops how a "crazy person" came in the store, demanded the cash in the register. Uncle Ben was here buying milk, he tried to be a hero and paid for it. The bastard stole his wallet and ran.

I asked officer Gordon if he knew where he went. His face softened for a bit; he just went through the biggest massacre in the History of New Gotham, but street crimes still hurts him. I guess that happens when you become a cop, you change into an empath.

"Well, son. We believe he's holed up in a warehouse down by peir 12. It's only a matter of time. Justice will be served, believe in that m'boy."

Yes. Justice will be served indeed.

I execused myself and put my ski mask back on. I climbed a nearby wall in an alley, and started jmping rooftops. Man this is so fun, I jump over this roof to the next one belowWATCH OUTHuh?

There are no buildings infront of me! I wasn't paying attention, and now I'm falling! You idiot, use your webs! My What?!!?

Before I knew it I instinctively raised my hands, did a rocker rebellion sign with my hands. I felt a something that resembles a vein in my palms, ew! When I squeezed it, a gooey line shot out from my writs and onto the building across the way, uh gross! Quit whining! I just saved your life, you ingrate! Cool! I don't have to pay bus fare anymore, I'll web-swing my way around town. Yeah I know, a stupid name.

I reached peir 12 in record time, the police were surrounding the area in full SWAT gear. All this for a burgular. But this ain't no ordinary burgular, A rocket shot out of a second floor window an hit a squad car. It burned like coal on a barbecue! Those cops aren't equipped to handle this guy, not without casualties at least. You have the power, kid. You can do something about this. Damn right I can!

I shot a web to a second floor window on the other side, I'm getting pretty good at this! I was inside, but the floor creaked bloody murder under my feet. No problem, I'll just climb the walls. It's fun being a spider, isn't it? You got that right, whoever you are. I can hear the murderer's rant from here.

"Oh man, Oh man, Oh man! I'm $#%#ed up! They gonna get me, then he's gonna get me!"

"You got that right, punk" I was standing right over his head at the time. I couldn't see his face in the darkness, but I must have scared the living excerement out of him. Good. He deserves every bit of it. He tried to aim an advanced and compact Rocket Launcher at me, where did he get that? Who cares? I webbed it up and gave it a yank. The Rocket launcher was in my hand.

"See this?", I gestured with the weapon before shattering it to bits in my hand, " They'll be lucky if they find your remains as good as your little toy here, murderer."

He started to turn and run, but I jumped ahead of him and started pummelin him. Yes, That's good! Do it, Ted! Give him Justice! Then suddenly the police flashed a spot light right on us. I was finally able to see the face of my uncle's killer....

It can't be...

It's the guy who stole from that greedy manager! My so called brother! I-I can't believe this... *SOB*

"This is Officer Gordon of NGPD! Come out with your hands up! We have the place surrounded!"

Oh my..Snap out of it! They ain't got the place surrounded from the roof! Go! Go!

The way back home is fuzzy, I guess those are my tears. I jumped into my bedroom's window, and cried on my pillow. I can't believe that Uncle Ben is dead. RUN, YOU FOOL! THERE'S DANGER HERE!

and that's when I noticed the Blue Scareb moving...

I'm a drinker. Not an alcoholic. If you had seen your family blown to bits in front of your eyes, you'd drink too.

Still it's weird to smash a bottle of scotch over someones face. Damn waste.

I pull out a hand gun from my belt, and hold it to the guys head... I've killed a lot of people with this gun. Saved lives too.

I remember, the bastards had taken Hostages. I was never one for waiting for some huge tactical plan. I like to go in guns blazing. Man i pulled off the James Bond sh** that night. Got in, planet a bullet in each of their heads and got my guys out. That's what my job was about. Saving lives.

It's what it's still about. Doesn't matter which way you look at it, the less of these piles of human waste on the street, the happier people will be. I push the gun into the fat guys stomach, he's pouring with sweat. Eyes wide open in terror. Its a wonderful thing.

"White Whale. When's he coming?"

I've heard about this drug dealer, crime boss guy coming to New Gotham. Another thug who'll peddle out drugs to the young and stupid. They'll die, their families lives will be over...

Thats that.

The guy talks. At least tells me everything I need to know.

"so you can let me go now??"

I smile grimly at him.

"You're not a nice guy. You've killed people, innocent people. Give me three reasons I shouldn't kill you?"

"I... I can keep you up to date... I know everyone man, I can be your grass"

I punch him in the face, the cuts already on his face gush even more blood.

"Fair enough." I punch him in the stomach and he slides against the wall, a heap sitting on the floor.

"Remember though lard lad... I can find you any time. If you f**k with me."

I put my fingers to my head...

"Bang"

I get up, and walk to the door of his room.

"I'll be in touch"

I have brought justice to many petty theives and ruthless thugs in my days. 1266 to be exact. I remember each of them well. I can recite their names, remember their faces and even the remember each of their last words. So much injustice in the world leaves a lot of room to learn. I have learned a lot from each one of them. I always pay perfectly careful attention to every detail I can find. Some would say this is a trivial idea but you would be surprised with what you can find out about anything, just by looking. A few incidents with these ruffians has stayed with me more vividly than others, these being the ones that I learned something exceptionally interesting. The first real account of something happened about a week after my first.

His name was Jeffery Hallord. He was wanted in four states. Accounts of larsony and murder had him waranted for arrest. It's surprising how easy it is to just fade away.

I often hear about men who are wanted. I never look for them. After all, chances are they know of the risk they have staying where they are, so they flee causing virtually no trouble in these cases. Aside from that fact, it really doesn't concern me. There is enough criminals on one street that I have no need to really move.

I do move around from time to time though. Boredom really. New york is only so exciting for so long. I've been to Detroit, Seattle, Chicago, even a few cities in Florida. All the big crime areas. They're all the same. The same boring ghetto's, the same boring people, the same boring criminals, the same boring suffering. I won't try to hide the fact, I enjoy what I do. In further so, the bigger of the challenge, the more exciting it is. Although it wasn't until around 100 little guys before I stepped up on to these super freaks.

This guy Jeffery was one. A mutant they call them. They're all freaks to me, but a mutant would suffice. Of course I didn't know that at first. I didn't even know who he was until I finally took the man down. I saw a shady looking man with that look I see so often in people on his face. I new he was up to something. Just by the way he moved, by the way he breathed. Just by the pace of his heart. He looked as if he was about to do something big. What could it be I wondered? We're in the middle of Los Angelas, there is nothing but hookers and pawn shops...

There was this one building. At a glance it looked like any old shop. There was an old broken down sign out front that said used items. There were no other words that I was able to make out. The place was apparently abandoned. There was just something about it that just didn't fit right. The whole are was a dump, broken abandoned buildings every which way, there was just something different about this place. Looking carefully, I figured it out. Every building in this area was made of brick. The red of the bricks has faded into an ugly brown but you could tell that they were once quite nice. This building however, was made of stone. Little things. They often seem so meaningless.

Whether I knew what this signified or not, I was about to find out. Carefully checking for passerby's, the man walked up to the front door and knocked. With no answer he brought up a disgruntled look onto his face. Curious he should knock on an abandoned buildings door. Not taking no for an answer, he kicked open the door, closing the door after stepping in.

I have yet to meet the man who had lived in there before me, the one who this guy was looking for. It was a little run down but for the most part it wasn't bad. A typical living area for a person. A bathroom, a small kitchen, the front where a store had once been was large, torn up couches a number of tables and a bunch of junk sat there. I never moved the stuff after moving in, it gave the a place a nice roomy feeling. Every time I hear a noise while sitting there watching tv, I expect a homesick owner to walk through the door, carrying some food in. But nothing.

I almost destroyed it that day. I've fixed it up now, but then it was in an uproar. Whatever, it's my home now.

I snuck inside through a back door and hid in a back room behind a busted up shelf. The man was searching through everything. He was quite determined to find some sort of object that no longer was there. Tired of waiting, I walked up to man. I was going to break his neck. It seemed the most efficient way so far. I tried beating one man to death with blows to the head but in the end it was just not enough. I ripped out another mans heart. I made him watch it as he lost his life. I cant stop myself sometimes, torture is just my nature. This far into the game I hadn't perfected the art of torture yet. I missing key ingredients.

I had always just assumed myself to feel no pain by this point. Well, to feel pain is one thing, but to relearn it was another. A sledge hammer to the face was what I received. I didn't even see it coming. I thought he was hiding it.

They called him arsenal. Not very original. There was probably a number of freaks with the same name. A strange mutant power to morph a number of weapons out of his hands. I assumed he also obtained super human strength as well becuase a blow to the head that hard had to come from somewhere.

By the time I got up he was weilding dual swords. I assumed it was time to teach this boy a little about safety.

blah said:

"A spot of tea, Guv'nor?"

"Uh... no, Mxy...thanks. I want you to help me with something...help us with something."

"Whatever you say, luv. Take me, I'm yours"

"Mxy, focus! I need to get inside your brain and build a link between us. Something in both our minds that can never be shattered. You will know and feel everything I know and feel, and I will feel and know everything you feel and know"

"L-like brothers?", His eyes watered.

"Yes, Mxy. Like brothers."

" I had a brother, once."

I-I couldn't help my curiosity, it comes from all the feline fighters I conquered.

"Really? How was he?"

"I don't know..." He cried in my arms.

The poor whelp. I once felt this alone when I was but a mere child slave by the name of Em-Ghan-El.

"Fear not...brother. You shall be alone no more"

I meditated to start-up the linking process. This new revelation have made our souls synched and ready for the mind link. It will be easier than I expected. The All-powerfull Thanoseid will be most pleased.

I entered his mind and, just as I expected, it was a chaos myriad of colours and shapes. But I followed the etherial trace of Mxy soul that I got a whiff of in my physical form. It led me to a sphere of blinding light, Mxy's soul is inside.

"Mxy?", I said, "It's me. Open up for your kin."

He slowely came out of his shell, he took one look at me and screamed bloody murder.

"What's wrong, Mxy?", I implored, "It's me. Your soul brother."

"You are not the soul I connected with! Who are you?"

Of course, how silly of me. Em-Ghan-El is the one who connected with Mxy, not Sigma. I'll leave that aspect of my soul here with him.

"Mxy? It's me."

Mxy came out again.

"It's really you! BROTHER! Let's play Patty-cake!"

"Anything you want, brother."

I cam out of my trance, I addressed my Master

"It is done. He is under my direct control, and under you indirect law."

(Thanoseid)

"Good work Sigma..and I did'nt think you had it in you. Now in time I want you to make a diversion to pull the Iron Lantern or any other mutant out of there hole...we will soon take over the mutants and then the world...we will need a grand army and if someone does not join us...we can use what we will know about them...against them."

"I am honoured to be by your side, Lord Thanoseid."

Ok, Teddy. Just Chillax, 'k?
It's just an ugly blue bug crawling up my bed, nothing out of the ordinary.Actually, Scarabs aren't bugs, we are from the Scarabaeidae family. Also you've been spelling my name wrong in all of your thoughts. It's Scarab, not scareb. Learn your English dolt!

"Look, pal! I don't know who or what you are, but nobodyintudes on my thoughts and make fun of my spelling. Especially if it's in mind!"
You're right, I apologise. I have not come here to argue, I want to warn you from a great danger. Don't trust him, kid! He's trying to fool you, and plunge you into the stygian deep. Oh give it up, spider. Don't you know when you've been beaten? No, because I was never beaten. I was cheated, that's what you always do. Whatever you guys doin' in here, take it outside! NOW! You're giving me a migrane. Help me, Teddy! This liar wants to destroy us! Me? A liar? How dare you?

I felt a breif, but searing pain in my head for just a second. Then there was only the voice of the scarab. What did you do to him? Don't worry, I just silenced the Spider for us to have a little chat. Wait, the Spider? The same one that bit me? How did it get under my skin? It's not the physical spider that got in your brain, it's the Spider totem. The paranormal spirit of the Animals is all around us and sometime it's in us. The many metaphors and denotations concerning the animal kingdom are not arbitrary as one might think. They actually come from the interaction between a Human Spirit and an Animal Totem. This interaction occurs from various reasons, and there's no known rule to it. Why did you drive the Spider away? Why did you go to all this trouble to talk to me privately?........ The Spider lies, Ted. All the time. Always. You'd think he'll lead you down the path of righteousness, but in truth he'll lead you down the path littered with death and broken hearts and dreams. He always does that. He did it with Gengis Khan, Hitler, Count Vlad...But those guys were bad to the core! I'm not! All of them were ambitious, wanting to aid their people. The ends used to justify their means. But they strayed off their goals, and focused on whatever horrible means they were building. The Spider Totem did that to each and everyone of them. He lied to them, that's what he does. Always. I don't believe you. You're the one who's lying! Really? Look back on what transpired today, shall we? First, your uncle asked you to buy milk on your way out, didn't he? But you didn't, did you? You didn't bother to listen or respond, that was the Spider's doing. Second, The Spider pushed you into fighting that wrestler knowing fully well that the powers he gave you would end the fight in seconds. He knew that wouldn't be acceptable for people to believe, the manager fo example? He wouldn't give you the money which made you angry, ver angry. Third, the thief going by you and you didn't stop him. You were filled with hate and anger that you wanted to see other people suffer. And finally the web of tragedy closes into you as you discover the same thief who you let fled came back to haunt you. The spider used this awesomely drawn tragedy to turn you into his slave. He wants you to feel guilt. He wants you to act heroically; but when you do, he'll be ready to line up more tragedies. H-how do you know all this? Us Arthropods Totems are precieptive, we sense and know things most creatures do not. Let me show you what the Spider have lined up for you.

Suddenly I'm on the Brookfield Bridge, and I'm fighting the ugliest sonnuva freak I've ever seen. He's all green and wears purple chain mail, how disgusting. I'm one to talk, my clothes are red & blue with funny lines on them; I think they're webs. I was feeling sick and woozy, but I had to fight this bastard before he harms his hostage. WHOA! She's hot! She had golden hair, and a fabulous body; but their signifiacenc pale against The innocence and love pouring from her beautiflul blue eyes. She's grossly juxtaposed against the yellow eyes of this...this.. GOBLIN! OH MY GOD! He Pushed her off the edge, I gotta do something fast! I shot my webs, that were not organic for some reason, and I grabbed her legs. SNAAAP!!! OH NO! I killed her! I can't believe I killed her. Easy, Ted. You've seen nothing yet. The Spider, if stayed active, will kill everything you ever cared about. This girl wasn't even close to the future you and you're all broken down now? Wait till the Spider claims your aunt, your friends, your clones, your daughter../STOP! STOP THIS! I CAN't TAKE THIS! But you will, Ted. The influence of the Spider Totem is already too deep. I cannot stop his hideous spin on fate. I can only make its blows more merciful on you. How? First, I'll wipe your memory of this encounter; mortals must not know their actual future. Second, I'll merge my Spirit with the Spider's. This should create a new Totem, with the powers of the Spider, and the Purity and Sincerity of a Scarab. It's the only way, Ted. I-I don't know. I need guidance. I miss my uncle Ben. He always knows what to do. So do you, Teddy-boy. The Parkers are natural problem solvers.UNCLE BEN?!?! But you're dead! Of course I'm dead, genius, this is your memory of me. Of what I always taught you. With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility? But that what got me into this mess, it made me fall for the Spider's line. See!? That's the problem with youngsters these days, They always forget. This line is an excerpt from the family's motto. Y'see it's a cycle, not a path. "With Great powers, Comes Great Responsibility. With Great Responsibility comes Great Oppotunities. With Great Opportunities Comes Great Powers It's a cycle, m'boy. Always has always will be. Why didn't you ever tell me the whole version? C'mon, Teddy. If I never told you the Whole version, so how can you remmember me saying it no? Y-you're right....Of course I'm right, but the fault is still mine. I used to tell you the whole version to put you to sleep when you were a baby. I wanted to remind you of it always by repeating it through adulthood, but you never had time anymore. I suppose it's natural for kids to cut their own umbilical cords someday. I-I'm sorry, unkie Ben....It's allmy fault that you're dead. Damn right it is. You are responsible for my death, so what will you do? This responsibility brings Opportunity, so what do you chose? To dwell on your failures, or learn from them? If you choose to learn from them, then I'll choose to have more power. Power I'm responsible to use. This gives me an opportunity to do either good or evil, which gives me even more power if I chose right. Now you're getting it. Great Job, Nephew. No. I'm not your Nephew, Ben. I'm your son...dad. You've been the only father I had, but I never gave you proper respect. Please forgive me. Hey, what are dads for?

Now I know what I must do.

Do it, Scarab. Consider it done. Thanks, Dad. See you on the other side, Teddy-boy.

I am not a Spider or a Scarab. I am a otem all of my own. I am The Blue Sbyder. The cycle of Power, Responsibility and Opportunity flows through me. I shall uphold those ideals forever and beyond.

Batman said:
"Grayson."

"Grayson!"

"....uh?"

"GRAYSON ON YOUR FEET NOW!"

"Colonel Wayne? Please forgive me I--"

"Save it for someone who actually has time to hear it Grayson, this is the third time this week. Your lateness is inexcusable, you know what day it is today and we've been planning it for days. Yet you're still on your hide, while everybody else has been ready since early this morning. Report to my office immediately for your mission observation, and try to make it quick."

"Sir yes sir."

The S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier has been my home for years, especially after my parents death during my days in the circus. I used to be the man on the moon, and bad place I probably still am. It's just been different these past few years, but Colonel Wayne saw potential in me. And gave me the best training I could have and supplied the best arsenal of weapons, to make me what I am today. Moonwing.

Today, I'm being sent to New York City where the Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker aka Baron Zemo is thwarting to unleash one deadly virus that could wipe out the entire city along with everyone stationed there.

"Time to suit up."

I grab my suit and quickly put it on, I'm wasting to much time again! I grab my toys and attach them to my belt, next I strap on the cape. I'm keeping my mask and hood off until I'm done being told what exactly I'm doing.

I reach for my com link, and notify Bruce that I'm on my way.

"Coming now sir, mind if I nab something to eat first?"

I run down the long hall way where all the computers you could only imagine are, about two more halls down is where I go for my morning grub. I grab whatever I could find, and run to the office of the Colonel.

"I'm losing my patience with you Dick, now take a seat while I explain your mission objective."

I pull out the chair next to me, and do exactly what I was told.

"As you know, Zemo has been planning to realease this toxin of his for months. Our S.H.I.E.LD. operatives only found out about it three months AFTER he had actually begun planning the whole damn thing, he's based somewhere around the NYC territory where he's gaining access to all the nuclear weaponry in order make this little plan of his work. Your mission is to find the location of this hideout of his, and stop him from harming the people of New York. If you don't, the damage that could be done to the city will be on our shoulders. You're one of the best agents we've got Grayson, even if you aren't here 90 percent of the time. I trust you'll use everything you've been given to stop Zemo."

"Sir with all do respect, do you really expect me to go in on this alone? I mean, I know I've faced bigger threats before, but me trying to stop one man from letting a devasting virus destroy the Big Apple seems rather doubtful. Think about the men he could be carrying with him, they'd probably twice my size."

"Now you're thinking Grayson, thats why I've taken the liberty of asigning The Black Bat to assist you on this one."

"Barbara?"

"Yes, Barbara Gordon. You two have alot of history from what I hear, I think you two would work great together, especially on a mission like this one."

I was speechless for a couple minutes, gathering my thoughts on what exactly just happend. I wanted a parter for this job, but I didn't expect it to be....Barbara. The last time we worked together, we didn't leave things on such a good note...

"Your plane will be leaving in an hour, so I suggest you get yourself ready and put on the mask of yours. Ms. Gordon will meet you on the lauch pad, make sure you don't keep HER waiting."

"Sir yes sir!"

I walked up from the chair and placed it in, I then walked out of the office and made my way to the launch pad. Once there, I pulled on my mask and grabbed one of the jet packs beside me so that when we reach our destination, we could have a stealthly landing. I walked closer to the plane, and I see a woman standing on the edge of the pad with auburn hair. There she was, she hardly changed since the last time we saw eachother.

"It's good to see you again, Barbara."

This, is going to be some trip...

Barbara immediately turns around and the smile on her face, suddenly turned into one mean look....

"It's good to see me again Grayson? What mushroom are you smoking nowadays? Have you forgotten what happend the last time we were with eachother?"

She starts walking toward our plane carrier, as the pilot start signaling us that it's time to take off. I watch her go ahead and quickly catch up, but my reply isn't as smooth as I thought it'd be.

"Umm....Now that you mention it, not really. Although, I recall another woman involved?"

"S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Sharon Carter was her name, and you asked Bruce if she could be your new parter and he replaced you with someone else. After, I caught you in bed with her in your apartment while we were still dating, while I was on patrol. Is any of this coming back to you, or is it just going in and out of your ear sockets?"

We walk into the plane and see all the weapons stashed up against the walls and our seats await us once we enter. I sit down, and to my luck Barbara had to sit behind me. I grabbed the lab top that laid next to the side of my seat which had our mission briefing and schematics to the Baron's lair, aswell as where we would plan our attack once we got to NYC.

"Of course I remember, Barb, and I've apologized about it a dozen times. I wasn't myself that night and I know you don't forgive easily, but just so you know, Sharon broke up with me 3 months ago. After you and I were done we began dating, turns out she never had REAl feelings for me during that whole time."

Barbara comes closer to my ear and whispers roughly.

"Well it's damn good to see the girl had brains not to waste time with a heartbreaker like you."

I admit, she had a point. I've broken many hearts in my time with the whole hero thing, and met alot of amazing women. Each of them would never match up to someone like Barb. She had everything, the smarts, the skills, and even the love for someone like me. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for letting her out of my grasp....

Silence filled the air for a good while, as our flight to New York came near its end.

"This is your pilot speaking, the drop off point is almost in sight and I suggest you two get your equipment prepared."

I walked up to the wall of weapons and viewed what I might need. Barbara stood next to me with her bag stuffing all that she could get her hands on. As for myself, my utility belt stored all my toys. But I'm a guy who usually relys to much on his fists, so I should be ok.

"Pass me a C4, Dick, oh wait better make that two."

"Two of these things? That could destroy an entire building if put inside."

I grab the C4s.

"Jesus, Dick, you've gotten slow since the last time we went on a mission like this. That's exactly my point, Zemo is planning something from inside an undisclosed area. That's also where the virus he plans to unleash could be stashed and waiting for deployment on the whole city if we don't stop it. The lap tops we were given had the information, did you bother to comprehend any of it?"

"Well for one thing I haven't slept decently in days, so yeah I have been slow. Second, I did look into the lap top, but I was to busy at the time listening to you tell me how I was this and that and explaining my love life for about the 50th time. And third, STOP GIVING ME AN ATTITUDE."

I was heated, she got me so worked up. I know we don't see eye to eye that much anymore, but if this keeps going we'll never be able to cooperate correctly on this damn task. I have her back always, I just hope she knows that...

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell. You have a point about Zemo's lair, I heard the place is huge. Good thinking, Barb.

I lifted my hand to give her a high five like the old days, but she just zipped up her bag and grabbed her jet pack, then walked away and coldly said...

"Gee, I feel so honored."

That's it, I give up. I grabbed my jet pack and followed her, the hatch of the plane opened and red lights turned on which meant we were on top of our landing zone. Out pilot waved for us to jump, and we did just that.

We free fell into the air as New York's buildings surrounded us both, I pushed back on my arms so I could fall faster. Once I reached the right air time, I turned on my jet pack so I could land swiftly. Barbara did the same and caught up to me. The jets didn't have much fuel in them, so it had to be timed just right. I looked over to Barbara and pointed to the roof we were supposed to land on, and then pulled back on the stick to slow down my speed. We landed well to my surprise and ditched the jet packs, that's when I saw Black Bat standing on the edge of the building with her scope at hand.

"Looks like our hideout is right in front of Zemo's."

"That's a good thing, cause we can determine how many men he has guarding the place before we make our move into the base. I'm guessing alot in the front and back, and about the same number on the rooftops. I'm not even going to hazard a guess of how many there'll be inside the place. I know for a fact that Bruce knew about all this, that how he is, always thinking ahead...

We then made our way into our own hideout, and began planning our attempt to infiltrate the Baron's base and stop him from unleashing chaos among the people of New York.

Noon said:
"Yes, probably..." I mumble. Things seem so strange. There are men everywhere. I saved a man’s life, helped this costumed one. The women here seem to be like a second sex, second to the males. This is distressing and odd to me.

I take to the skies; they still hold a steady rumble of clouds in the background. From a height I follow the clawed man, who moves as silently as the wind

He disappears into a narrow gap between buildings and one of those polluting vehicles exits it, I assume with him inside. What are these people doing to our planet! I fly behind the vehicle, partly out of curiosity, partly because I believe this man to be one of honor. I know this is a ridiculous notion, that a man could have honor, but I believe him to be a warrior for good...in his own fashion anyway.

Men. They are a plague upon our earth, polluting it with their greed and their violence and their vehicles. But for now, I am in different land, with different customs, and I must swallow my hatred and try to be civil to the uncivilized.

The car heads to the outskirts of town and travels swiftly round weaving roads, it's black windows glinting coldly in the dimming light. Eventually it approaches a large house, almost a mansion. The intimidating tall wrought iron gates swing open by themselves.

Does the clawed one control spirits?

Heading up the long driveway the car disappears from my line of sight. I hover uncertainly above the gates.

Maybe this was not the best of your ideas, Ororo...Ah! To Hades with it!

I fly inside until I am close to the house, then I land gracefully on the ground, little swirls of wind blowing leaves into tiny hurricanes at my feet. I look at the front doors and decide perhaps it is better not to make a direct approach, really I know nothing of this strange man.

I look into one of the windows, a dim unlit room greets me. It seems unused, a layer of dust covering everything. There is a desk on the far side, the few items on it arranged neatly. I notice a picture turned towards me, it shows a smiling couple holding a small, dark haired child.

I run my hand over the wooden frame of the window. It wouldn't be the best impression if I broke in. I walk back around to the front door and lift my hand.

My knuckles hover for several moments, inches from the wood. I take a deep breath and bring my hand down. I makes a sound at least, but also seems to have dented the wood, a few splinters flaking off.

Nice going 'Ro, just break down his door why don't you.

I knock again, gently this time, but loud enough that someone should hear...hopefully.

We pull into the driveway, and up to the mansion. Chuck pulls the car inside the garage. I step outside and start to take my costume off as Charles walks into the house. After a few moments I hear a loud bang.

"What was that?"

I stand up and make my way inside. After a moment Charles enters the room I'm standing in.

"It would apear you have a guest Master Wayne."

"What the bad place was that noise?"

"Aparently she was.....nocking sir."

"Nocking.....she?"

"Yes sir.....a most scantely clad she sir. Were you expecting.....*cough* entertainment this evening?"

"No......You know if I wanted a woman I would never have to pa..."

"Yes of course sir, but she is at the door non the less."

He flips on a video screen next to me. Its the woman from the park! The one who saved the Mayor! WHAT THE? HOW DID........she followed me.......****!

"She followed me, she must have!"

"I suppose you mean she followed Darkclaw sir?"

"YEA!"

"Than perhaps you should keep it that way.....eh sir?"

"Hmmmmm......maybe, open the door, greet our....guest.....I'll be down and changed in a minute."

"Yes sir."

I run upstairs and into my room, throwing on one of my many Valentino suits, and slaping some Jel in my hair, if I don't than I get these realy weird wing things that pop up on the side of my head, a realy unflatering un-bilionair type of hair style! As I do this I hear Chuck open the door and welcome her in.

"Welcome Madam. I suppose you are here to see Master Wayne. He will be down in moment. Please....take a seat, make yourself comfortable."

I throw on a pair of Keneth Cole loafers, and head down stairs. I walk next to the stair case and prepare myself. Gota do the whole educated man thing, no bruskie and stogies in this conversation. I begin to walk down the stairs and say,

"Welcome to Wayne Manor. My names' Logan, Logan Wayne. And you are?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"