The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beenox just needs to bust their asses to deliver on this game, Arkham City managed to craft a free roam Batman game of sorts all while not taking away from the indoor levels, it all meshed together well. We need that same amount of attention given to Spider-Man. Rockstar has already proved itself, therefore, when they announce a new game, we don't have to worry whether or not it will be something worth playing. I didn't mention this earlier, but back in 2008 when Web of Shadows released, IMO, I feel like Shaba games were trying too hard to go out of their way, the game was free roam, but it suffered from a weak story, some rather insane and downright ridiculous combat for Spidey, and laundry list of other problems, shortly after WoS released, Activision gave Shaba games the boot. Beenox has just a little bit of leg room to work with seeing that they've got one Spidey title under there belt that was accepted pretty well, TASM could very well be the title that grants them a permanent spot.

I think you meant Rocksteady there, lol :woot:

WoS had all sorts of problems, I agree. But as far as I'm aware Shaba never had such a big game to produce. Your first game is a Spidey free roam game? That's a big endeavor. I still think that if Beenox had gone straight for the jugular with a free roam game, they probably would have failed.

Beenox has stated several times that they are indeed 'busting their asses' on this game and I still have yet to see anything that would make me thing otherwise. All things that we've seen so far point to this game being a success. Sure, there's always the possibility it may fail. I'd like to think that Beenox has learned enough from their past games to really make this one shine.

All of the sudden... I'm excited for this. I was just thinking about the fun I had with Spider-Man 2... and all I want from this is to be next gen Spider-Man 2... Minus red balloons. :p

I think you meant Rocksteady there, lol :woot:

WoS had all sorts of problems, I agree. But as far as I'm aware Shaba never had such a big game to produce. Your first game is a Spidey free roam game? That's a big endeavor. I still think that if Beenox had gone straight for the jugular with a free roam game, they probably would have failed.

Beenox has stated several times that they are indeed 'busting their asses' on this game and I still have yet to see anything that would make me thing otherwise. All things that we've seen so far point to this game being a success. Sure, there's always the possibility it may fail. I'd like to think that Beenox has learned enough from their past games to really make this one shine.

lol Rockstar and Rocksteady both proved themselves

All of the sudden... I'm excited for this. I was just thinking about the fun I had with Spider-Man 2... and all I want from this is to be next gen Spider-Man 2... Minus red balloons. :p

Awesome. Yeah, I think it's safe to say that's exactly what we all want. So, what in particular have you seen that's got you all excited?

I still can't believe that there still has not been a Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 where gravity continues to accelerate Spidey the longer he falls. USM, SM3, and Web of Shadows all had you falling at pretty much a constant rate, which was ridiculously boring.
In SM3 gravity has that effect, it's a bug attached to the sky dive side missions, you have to press quick attack to fall faster and do the one swing in those missions. If you press an attack button in the air normally his falling rate accelerates
Likewise, air tricks decelerate

But why wasn't gravity this way in USM and WoS? There was no excuse for them, but I'm not one to mind it

I think part of the problem with the open world Spider-Man games isn't just that free-roaming gets stale, it's that they're always in Manhattan, which really lends itself to getting repetitive from game to game. That's a tough issue, because Spider-Man is so associated with New York City, so how do you set an open world game anywhere else? Where else has enough skyscrapers in a big enough environment to do justice to a good web swinging system? At least other open world games can use different environments from game to game to help keep things fresh.

Batman faces the same problem since Gotham City is his trademark, but so far Rocksteady has done a great job of starting small and building out. Setting the first game on Arkham Island, then expanding the second one to a walled-off section of the city really gave them the ability to manage the scope of those games but still let them have a hub world. Of course, Batman does better in a small environment than Spider-Man.

After all that, I'm still glad that Beenox made Shattered Dimensions a linear game. Hopefully they were able to learn valuable lessons from it and Edge of Time that they have applied to make Amazing a polished product. I just hope the movement is fast and fluid, because Shattered Dimensions never captured that, and even Web of Shadows was too clunky for my tastes. I still can't believe that there still has not been a Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 where gravity continues to accelerate Spidey the longer he falls. USM, SM3, and Web of Shadows all had you falling at pretty much a constant rate, which was ridiculously boring.

Great first couple posts 20glyphs!!! Did you comb through the trailer frame-by-frame to find the Web Rush silhouettes? If so, that's pretty damn intense son. Consider props duly dispensed.:word:

Great first couple posts 20glyphs!!! Did you comb through the trailer frame-by-frame to find the Web Rush silhouettes? If so, that's pretty damn intense son. Consider props duly dispensed.:word:

Not exactly frame by frame. When you hit the left and right arrows in QuickTime you go slowly through the video, but not entirely frame by frame. I like to do it with game trailers to catch little details like that.

New screenshot, I think that's Oscorp to the left of him

476810_10150626584889599_85581019598_9177398_2079886771_o.jpg

^ Nice screenshot. The detail on the suit is great and the little shown of the city in that still, there is also a good amount of detail. I wonder how far along this screenshot is within the build?

Spideys model looks, legen, wait for it, dary. Legendary.

Love it.

It sort of reminds me of the 70s series intro

New screenshot, I think that's Oscorp to the left of him

476810_10150626584889599_85581019598_9177398_2079886771_o.jpg

Notice the clouds in the background. Appparently the weather changes based upon the overall mood of the city. I guess he better quit posing and go swing down there and beat up some thugs or something.

...Until the belt makes an appearance.

I dont really care for the suit at all, so the belt isn't really a problem. In fact, thats a big reason i dont like the suit, there is no belt like design like the classic Spidey suit has.

I don't understand the issues with the suit. Sure, if you dissect almost anything you can find flaws with it. But it looks like Spiderman, is sleek and modern and is faithful enough to the original design that the majority of people won't even notice the difference in design. Works for me. And what's really the problem with the belt? It really only makes sense given the webshooters, and aesthetically it works fine enough not to ruin the entire design of the suit. Seriously, what's the issue with it or the suit in general?

That picture looks pretty incredible though, the detail is impressive, although it's not at full resolution. Still, makes me quite excited for the game. Hopefully it feels as fluid and natural as SM2 did. Hopefully it's somehow better, haha.

I don't understand the issues with the suit. Sure, if you dissect almost anything you can find flaws with it. But it looks like Spiderman, is sleek and modern and is faithful enough to the original design that the majority of people won't even notice the difference in design.

Its still different than the orig suit. The orig suit is best. Its simple. Its effective. This new one is growing on me, but i still dont think they needed to change it.

Its still different than the orig suit. The orig suit is best. Its simple. Its effective. This new one is growing on me, but i still dont think they needed to change it.
The costume designer should have a chance to make it fitting to the world they're creating. This is taking the same basic ideas and allowing a new artist to interpret. Exactly what is so different? I honestly don't see much difference. I just see Spiderman.

Another one

552767_213940438705658_154937027939333_311004_1001937664_n.jpg

Dunno if this one has already been out

480170_213158692117166_154937027939333_309329_1169996242_n.jpg

The top picture; look a few posts above
Second image was posted in the other thread
...Until the belt makes an appearance.
It improves the suit

Be glad we got a character model that they actually took time to make look as close to the film version as possible.
That's cool

U mean unlike that alien looking dude from SM3???
His head is a little large, but there are many humans with similar heads
Alien...bah, you have to find every pointless thing to complain about

I don't understand the issues with the suit. Sure, if you dissect almost anything you can find flaws with it. But it looks like Spiderman, is sleek and modern and is faithful enough to the original design that the majority of people won't even notice the difference in design. Works for me. And what's really the problem with the belt? It really only makes sense given the webshooters, and aesthetically it works fine enough not to ruin the entire design of the suit. Seriously, what's the issue with it or the suit in general?

My views on the suit and belt. :D :up:

The costume designer should have a chance to make it fitting to the world they're creating. This is taking the same basic ideas and allowing a new artist to interpret. Exactly what is so different? I honestly don't see much difference. I just see Spiderman.

I disagree with that. I think they should of kept the classic 616 style. But oh well, no use crying over spilt milk, or ruined costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"