The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man Set Pictures, Videos and News Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a reboot, not an offshoot of the previous films. The only reason people are clinging to this "not a reboot" idea, is because of an outdated quote from a film producer who has been known to say just about anything.

Screw Avi, I don't trust him with anything anymore. He single-handedly ruined Spider-Man 3, and now he's drumming ***** up for the new film.

THIS IS A REBOOT. DEAL WITH IT.

It's a complete reboot.

Not a loose reboot or whatever.

Almost everything about this movie points to a complete reboot.

- Webshooters

- New costume

- New setting

- No M.J (at least for the first movie)

and so on.

You know what I have noticed? Each time fans on here see or hear something they don't like they start coming up with excuses.

That costume must be the wrestling costume.
Those silver slippers are for stunts.
Avi Arad is wrong, this is a reboot.

Hmmm...

Care to tell us why you seem to think this isn't a reboot? lol

You know what I have noticed? Each time fans on here see or hear something they don't like they start coming up with excuses.

You need to re-read this "interview" that you are basing so much of your speculation on.

Hmmm...

Care to tell us why you seem to think this isn't a reboot? lol

I don't think it is a reboot or a sequel...I think it is something in between like First Class. I think they are going to do their own thing but loosely tie in this movie to things that worked in Raimi's films. Even if this is a full on reboot, they will have loose ties to the first film and they won't negate everything set up in the previous franchise. People saying well Gwen is here and no MJ, this must be a reboot. Well I see no Harry and no Norman either. If this is Peter in High School, where the **** is Harry? Sony would be dumb to completely throw away an entire franchise that isn't even a decade old and they aren't going to do so. They are also using a villain not used in Raimi's films even though Doc Ock and Green Goblin are Spider-Man's two greatest adversaries and a proper re-telling would need to include Green Goblin and Gwen.

I'm thinking Arad probably sees this as a "continuation" of what was established in Raimi's films by not using the same villains. He might be referring to the fact that, the audience already knows the stories for Goblin, Doc Ock and so on. Why re-use them?

Oh whatever. Whenever something that possibly sounds negative about the movie, you(along with other pre-haters of the movie) try to pull an "I told you so" post like what was said/leaked/rumored was concrete.

The costume still could be the wrestling costume. Making two costumes can be expensive.:o
Again, while I do disagree with it, it is still possible the silver feet things are for stunts or that they're not supposed to be silver at all.

And when has Arad ever been a reliable source of info? Oh that's right, barely ever.

I don't think it is a reboot or a sequel...I think it is something in between like First Class. I think they are going to do their own thing but loosely tie in this movie to things that worked in Raimi's films. Even if this is a full on reboot, they will have loose ties to the first film and they won't negate everything set up in the previous franchise. People saying well Gwen is here and no MJ, this must be a reboot. Well I see no Harry and no Norman either. If this is Peter in High School, where the **** is Harry? Sony would be dumb to completely throw away an entire franchise that isn't even a decade old and they aren't going to do so. They are also using a villain not used in Raimi's films even though Doc Ock and Green Goblin are Spider-Man's two greatest adversaries and a proper re-telling would need to include Green Goblin and Gwen.

So something like it's own standalone film? If that's what you're getting at, that's the idea I'm getting from this film. And for all we know, even though this film may not be a part of Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers, they're probably playing this one a little closer to what the comics had.

Last edited:
LOL! So they're making this a sequel in spirit to the previous films like TIH. I am not surprised in the least.

I don't think it is a reboot or a sequel...I think it is something in between like First Class. I think they are going to do their own thing but loosely tie in this movie to things that worked in Raimi's films. Even if this is a full on reboot, they will have loose ties to the first film and they won't negate everything set up in the previous franchise. People saying well Gwen is here and no MJ, this must be a reboot. Well I see no Harry and no Norman either. If this is Peter in High School, where the **** is Harry?Sony would be dumb to completely throw away an entire franchise that isn't even a decade old and they aren't going to do so. They are also using a villain not used in Raimi's films even though Doc Ock and Green Goblin are Spider-Man's two greatest adversaries and a proper re-telling would need to include Green Goblin and Gwen.
Really? No offense, but you don't know that at all. And besides, that is a false way of looking at it. Nothing is being thrown away. This is a business, pure and simple. The decision to go with a new script, director, cast, costume, even details like...the period it is set in, the webshooters, .. all to set it apart from what has come before, was a business, albeit wiht creative forces involved, decision. Will it negate the previous franchise, no, simply because that is a seperate story arc told by a seperate story teller, they were told to paint a picture of a story and they did. This is another story arc told by another. He is not negating it, simply.. ignoring it, and that isn't a bad or malicious thing, it simply is. The best way to view superhero film franchises seems to be to see them as stand alone Graphic Novels. They use basic canon to inform them, but tell their own self contained stories. Once a story arc is told, it is done. The next person comes in with their own paints, and a new canvas and get to tell their story. There is no need for Sony (or any company) to play (not saying you are- just a generalization) to fan boys sense of the "c" word (continuity) on a constant basis. It's ok to tell new stories that stand on their own. As far as Gobby and Gwen...we have no idea what is in store for the series..who knows, Webb could actually be more faithful to the comics and be setting us for a heartbrake when Gobby does arrive and Gwen is killed. All I am saying is that it's a stand alone series that will go forward, that can't contradict what's come before because it doesn't take place in thatworld. Will the audience get this, probably...maybe not at first, but they will catch on, as well as hear in interviews, print etc something to the effect that "this is an all new telling..blah blah..OUR version....blah blah...". So Avi was "telling the truth...from a certian point of view".

People saying well Gwen is here and no MJ, this must be a reboot. Well I see no Harry and no Norman either. If this is Peter in High School, where the **** is Harry?

In the comics, Pete didn't meet Harry until college. The same is true of Gwen, so I'm not saying this movie is drawing inspiration straight from the pages, but still.

Peter and Harry knew each other in HS in Ultimate I thought. Gwen was there too.

I thought this movie was based off the Ultimate???

I haven't really seen anything that says that definitively. I wouldn't be surprised if they drew some inspiration from it, but I don't see it being essentially "Ultimate Spider-Man: The Movie." If we're lucky, they'll draw inspiration from a variety of (good) sources.

So where is MJ then if this is a continuation?

They didn't necessarily get back together in SM3. They hugged. They can easily write her out, and Gwen was in SM3. So, no MJ means nothing.

MJ went on to have babies with her former boss, Enrique. HELLO>>>MISS WATSON!?

They didn't necessarily get back together in SM3. They hugged. They can easily write her out, and Gwen was in SM3. So, no MJ means nothing.

Did they also go back to high school? Did George Stacy suddenly de-age 20 years? Did Spidey's organic web-shooters suddenly stop working?

There is too much changed to pull this off as a sequel.

Did they also go back to high school? Did George Stacy suddenly de-age 20 years? Did Spidey's organic web-shooters suddenly stop working?

Not in the sense TIH did it. TIH wasn't a sequel, but it did carry over certain elements.

Precisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"