The Atlantean Lounge

slenlksanvlvn Flash is happening!! omfg @Greenlite who is he

this **** is awesome!! Flash is coming!

giphy.gif

i can live without a GLC film tbh, im more excited about Bats and Flash, SS2 and Blue Beetle needs to happen, excited for BOP and Joker, and the sequels WW3 and AM2 are on my wish list so...

Thought this was fascinating. Going to have to check out Once Were Warriors.

The Unintentional In-Joke That Got AQUAMAN’s Biggest Laugh In New Zealand

Great film. I saw it umpteen years ago when it was new to video. It's not a "family film," though it is about a family. Morrison plays an extremely abusive spouse and generally aggressive person. In fact, the synopsis of the incident involving the eggs is somewhat spoilery in light of the characters involved and the finale. But yes, do watch it.

slenlksanvlvn Flash is happening!! omfg @Greenlite who is he

this **** is awesome!! Flash is coming!

giphy.gif

he works in the production settings so gets like casting info and dates for productions etc, so he was spot on with the BOP production, Flash production until trade reported it's delayed, and some character breakdowns for Joker or BOP

I think they're also working hard on Batigirl and Supergirl, which would be awesome for my daughter, would love to see GLC since it'll have the scale of AM and a diverse space cop team would be great, too bad seems nobody wants it since Oct 2017, but Johns is writing the script so maybe he needs to pull the string...I heard they talked to Emily Blunt's hubby and no follow ups since, and obviously McQ was on the list...

we could potentially have such a F up JL team in a few years - Bat, WW, AM, Flash, Shazam, Blue Beetles, Supergirl, Batigirl/BOP, Harley Quinn. lol.

he works in the production settings so gets like casting info and dates for productions etc, so he was spot on with the BOP production, Flash production until trade reported it's delayed, and some character breakdowns for Joker or BOP

I think they're also working hard on Batigirl and Supergirl, which would be awesome for my daughter, would love to see GLC since it'll have the scale of AM and a diverse space cop team would be great, too bad seems nobody wants it since Oct 2017, but Johns is writing the script so maybe he needs to pull the string...I heard they talked to Emily Blunt's hubby and no follow ups since, and obviously McQ was on the list...

we could potentially have such a F up JL team in a few years - Bat, WW, AM, Flash, Shazam, Blue Beetles, Supergirl, Batigirl/BOP, Harley Quinn. lol.

****, im excited, it's good to know they have faith in Flash and Bats

It's too bad that Cyborg is dead. The character was great in JL and I really wanted to see the solo. WB doesn't seem to know which direction they want to go. Maybe one day I'll get the Legion of Doom. But it's clear it won't be anytime soon. They seem to be trying to figure out which characters they want to use.

They don't seem to be interested in my fav, which is superman. And the one I'm most interested in learning about, which is Cyborg. And then my 3rd was to have the universe expanded via GLC

I'll just look at DC as just random movies they're throwing out. But I'll try not to get connected in any meaningful way and just enjoy them movie to movie.

Marvel fans are lucky because they got to see a shared universe with a vision

Im just gonna quote this wise words of @OutOfBoose since that it's exactly how i feel about that :o

Justice League (or any other team-up film for that matter) can have only one style. You can't mesh Nolan, Feige, Deadpool and other styles into one film. The Avengers worked really well because (among other things) it didn't change the style of anything. It followed the cues from Iron Man. They even reworked Hulk to make him fit in. It was consistent with the tone of the universe it developed. That's one of the problems I have with cinematic universes. Too much is sacrificed for stylistic consistency and a large narrative. Movies lose individuality and freedom of expression. They become episodes and elements of a bigger picture. A lot of people are fine with that, but I'm personally just tired of stagnation in MCU. People will probably throw numbers at me - look how people are excited, billion after billion. CM will make a bank. Good for them, I guess. Now Aquaman is a billion film and it certainly looks like everything will be Aquaman-like. Because why the **** not? People are eating it up. Like I read in a number of threads - it's better to have "feeling good" mediocrity several times a year. Yes, Snyder and Ayer failed miserably, but I wish they succeeded in crafting something different or studios didn't stop trying.

I just hope WB let every character have his own personality, so far Batman's Nolans was great as it was, Wonder Woman was great the way it is and AM also works the way it is, i dont want all of them feel like im watching a Thor movie but every time with a new character tbh :o

Im just gonna quote this wise words of @OutOfBoose since that it's exactly how i feel about that :o

I just hope WB let every character have his own personality, so far Batman's Nolans was great as it was, Wonder Woman was great the way it is and AM also works the way it is, i dont want all of them feel like im watching a Thor movie but every time with a new character tbh :o
I get what you're saying. But I don't think you have to sacrifice the individual characters' style. I do think WB is very reactive and now they're all confused. They were probably going to scratch AM after this movie. Luckily, they are forced to not abandon AM and we will get a sequel.

To have a shared universe, WB can do what it does for the TV shows. Each character solos has their own tone. But when they come together, you can pick a tone according to story line... or just go with that of the animation. But have each character maintain their own personality.

JL did well with characterization. The movie wasn't big enough. I really wish it was because then it might have done better. If JL hit a billion, WB would continue with these characters. Then we would see their relationships change & grow. Instead they're dumping some of them and now going all over the place. There are so many good DC characters, but it doesn't mean I want to see them all as soon as possible.

I get what you're saying. But I don't think you have to sacrifice the individual characters' style. I do think WB is very reactive and now they're all confused. They were probably going to scratch AM after this movie. Luckily, they are forced to not abandon AM and we will get a sequel.

To have a shared universe, WB can do what it does for the TV shows. Each character solos has their own tone. But when they come together, you can pick a tone according to story line... or just go with that of the animation. But have each character maintain their own personality.

JL did well with characterization. The movie wasn't big enough. I really wish it was because then it might have done better. If JL hit a billion, WB would continue with these characters. Then we would see their relationships change & grow. Instead they're dumping some of them and now going all over the place. There are so many good DC characters, but it doesn't mean I want to see them all as soon as possible.

Let's wait and see... i can see Shazam! in the same tone as AM, BOP will be like SS, The Batman will be different from those and the Joker film will also have its own tone, so im ok with that, at least they havent turn every superheroe film the same as MCU, that's why i really dont watch Marvel films, once u saw one u already saw everything :o same kiddy approach with lame jokes for teens and kiddos lmao

It's too bad that Cyborg is dead. The character was great in JL and I really wanted to see the solo. WB doesn't seem to know which direction they want to go. Maybe one day I'll get the Legion of Doom. But it's clear it won't be anytime soon. They seem to be trying to figure out which characters they want to use.

They don't seem to be interested in my fav, which is superman. And the one I'm most interested in learning about, which is Cyborg. And then my 3rd was to have the universe expanded via GLC

I'll just look at DC as just random movies they're throwing out. But I'll try not to get connected in any meaningful way and just enjoy them movie to movie.

I honestly think they’ll change their mind again. It just seems like another instant reaction to me. Not every solo character has a premise as ambitious as Aquaman’s and those films will not be doing the same kinds of numbers. WB still needs tentpoles and a successful shared universe means you can take on riskier projects and still give them a good budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"