Sequels The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really, reallly want to see Blonsky again in the MCU, both as the 'super solider' and an upgraded abomination. He's up there as my favorite 'Villain' when he's still in human form, the actor who portrayed him was fantastic. Tim Roth I think?

Masters of evil
1.Baron Zemo
2.The Abomination
3.Scarlet Witch
4.Quicksilver
5.Crossbones
6.Wrecking Crew

I think this group could definitely give the Avengers trouble.

I really, really, reallly want to see Blonsky again in the MCU, both as the 'super solider' and an upgraded abomination. He's up there as my favorite 'Villain' when he's still in human form, the actor who portrayed him was fantastic. Tim Roth I think?

Abomination is abomination. He will not turn back into a super soldier ever

Just had a thought, what if they kinda do te original thunderbolts story with a few changes to fit it into the MCU? Like someone wants to make their own Avengers team to compete with the actual group. And people like Abomination and Crossbones or whoever are on it? Idea I just had reading these last few messages, regardless of if it could work.

Masters of evil
1.Baron Zemo
2.The Abomination
3.Scarlet Witch
4.Quicksilver
5.Crossbones
6.Wrecking Crew

I think this group could definitely give the Avengers trouble.

I wouldn't hold your breath for Wrecking Crew. imo on the same level as asking to see the Serpent Society or Mandrill.

very unlikely.

Ah,I finally caught up. I've wanted to post this for a while :highfive:

[YT]d90ee_aOXrI[/YT]

Repercussions from IM3:

-Tony's decision at the end
-AIM
-Brain slot which "destined" to evolve humans

Anyone can think of anymore?

I'm thinking we will get a more serious Tony Stark like the 616 comic.

OMG :D :D Roger Wardell tweets :D :D

"Marvel Studios and Joss Whedon is in the process of storyboarded a sequence in The Avengers 2 involving a large-scale prison escape."

"Kang the Conquerer is the current topic of discussion over at Marvel Studios"

"The villains in The Avengers 2 will not be referred to as The Masters of Evil."

"Joss Whedon will make the villains remind you of The Liberators."

Means: We can have a Defenders movie?
I hope not Kang,too soon.

Abomination is abomination. He will not turn back into a super soldier ever

aw man.. really?? well that bums me out. Abomination is 1000x less cool than Blonsky lol.

Yea, really, he doesn't get stronger as he gets madder and he's stuck butt ugly. But he gets to keep his level of intelligence from before the transformation as I recall

Wasn't there a deleted scene from The Incredible Hulk which had Blonsky locked up?

Repercussions from IM3:

-Tony's decision at the end
-AIM
-Brain slot which "destined" to evolve humans

Anyone can think of anymore?
Could be a reach, but what about the fact that [BLACKOUT]Killian, you know, the head of AIM, had his brain completely mapped out? Possibly portending MODOK! Of course, MODOK's cartoony-ness ought to be toned down a notch (or thousand) but it could work for a future film.[/BLACKOUT]

And besides, the villain is going to be Thanos: Starlin confirmed that he reached a financial agreement with Marvel to license Thanos for GOTG and TA2. Considering he nearly filed a lawsuit against them for using Thanos in TA2, it seems very unlikely that they will renege on the agreement; or, if they did, that Starlin would keep quiet about it, considering he went public with his frustration with Thanos' usage in the first place.

Except that:

a) Whedon already said Thanos won't be in Avengers 2 and hinted that he'd be the villain for 3

and

b) Starlin himself said that his comment about Thanos being used in GotG/Avengers 2 shouldn't be taken literally because he isn't privy to creative decisions.

Joss never said Thanos wouldn't be in Avengers 2. In fact he pretty much said he would be. :/

He'll probably be in at least a bit but won't be the big bad just yet. 3 will probably have the face off against him.

Joss never said Thanos wouldn't be in Avengers 2. In fact he pretty much said he would be. :/

He said Thanos is someone you save for the "big finale." I don't think Avengers 2 is intended to be the big finale of Marvel's franchises.

You also can't up the ante behind Thanos. If Thanos is in Avengers 2, they have nowhere to go but down for Avengers 3.

He said Thanos is someone you save for the "big finale." I don't think Avengers 2 is intended to be the big finale of Marvel's franchises.

You also can't up the ante behind Thanos. If Thanos is in Avengers 2, they have nowhere to go but down for Avengers 3.
He also said "he's definitely a part of what I've got going on". Listen to the whole thing dude. He can be in Avengers 2 and still be the main threat in Avengers 3, if that's what Whedon means by the "big finale". And if you think they can't follow up on Thanos you just don't know what you're talking about. Thanos wasn't even one of the Avengers' most recognizable or best villains until he showed up in the movie last year. His finest moment is Infinity Gauntlet, which is just about on par, if that, with every other big villain the Avengers go up against. Thanos just has a bit more depth because of how devious he is.

aw man.. really?? well that bums me out. Abomination is 1000x less cool than Blonsky lol.

yeah, abomination has always been sorta lame. He starts off stronger than hulk, but hulk always manages to beat him, usually with minimum effort. In fact, pretty sure in abominations first appearance, thor gave him a solid beat down

He also said "he's definitely a part of what I've got going on". Listen to the whole thing dude. He can be in Avengers 2 and still be the main threat in Avengers 3, if that's what Whedon means by the "big finale". And if you think they can't follow up on Thanos you just don't know what you're talking about. Thanos wasn't even one of the Avengers' most recognizable or best villains until he showed up in the movie last year. His finest moment is Infinity Gauntlet, which is just about on par, if that, with every other big villain the Avengers go up against. Thanos just has a bit more depth because of how devious he is.

I agree with this to an extent...as an avengers villain, yeah, but thanos as a villain over all, in my opinion, is better than all the avengers villains

Hopefully Thor's treated with as much importance as Cap and IM this time around.

Last edited:
All I know, Thor better be treated with as much importance as Cap and IM in A2.
Yeah, I want to see a lot more of Thor in the next one.

As of late, it's always Cap and IM at the forefront in media due to them being such polar opposites. Thor is just the boisterous noble member of the team, kind of the one to knock sense into them when they get into it.

Hopefully Thor's treated with as much importance as Cap and IM this time around.

I assume (and kind of hope) they're going to start molding Cap into the no.1 spot in the MCU and public's eyes since Tony's story is for the most part over, sans Avengers 2 and possibly 3. I'd love to see Thor be that main focus, but I think Cap is the more logical choice. Thor should be second in command for sure though!

Well I hope that he's allowed to use more of his flashier looking attacks this time around and that we don't have to wait like nearly an hour before seeing him on screen. His ST should definitely be increased within the sequel.

Why wouldn't he be?

Because he wasn't in The Avengers, Thor had less screentime than Banner and Black Widow.

As of late, it's always Cap and IM at the forefront in media due to them being such polar opposites. Thor is just the boisterous noble member of the team, kind of the one to knock sense into them when they get into it.

Well originally it was the "Big Three" not the "Big Two, so I'd like for them to go back to that.

Well I hope that he's allowed to use more of his flashier looking attacks this time around and that we don't have to wait like nearly an hour before seeing him on screen. His ST should definitely be increased within the sequel.

Yeah Thor was a bit reserved in TA, hopefully Whedon allows him to flex his powers more in the sequel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"