The Ultimate Marvel RPG Season I IC Thread

"Remind me," I announce loudly, gathering the attention of everyone in the hanger, "Why I woke up this morning next to an attractive, morally compromised Swedish supermodel, but instead of staying underneath my $2000 linen sheets with her, I got up, spent a considerable amount of time clamoring into this--"

I motion to the armor adorning my body.

"--and came all the way over here to help a man I neither respect nor trust?"

Shaking my head, I down the contents of the flask in my armored hand, discarding the flask afterwards. I look down at the helmet tucked under my other arm before meeting the eyes of the assembled group.

"Because we share a common enemy, Stark", T'Challa answered.
"I would have thought that was obvious enough for you to grasp?"

"Jesus titty-****in' Christ", Fury sighed and rolled his eyes.
"You two put a ****ing lid on it. I am not putting up with this ******** throughout the whole God damn mission."

KRAKOOM!!

In a dazzling flash of lightning and a roar of thunder, Thor appears before the group with Mjolnir raised above him.

"Am I late? I wasn't sure exactly what time I was to be here. I figured these people already have control of Wakanda, so they're really not going anywhere anytime soon."

"I said 0500 at the briefing last night, Thor"
, Fury barked.
"I figured a 'god' could keep track of time?"

"Relax, Nick. He's here, that's what counts. Now", Cap said as he slung the assault rifle over his shoulder and looked his team over.
"If you ladies are ready, we have a dictator to take out."

Captain America leading the way, the the team boarded the plan, and the craft slowly taxied down the runway and took off into the pre-dawn darkness.

"E.T.A. to arrival at Wakandan border in thirty minutes"
, the pilot stated as the S.H.I.E.L.D. jet rocketed silently through the clouds.

"We'll be dropping near the border in the Republic of the Congo", Fury stated.
"It'll be a five mile trek to the border, and no flying there", Fury said, with emphasis over the comm channel to Stark.
"It's all on foot. We want to maintain the element of surprise as long as possible. Once there, Panther will disable the defenses."

"From there", T'Challa picked up, "I will guide us towards the palace, which we will infiltrate through the secret passage I used to escape. My contact inside will disable the security systems long enough for us to make our way towards the throne room, where Jakkara will be."

Last edited:
"Because we share a common enemy, Stark", T'Challa answered.
Captain America leading the way, the the team boarded the plane, and the craft slowly taxied down the runway and took off into the pre-dawn darkness.

"E.T.A. to arrival at Wakandan border in thirty minutes", the pilot stated as the S.H.I.E.L.D. jet rocketed silently through the clouds.

"It'll be a five mile trek to the border, and no flying there", Fury said as he looked to Stark.
"It's all on foot. We want to maintain the element of surprise as long as possible. Once there, Panther will disable the defenses."

"From there", T'Challa picked up, "I will guide us towards the palace, which we will infiltrate through the secret passage I used to escape. My contact inside will disable the security systems long enough for us to make our way towards the throne room, where Jakkara will be."

"Sounds good to me. Dunno 'bout the rest of you, but I've been roarin' for some action."

"E.T.A. to arrival at Wakandan border in thirty minutes", the pilot stated as the S.H.I.E.L.D. jet rocketed silently through the clouds.

"It'll be a five mile trek to the border, and no flying there", Fury said as he looked to Stark.

I hear all of this through the commlink in my helmet. The HUD fills my range of vision, providing me with a wealth of information about wind speed, weather conditions, Wakandan headlines, S.H.I.E.L.D. files on T'Challa and his known associates.

"As wonderful as all of that sounds, I do much enjoy the view from up here," I announce. I turn my head and see the S.H.I.E.L.D. jet flying alongside me. "I think I'll remain your eye in the sky, if you please."

Using a mental command, I bring up a menu on my HUD.

"As for the element of surprise, don't worry about me," I assure my teammates. With another thought, I activate my armor's cloaking device. To the naked eye, I've disappeared from sight - and my armor is already invisible to radar and other modern forms of technology. "Subtlety is my forte."

The satellite imagery showed the Ultimates' aircraft as it rocketed across the sky, and the hero, Iron Man, who suddenly disappeared from view.

"Cloaking tech?"

"I would assume so", the Skull answered Crossbones.

"Ebersol, can you penetrate it?"

"I'm trying", the Fixer replied as he furiously went to work at his computer station.
"Stark's good...real good. Can't seem to crack it."

"Is there any way you could track the armor?"

"Maybe, if I can rig the system to pick up his engine trail. But it'll take some time, and it won't be easy. Bastard's gone completely dark."

"Do it. I don't want any surprises when the time comes. Speaking of which", the Skull turned to Crossbones.
"Are the cells ready?"

"We're at ninety percent now, Skull. Only be a couple more hours 'til all groups are ready to rock n' roll."

"Excellent", the Skull smiled.
"I'll be in my quarters. Inform me the second we're at battle readiness, and the Ultimates begin their assault on Wakanda."

"Sure thing, bossman."

The Red Skull walked out of the control room, leaving the Fixer to keep track of the Ultimates and Crossbones to ready the troops for war...

"As for the element of surprise, don't worry about me," I assure my teammates. With another thought, I activate my armor's cloaking device. To the naked eye, I've disappeared from sight - and my armor is already invisible to radar and other modern forms of technology. "Subtlety is my forte."

"If Tony Stark's forte is indeed subtlety, then I weep for the future of Stark Enterprises."

"ETA One minute!"

"Alright, people. Let's get ready to jump."

Thor holds Mjolnir in his hands as he stands.

"I do not 'jump' General. I merely float to the ground."

"Whatever, Goldie Locks. Do me a favor and get ready to go."

Fury kicks open the jump door and braces himself at the door as wind rips through the plane.

"Thirty seconds!"

Captain America moved to stand by the open door, holding on to the side and looking at the earth rushing past below them.

"Green light", the pilot shouted and Cap leaped out of the plane, Fury, Panther, Hawkeye, everyone filed out of the aircraft in silent precision.

Waiting until the last possible second, Cap pulled his shoot. Crashing down in the trees, Steve disconnects his shoot, falling the rest of the way to the jungle floor.
Landing on his feet, Cap rolled with the impact and was up instantly, his eyes down the sights of his rifle, scanning the jungle.

"Do not worry, Captain", T'Challa said as he leaped down from the branches above.
"We are in no danger, yet."

Within half a minute, Fury, the S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers, and the rest of the team arrived.

"All right, let's get this show on the road. Panther, lead the way."

T'Challa turned and led the team through the jungle towards Wakanda. After twenty minutes of silently marching, T'Challa held up his hand, signaling for a stop.

"We are here."

"These trees"
, the Prince continued as he pointed to the much larger plants that grew just a dozen feet away.
"They contain sophisticated sensor equipment, but, fortunately, I know a way that will allow us to become invisible to them."

Reaching in his costumes' utility belt, the Panther pulled out a small device and held it up.
"This device will emit a specific radio frequency that will allow us to appear get past the detection grid that surrounds my homeland."

"Stark, I'm sending you the data on the frequency now"
, T'Challa said over the comm channel as he took out an ipod-like datapad and transmitted the information to him.

"Let's go, and stay close", T'Challa said as he pressed the button on his device. The Panther led the strike force through the sensor grid, and into his homeland.

The roaring helicopter came to a gentle stop on the lawn of the Xavier Institute for Gifted Children.

With the assistance of two S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, Janet Pym grabbed her bags from the copter.

"I'll take it from here boys." Janet spoke as the two agents headed back into the helicopter after making sure Janet had a secure hold on her bags.

From the back porch Mutant Professor Charles Xavier, founder and headmaster of the unusual school rolled out upon his wheelchair, accompanied by one of his X-men.

"Mrs. Pym, when will Nick Fury learn that things can go according to plan without his intervention?"

"Apologies for the inconvenience Xavier-"

"Please Janet, call me Charles"

His student, the one with the red visor upon his eyes, stepped forward and reached the bags from Janet. The barrier between their eyes filled Janet with an air of eeriness, but she kept her focus on Professor Xavier.

"Yes..Charles. Now S.H.I.E.L.D. has sanctioned me until the Magneto threat has been handled once again. Now we've both dealt with Magneto before so I have been thinking of some-"

The professor crossed his fingers as he stroked the cat seated on his lap.

"Mrs. Pym. You have never dealt with the likes of Magneto before and you have no idea what you're getting into."

The silence was broken by the roaring sound of the helicopter leaving Janet behind.

"Scott take Mrs. Pym's belongings to where she'll be staying. Ah where are my manners, let me show you around."

656126-440px_ult_hawkeye_super.jpg

Captain America moved to stand by the open door, holding on to the side and looking at the earth rushing past below them.

"Green light", the pilot shouted and Cap leaped out of the plane, Fury, Panther, Hawkeye, everyone filed out of the aircraft in silent precision.

Waiting until the last possible second, Cap pulled his shoot. Crashing down in the trees, Steve disconnects his shoot, falling the rest of the way to the jungle floor.
Landing on his feet, Cap rolled with the impact and was up instantly, his eyes down the sights of his rifle, scanning the jungle.

"Do not worry, Captain", T'Challa said as he leaped down from the branches above.
"We are in no danger, yet."

Within half a minute, Fury, the S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers, and the rest of the team arrived.

"All right, let's get this show on the road. Panther, lead the way."

T'Challa turned and led the team through the jungle towards Wakanda. After twenty minutes of silently marching, T'Challa held up his hand, signaling for a stop.

"We are here."

"These trees", the Prince continued as he pointed to the much larger plants that grew just a dozen feet away.
"They contain sophisticated sensor equipment, but, fortunately, I know a way that will allow us to become invisible to them."

Reaching in his costumes' utility belt, the Panther pulled out a small device and held it up.
"This device will emit a specific radio frequency that will allow us to appear get past the detection grid that surrounds my homeland."

"Stark, I'm sending you the data on the frequency now", T'Challa said over the comm channel as he took out an ipod-like datapad and transmitted the information to him.

"Let's go, and stay close", T'Challa said as he pressed the button on his device. The Panther led the strike force through the sensor grid, and into his homeland.

Hmm... No security, no traps. Seems Jakaara isn't to up to snuff when it comes to guarding his country's borders. A little quiet for my tastes.

Too quiet...

Clint stealthily followed the team, protecting their backs as they continued through the vast jungles. Armed with his compound bow with laser-sight to enhance his already lethal precision, he decided that now while they were off the grid, he'd make contact with the Ultimates team leader, Captain Steve Rogers, to let him know what was on his mind...

Pressing the butto in his earpiece, he carefully whispered his message into the reciever.

"Hawkeye to Cap, don't you think it's a little suspicious that we've been able to breach a nation that's practically untouchable rather... how should I put this? Oh I don't know... Easily?

"These trees", the Prince continued as he pointed to the much larger plants that grew just a dozen feet away.

"Stark, I'm sending you the data on the frequency now", T'Challa said over the comm channel as he took out an ipod-like datapad and transmitted the information to him.

Pressing the butto in his earpiece, he carefully whispered his message into the reciever.
"Hawkeye to Cap, don't you think it's a little suspicious that we've been able to breach a nation that's practically untouchable rather... how should I put this? Oh I don't know... Easily?
"Don't worry, Hawkeye," I mutter into my intercom. "I'm sure they're sharpening their spears as we speak."

I admit: judging by the specifications T'Challa sent me, the Wakandans are definitely more advanced than I originally gave them credit for. That said, I was tinkering with radio-controlled sensory arrays such as this one while other kids were playing with Legos. This kind of data encryption hardly gives me pause.

I plug away using the data T'Challa uploaded as I continue to fly silently over the Wakandan jungle.

"Don't worry, Hawkeye," I mutter into my intercom. "I'm sure they're sharpening their spears as we speak."

As if in response, the jungle erupted in laser fire as dozens of Wakandan warriors disengaged the cloaks on their combat suits and engaged the invaders.

"Careful what you wish for", Cap stated as he tuck and rolled forward, avoiding a flurry of laser bolts that burned into the ground where he once was.
Coming up, the Captain threw his shield, smashing one of the soldiers in the face and ricocheting to bash another of the Wakandan warriors in the chest before bouncing off of a tree and returning to the Star-Spangled Ultimate.

The Black Panther nimbly leaped and weaved his way through the undergrowth, avoiding the ranged attacks of the soldiers. Quickly closing the gap, T'Challa engaged a handful of his countrymen in melee combat, making sure his strikes just took the men out of the fight, not trying to kill them.

"The palace is close! Only a few minutes more through the jungle", T'Challa stated as he smashed his elbow into the face of one of the Wakandan soldiers.
"We need to bust through this infantry and reach the palace before they bring in the Nzambi!"

"What the hell's an Nzambi", Fury shouted as he ducked behind a tree to avoid the blaster fire aimed his way.

A massive explosion blew a clearing in the jungle, killing four S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who were taking cover.

Up in the skies, a dozen warriors adorned in ornate, silver and gold battle armor, hovered above their heads. They almost appeared like a bunch of Iron Men, save their helmets were shaped like the head of a panther, and their boots and fingers of their gloves bore razor sharp claws.

"That."

The Nzambi, one of Wakanda's elite defensive forces, reached out with an open hand, and a beam of energy shot out at the heroes, tearing through the jungle trees and smashing into the jungle floor with explosive results.

As if in response, the jungle erupted in laser fire as dozens of Wakandan warriors disengaged the cloaks on their combat suits and engaged the invaders.

"Careful what you wish for", Cap stated as he tuck and rolled forward, avoiding a flurry of laser bolts that burned into the ground where he once was.
Coming up, the Captain threw his shield, smashing one of the soldiers in the face and ricocheting to bash another of the Wakandan warriors in the chest before bouncing off of a tree and returning to the Star-Spangled Ultimate.

The Black Panther nimbly leaped and weaved his way through the undergrowth, avoiding the ranged attacks of the soldiers. Quickly closing the gap, T'Challa engaged a handful of his countrymen in melee combat, making sure his strikes just took the men out of the fight, not trying to kill them.

"The palace is close! Only a few minutes more through the jungle", T'Challa stated as he smashed his elbow into the face of one of the Wakandan soldiers.
"We need to bust through this infantry and reach the palace before they bring in the Nzambi!"

"What the hell's an Nzambi", Fury shouted as he ducked behind a tree to avoid the blaster fire aimed his way.

A massive explosion blew a clearing in the jungle, killing four S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who were taking cover.

Up in the skies, a dozen warriors adorned in ornate, silver and gold battle armor, hovered above their heads. They almost appeared like a bunch of Iron Men, save their helmets were shaped like the head of a panther, and their boots and fingers of their gloves bore razor sharp claws.

"That."

The Nzambi, one of Wakanda's elite defensive forces, reached out with an open hand, and a beam of energy shot out at the heroes, tearing through the jungle trees and smashing into the jungle floor with explosive results.
I redirect all power to my repulsor technology, creating a massive amount of uncontrolled output. A massive shockwave occurs as I emerge from my cloaking. The Nzambi are knocked backwards, and I launch myself at the nearest one.

"Really? Power suits?" I announce in annoyance. My fist collides with the ostentatious panther-shaped helmet, causing the sound of metal on metal to ring out over the jungle. "This is getting more overplayed than 'Don't Stop Believing.'"

I grab the Nzambi's helmet in my hand and unleash a devastating blast from my repulsor. The helmet shatters as the Nzambi falls from the sky, impacting on the jungle floor with the force of a small explosive.

"Lucky for me, nothing beats the original."

"That."

Cage starts charging toward the infantry, but stops and looks up to admire the armored suits. Realizing his own lack of flight, he merely sighs, before resuming his charge toward the infantry.

Laser beams bounce off his body, burning holes in his clothing as he closes the distance. Seeing a figure charging at them and taking the laser fire with no problem, several infantrymen all train their fire on Cage.

Though his skin is titanium, Cage is not immune to the pain of being seared by so many blasts. Gritting his teeth as he barrels forward, he slams into a small entrenched area of infantry, knocking over three or four soldiers and starting a vicious brawl in the sand-bagged confines. Cage's fists slam soldier after soldier as they scramble, futilely clubbing him with their rifles or stabbing at him with knives. Bones crunch and men scream, and in a few seconds Cage stands alone in the nest. His eyes filled with revenge for all those lives lost in Washington, he is not sated and turns to the next nest.

I let us swing around back towards the Bugle, thinking quickly on how to get out of this.

"Shut it."

We smash through the window, the glass splintering off and I roll into the new room. Before I survey the area I whip a smoke grenade from my pocket and throw it down to the ground, the smoke churning out quickly from the capsule. That ought to distract him. I break out of the doorway and out into a corridor. I swing around to see a charging security guard, before I smash him around the chin with the shield and swing him around into the wall next to me. I break off down the corridor, trying to remember the layout from when I arrived, and smash through a door, out into the main stairway. I leap over the rail and go down the middle, occasionally, controlling my descent by bouncing off the lower rails. As I land on the ground floor, I roll up to the door, the ribs aching madly. Trying to regain some breath, I open up the door out into the ground floor and make my way through to a fire exit, and run out into the streets, pulling off the costume as I go.
Spidey.jpg

Slowly shaking of the pieces of safety glass I look up just as this nut throws the small capsule to the floor. The capsule breaks unleashing a wave of smoke that quickly fills the decent sized office. The nut disappears into the smoke while my body takes in a deep breath.

Thank whatever divine entity there is that I kept the lens in this mask. Atleast I have some protection if this nut used tear gas.

I quickly give pursuit darting out of the gas filled room and out into one of the bustling office spaces of the Daily Bugle. Darting my gaze left to right I find nothing but curious employees looking in at the ruckus.

"Uh did anyone see a guy run out here? Big guy, shield, total tool, thinks hes' Captain America."

One guy, I think his name is Leeds, points down the corridor leading to the elevators.

"Ladies and gentlemen you were a wonder group of witnesses. Don't forget to tip your spider."

Without another word I bolt down the corridor leaving behind my latest group of onlookers. Bouncing off a hard left turn and narrowly taking out a woman exiting out her office I start to find a trail of clothes. As I continue my pursuit the articles start to grow from the nut's mask to his torn shirt than finally his pants.

"Alright if this guy is running around this place stark nekkid consider myself done. I don't think I'm at the point in my career that I fight the super stripper."

The trail of clothes stops at an elevator.

"Dammit. He must've had street clothes under his suit. This man is an evil genius! We're talking Dr. Doom level here, or atleast Micheal Bay."

My spider sense goes off sending me into a combat stance ready for anything.

I'm serious if I get pounced by a crazy naked dude someone will be lossing their.....

Before I can finish my mental threat a stapler connects with my head.

"OW! What the hell?!"

"Look at what you did to my building! You ****ing menace!"

I didn't even have to look toward the other elevator to know who threw the lethal stapler.

"Uh JJJ last I checked I saved your butt from Captain Nutso. Alittle appreciation wouldn't kill ya."

JJ's face grows redder.

"Maybe it will. Fine I'll take the staple lodged in my head as a thank you."

"You miserable piece of ****! You'll pay for this! You'll pa....."

Jameson's grating voice cuts off instantly as the webbing solidifies to his face.

"So sue me flattop. Serves me right for trying to help. Atleast I just bought you employees a few hours of peace and quiet."

I turn and head back the way I came leaving JJJ's angered muffles behind me.

Last edited:

"That."

"Ahh, I'm looking forward to this."

Thor raises Mjolnir high above his head. Lightning crashes through the jungle, striking the warriors with electric bolts.

"Come get a taste!"

The God of Thunder swings hard, coming down on a warrior's body with the hammer.

The shield smashed into the face of one of the Wakandan soldiers, blood spraying from the man's splayed open nose. Captain America knocked another unconscious with a round house kick, and, as he spun with the kick, fired three rounds into another soldier's chest, dropping him.

"We're wasting time. We need to make it to the palace before Jakkara can send more troops after us", T'Challa stated as he KOed two soldiers with knee and elbow strikes.

"The man's right", Cap stated.

"Thor, Iron Man. Take out those airborne armored soldiers, and we make a break for the palace. We need to end this before it get's out of hand."

The shield smashed into the face of one of the Wakandan soldiers, blood spraying from the man's splayed open nose. Captain America knocked another unconscious with a round house kick, and, as he spun with the kick, fired three rounds into another soldier's chest, dropping him.

"We're wasting time. We need to make it to the palace before Jakkara can send more troops after us", T'Challa stated as he KOed two soldiers with knee and elbow strikes.

"The man's right", Cap stated.

"Thor, Iron Man. Take out those airborne armored soldiers, and we make a break for the palace. We need to end this before it get's out of hand."
"Whadda you say, my Norwegian friend?" I ask Thor, smiling beneath my helmet. "Shall we bring the thunder and the lightning?"

I begin to charge the repulsors in my palms.

"Whadda you say, my Norwegian friend?" I ask Thor, smiling beneath my helmet. "Shall we bring the thunder and the lightning?"

I begin to charge the repulsors in my palms.

I grin at him as I hold Mjolnir up.

"I say we bring the pain!"

The lightning crashes and thunder tears through the sky. Wind and rain sweep through the jungle.

"I hope you have your rust proof armor, Tony."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"