The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to Ben.
I love how Uncle Ben reached for the gun, he knew he would go on and probably kill more people and it was wrong to have a gun, so "doing good things for people" he reached out and tried to stop it. Obviously he failed.
Which made it more tragic.

See, for me, I think ASM is the best Spidey movie, but SM2 is the best movie. Watching the films and turning my Spidey-fan brain off, I realize that SM2 is the most complete film out of all of them. However, I just really didn't enjoy the characterization of Raimi's Peter Parker/Spider-man. So it wasn't my favorite Spidey film.

I think you've pretty much said what I (and a lot of other people, apparently) have been thinking for awhile, but couldn't pinpoint exactly -- I knew I LIKED TASM best and that it felt the most right to me (though it is obviously not without its flaws, and quite a few of them), but thought SM2 was a better film as far as being more cohesive, grander in scale, handling multiple themes and character arcs, etc. But yeah, I wasn't too fond of quite a few characterizations in it save for JJJ and Harry, I think. And while I still think Ock was the best movie villain if I look at the whole package and don't think about the comics, when I do think of the comics, it kind of bugs me that he was pretty much the Lizard with Ock's power set. I say that as someone who's a fan of both in the comics, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"