The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man Set Pictures, Videos and News Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in the sense TIH did it. TIH wasn't a sequel, but it did carry over certain elements.

Really, the only elements were the core canon - that were told, in a different way through a quick flashback, which was different than the previous movie. So yes certain elements were still there, but ones that were key to the character as a whole, not the previous film per se'.

Really, the only elements were the core canon - that were told, in a different way through a quick flashback, which was different than the previous movie. So yes certain elements were still there, but ones that were key to the character as a whole, not the previous film per se'.

They had the time he was on the run the same as his film drought and the basic fact he was on the run in the jungle. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it kind of is.

Not in the sense TIH did it. TIH wasn't a sequel, but it did carry over certain elements.

The only thing it carried over was that he started off in the jungle, and I think that was in the comics (I've never read/cared about Hulk so I wouldn't know)

TIH started exactly where Hulk left off. TIH kept all the past between Bruce/Betty/General Ross all intact. It was like all their past had already happened in TIH...which it showed in Hulk. They didn't reshow his origins but just little flashbacks with some retconning. It was a 'reboot' with some major ties to the previous film...so the only word I can come up with is a loose reboot.

it's a reboot

i just talked to martin sheen, he said so

Tell Martin to take away the cocaine from Charlie.

Did they also go back to high school? Did George Stacy suddenly de-age 20 years? Did Spidey's organic web-shooters suddenly stop working?

There is too much changed to pull this off as a sequel.
Don't forget about Aunt May de-aging significantly as well.

You know what guys, as long as Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire, and Kirsten Dunst, and JK Simmons, and Bruce Campell are no where to be found, call it whatever you want, I'll be happy

Insert cameos by all of them.

acutally...I thought the movie started in the artic? then cut to south america..? or was that my imagination?

Bruce Campbell is the one true God, and JK Simmons made a great Jameson.

acutally...I thought the movie started in the artic? then cut to south america..? or was that my imagination?
That was the deleted opening scene, it was taken out of the film release because it was deemed too intense for kids because Bruce Banner tries to commit suicide by putting a gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger but Hulk's out and spits out the bullet.

For ****'s sake, it is a reboot. Even Sony Pictures twitted about it when they announced the cancellation of Spider-Man 4, back in Jan/2010.

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-4-cancelled-reboot-rob-41015/

this makes me wonder what REALLY went on with the cancellation of SM4...
I mean it seems liek they were genuinely working on SM4 seeing as how it would have been released this year. then all of a sudden BAM! no more SM4, instead we get a unnecessary reboot that comes out next year

If you still think that it's not reboot:
“Spider-Man will always be an important franchise for Sony Pictures and a fresh start like this is a responsibility that we all take very seriously,” said Michael Lynton

It's a freaking reboot, just like the Incredible Hulk was a reboot.

This isn't like First Class where they're going so far back that it can fit into established continuity.

Full on reboot.

But, you gotta love Avi right?

It's a freaking reboot, just like the Incredible Hulk was a reboot.

This isn't like First Class where they're going so far back that it can fit into established continuity.

Full on reboot.

But, you gotta love Avi right?

Chaseter said "TIH started exactly where Hulk left off. TIH kept all the past between Bruce/Betty/General Ross all intact. It was like all their past had already happened in TIH...which it showed in Hulk. They didn't reshow his origins but just little flashbacks with some retconning. It was a 'reboot' with some major ties to the previous film...so the only word I can come up with is a loose reboot."
and he is absolutely right. The Incredible Hulk wasn't a full reboot, it was like 80% of a reboot

If you still think that it's not reboot:
“Spider-Man will always be an important franchise for Sony Pictures and a fresh start like this is a responsibility that we all take very seriously,” said Michael Lynton

:up::up::up:

Bruce Campbell could entertain a room by just reading a menu.

just thinking about the fact that there is no mj in this one, maybe she will make an appearance at the end or something? i don't know, maybe peter and gwen get close during the movie and have a fight or something and then mj appears as she does in the comic books with the "face it, tiger; you just hit the jack-pot!" line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"