• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Jesse Eisenberg as a potential Harry.

Very good actor, looks just like Harry, and is also the same age as Andrew. They had a great dynamic together as best friends in The Social Network and could easily bring that over to Peter and Harry's complicated friendship.

tumblr_lcwmsd3P7d1qc4kruo1_500.png

And since were sequel casting, Mary Elizabeth Winstead for Mary Jane! :awesome:

8005052tEn0.jpg

Really? Why not? I'm genuinely curious.

I'd like to see a post-college Peter because that's something we haven't seen on screen yet and it is a substantial part of the character. It would be cool to see Peter working at a lab or as a teacher.

We did see a post college Peter though. I mean, yes, Peter was technically in college in SM2 and 3 but he wasn't really. He did not act like a college kid at all.

And just in general, I can't relate to post-college Pete. Maybe I will when I'm a bit older, but I can't relate to him now.

We did see a post college Peter though. I mean, yes, Peter was technically in college in SM2 and 3 but he wasn't really. He did not act like a college kid at all.

And just in general, I can't relate to post-college Pete. Maybe I will when I'm a bit older, but I can't relate to him now.

Well, if they do have post-college Pete they probably wouldn't do it until the third film which would be 2016 at the earliest I think. Maybe by then you would be better able to relate.

hahaha Possibly. I'll be two years removed from college at that point. ****. That's scary.

I originally wanted Logan for the role. He has some good projects coming up, so I'm glad he's doing those. But I think Garfield is great for this.

I also hope we see progression through out the series. High school, college, work.
It's going to be so painful to see Emma Stone go :csad:

The only person I'm absolutely dying to see as Harry is Gordon Levitt and in all honesty I think it could happen. He's worked with Webb before. I know he's going to be in TDKR but hey, that limitation didn't keep Chris Evans from becoming Captain America...

Joseph Gordon Levitt would've been perfect for Peter IMO

I just watched "10 things I hate about you" yesterday and JGL really reminded me of ultimate Peter

2286_2.jpg

I know he's much older now, but as you said he is only a year older than Andrew

They were considering Anton Yelchin !? Why !? And Logan Lerman was really annoying in the three musketeers. Even before I read of these guys being considered for Parker I always said we were lucky to get Andrew Garfield. But now I realise just HOW lucky we were.

Not only is he the best actor of the bunch or look closest to a real life Peter Parker of the bunch. But he just looks like Peter Parker period. The one I remember at least.

They were considering Anton Yelchin !? Why !? And Logan Lerman was really annoying in the three musketeers. Even before I read of these guys being considered for Parker I always said we were lucky to get Andrew Garfield. But now I realise just HOW lucky we were.

Not only is he the best actor of the bunch or look closest to a real life Peter Parker of the bunch. But he just looks like Peter Parker period. The one I remember at least.

garfield is a dead ringer for comic peter right down to the bushy eyebrows an the brown/hazel eyes

And since were sequel casting, Mary Elizabeth Winstead for Mary Jane! :awesome:

8005052tEn0.jpg

I approve. :up:

But Anton Yelchin would be perfect for Harry imo.

yelchin-harry-osborne.jpg

While Jesse and Andrew do have a strong dynamic together as best friends in The Social Network and in real life and they can easily bring that over on screen, I don't think Jesse really looks the part imo.

I approve. :up:

But Anton Yelchin would be perfect for Harry imo.

yelchin-harry-osborne.jpg

While Jesse and Andrew do have a strong dynamic together as best friends in The Social Network and in real life and they can easily bring that over on screen, I don't think Jesse really looks the part imo.

agreed

seeing as the villain is lizard i assume most spidey fans have seen the cartoon lizard episodes

90's - night of the lizard
SSM - natural selection

which is your favorite and which scene would you love them to reproduce on the big screen?

seeing as the villain is lizard i assume most spidey fans have seen the cartoon lizard episodes

SSM - natural selection

which is your favorite and which scene would you love them to reproduce on the big screen?

SSM - Natural Selection

You should check out Boy A. One of his early movies I believe but still really outstanding. Be sure to have a tissue box with you though by the end.

haha I edited my post. For some reason the post window never went away so assumed it hadn't posted LOL!

Great movie, indeed.:up:

So, my attempt at remaking the Set Pictures, News and Videos thread according to what C. Lee was screaming about yesterday was closed, without me even being notified why.

-_-

So, my attempt at remaking the Set Pictures, News and Videos thread according to what C. Lee was screaming about yesterday was closed, without me even being notified why.

-_-

Probably because we already have a “no discussion” thread for images. Having yet another no discussion thread seems like too much. Plus, having to go to one thread to read news (which could mean such a wide range of things) and then jump to another thread to talk about said news is just a hassle. The picture thread works because sometimes you just want to look at pretty pictures.

Of course, I started the Pictures thread, so maybe I just don’t want anyone stepping on my turf :woot:

Probably because we already have a “no discussion” thread for images. Having yet another no discussion thread seems like too much. Plus, having to go to one thread to read news (which could mean such a wide range of things) and then jump to another thread to talk about said news is just a hassle. The picture thread works because sometimes you just want to look at pretty pictures.

Of course, I started the Pictures thread, so maybe I just don’t want anyone stepping on my turf :woot:

And what about official news and videos...? :p

I just think what's been happening on here recently is extremely silly. We had the old set pics, vids and news thread that was closed down because a few people were talking about Spider-Man 3.

*shrug*

SSM - natural selection

I'd have to say Natural Selection. Though, quite frankly, from what we've seen, we will be getting something similar to that version of the Lizard story in the film. From the fact that Gwen works for Connors and that Connors is somewhat of a mentor to Peter to the fact that we will see a gradual transformation into that Lizard instead of a immediate one like in the 90's Spider-man.

The sequel needs to have Green Goblin killing Gwen. You can have MJ in it, but as Harry's girlfriend or just a platonic friend. Because of the Raimi trilogy, these films cannot have too much Harry in them. I would even consider keeping them Gwen-focused and have a second movie with another villian (Kraven or Vulture) before doing a third with her death.

Would be much better imo, Eisenberg is just too damn nerdy lol! He can only play nerd roles/

But Harry IS a big awkward-but lovable, and often vengeful, nerd in the comics. Unless you want Ultimate Spidey Harry then I'd Say Yelchin. Otherwise, I'd have to go with Eisenberg.

Eisenberg just screams Harry to me. Plus we already got confident, but I hate my dad, Harry already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"