• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why create this new thread since the mod cleaned up the other one?

The other thread is for News, videos, and set pictures specifically. This thread is for discussing any general thoughts or speculating in regards to this movie which can pertain factual information in regards to the film or just speculation or a combination of both.

The news,video, and set pictures thread should honestly be just that with no discussion honestly. It would be easier to find any officially released news, vids, set pics/official stills/promos of the film that way instead of clicking on the thread and finding conversations that bog down the thread and that have nothing to do with the aforementioned items.

We had an identical issue in TDKR thread which was fixed nicely with making three (No Discussion Threads) which holds Photos, Story spoilers and rumors, and news respectively. Which makes it easier to navigate and find useful information.

The General Discussion and Speculation thread is where one can discuss all the things I mentioned above freely.

Because we'd rather not have a few pages of meaningful discussion deleted because a mod thought it wasn't related to the thread topic. >.>

Agreed. I'd like to be able to discuss the new film but still be able to mention the Raimi films. I never found that many on the that forum who constantly said the new film is better than the old and vice vera that much anyways. Its really was a once in a while thing. Most want to see at least a trailer before making a decision like that. I want to see the movie first.

I only say that this film will be WAAY more faithful to the comics at most.

What were everyone's views on Jamie Bell playing Spider-Man? and do you think the reception for this movie would be the same as it is now?

I barely remember Jamie bell in king kong although I do remember who he played. And I haven't seen enough of him to really say how he would've been or the reaction but I really think they picked the best actor of the bunch. Andrew is really really good and they were smart to get him before he became a huge star

My top picks were Aaron Johnson and Logan Lerman. I really wanted them to get the part but getting Andrew Garfield was still great.

I prefer Garfield over Bell that much is for sure. Bell is a good actor but would have been a total miscast for the role of Peter Parker.

Agreed I'm ecstatic with Andrew. I've seen a lot of his work since he was cast and he's an absolutely amazing actor. Anyone who's seen Boy A or Never Let Me Go will know what I'm talking about.

Good Thinking with this thread Craig :up:. I honestly wasn't really happy with any of the actors testing for role so when Andrew was announced I was pretty happy having seen some of his work before.

I wonder what this is from:

26217424.png

Good Thinking with this thread Craig :up:. I honestly wasn't really happy with any of the actors testing for role so when Andrew was announced I was pretty happy having seen some of his work before.

Thanks Mako. :)

Yeah I'm glad we got a really good actor for the role. The casting has been great so far. Garfield, Fields, Sheen, Stone, Leary etc I mean all really good actors.

Oh I love the casting for this movie. Especially Emma and Andrew. I was a fan of Emma before she was cast so I'm looking forward to see her in one of my fav character franchises playing one of my favourite characters!

Yeah they really invested in good/great actors for this which is always a good sign when that caliber of actor wants to be a part of your project; your script has to be beyond good

I'm super glad we got Andrew. He's going to be fantastic. I wouldn't have been able to take most of the other candidates seriously.

How do you guys think Gwen will find out Peter is Spider-Man? I hope they take inspiration from USM when Peter told MJ in his room by clinging to the ceiling.

Just saw the fan-made poster on a certain website that starts with 'C', and I thought for a second before I read the title that it was the trailer. Got all excited. lol

But I saw some of the posts and got pretty ****ing annoyed. Hobo did a fan-friggin-tastic job with the fan-made poster, and YET, some a-holes still call it crap for no reason other than to want to hate on the movie. Hate the fanboyism there. I can honestly say that website has one of the WORST communities ever.

I hope this movie is the X:FC for 2012. Haters can hate until the movie comes out. Then live in denial. :/

That dude yossarian is easily the worst user on any website I've ever seen. He comments on every TASM related article and his comments are infuriating.

He wasn't.

These were the final guys in the screen test for the role of Parker/Spidey:

Jamie Bell (King Kong, Jumper)

Anton Yelchin (Star Trek)

Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass)

Andrew Garfield (The Social Network),

Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief)

Alden Ehrenreich (Tetro)

I'm so glad that they chose Andrew Garfield! Imagine if they would've gotten Jamie Bell to play Peter O_O that would've been horrible

All of the other candidates really pale in comparison to Andrew. I was a huge reboot skeptic until I heard about Andrew being cast.

I wanted logan lerman but garfield is a way better choice. that said you could get 5 movies out of lerman who is late teens/early 20's I think you can only get 3 movies out of garfield.

All of the other candidates really pale in comparison to Andrew.

Agreed. I always wondered why people were thinking Logan Lerman would be perfect for the role... he looks a little "girly" to be honest

The weird thing is, I didn't like Andrew as a candidate until he was confirmed, then I just magically started to like the choice

okay, who wanted garfield BEFORE he was cast?

I mean, I never really knew he was being considered, but I've been a huge fan of Andrew since watching Boy A a few years ago. When I heard he was cast I kind of looked a bit like this:

156.jpg

maybe he's fighting the lizard in that, but RIM wont post the full pic until the lizard is revealed

Whaaaaat? I don't remember him saying that. :O

I mean, I never really knew he was being considered, but I've been a huge fan of Andrew since watching Boy A a few years ago. When I heard he was cast I kind of looked a bit like this:

156.jpg

Lmfao! xD

Whaaaaat? I don't remember him saying that. :O

I'm not saying that he said that, I'm just speculating why he didn't give us the full pic (at least it doesn't look like a full pic)

did he actually say that it's a part of a poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"