The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by Thread Manager, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

With the Ronan rumor in GotG, I'm starting to wonder if they're going to have the Kree going after Wakanda's Vibranium in A2. That would lay the groundwork for getting Ms. Marvel in the mix eventually. Wanda and Pietro could be AIM agents (with their powers unlocked by the brain slot) trying to steal the vibranium as well.

2. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

When did the Kree go after Wakanda's Vibranium?

3. jonathancrane

jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

If the rumour turns out to be true, I understand the reason for BP's inclusion...but, will be disappointed/irritated that Ant-Man will not have a presence in the film.

4. Mr. Dent

He's getting an entire movie. :/

5. jonathancrane

Yes, but it would be nice to see him in an Avengers film, considering he was one of the founding members.

6. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

This movie sounds freaking packed. I hope Joss can juggle everything

7. Mr. Dent

SW/QS as villains and Black Panther being T'Chaka and summoning the Avengers to Wakanda sounds right.

8. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

But even then you've got (potential) cosmic stuff, all the effects from TWS ([BLACKOUT]Fury being on the run, Pierce[/BLACKOUT]) and whatever else they bring in.

And if the villains are the MoE.

And if the Guardians pop up.

9. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

They didn't that I know of. No one said every movie had to be based on a specific arc. Weren't the Kree interested in our resources at one point? I can't remember.

10. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

In the Ultimate Avengers 2 cartoon, it's the Chitauri going after the vibranium in Wakanda and T'Challa calls on the Avengers. Since the first movie was kinda influenced by UA, I wonder if it'll be the same for the second.

Possibly swapping Chitauri for Kree and Ant-Man/Wasp for the Maximoff's

11. TheHeatKitchen

TheHeatKitchen Well-Known Member

AIM hires SW and QS as "bounty hunters" and send them to Wakanda to obtain Vibranium.
    T'Chaka is killed.
    In his dying words, he tells T'Challa about Nick Fury.
    T'Challa seeks out Fury's help, SHIELD sends Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye to stop the threat and capture SW and QS.
    They succeed, interrogate the twins and discover who hired them, and the larger plan AIM has in mind.... (Though of course, that's not THE big plan, as they are also being used by HYDRA, which SW and QS don't know about).

12. T"Challa

T"Challa Well-Known Member

I don't know if i wan't to see T'Chaka die in an Avengers film. That event is central to the BP mythos and needs to be in a solo BP movie. Thats like saying you would have Thomas Wayne die in a Justice League movie.

13. TheHeatKitchen

TheHeatKitchen Well-Known Member

I can understand that from the idea that T'Chaka's death is very important to the T'Challa story. But Batman is a much more iconic character on a mainstream level than Black Panther. What if Black Panther doesn't get his own movie?

14. T"Challa

T"Challa Well-Known Member

I'm all for introducing T'Challa in Avengers 2, but i just feel like u have to leave T'Chaka's death out of it. Its just too important to the BP story regardless of his mainstream status. This movie will have too much going on, and the death will have to be glossed over. I'll understand if they do it but i think its a bad idea.

15. jonathancrane

The death could occur offscreen/before the start of the film and be expanded on in a solo film.

16. bubbadoom

bubbadoom Well-Known Member

Plus T'Chaka needs to die by the hand of Klaw - that's the set up for the BP first and best villain,...

17. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Don't want to get my hopes up but things do seem to be pointing toward a Panther inclusion. I said after Avengers that I wanted BP and a female superhero, preferably Carol or Wanda, in the sequel, getting both would be :awesome:

They could just not acknowledge T'Chaka in this movie, and save that for a solo, with T'Challa as BP from minute 1. I think having whoever the film's villain is kill off T'Chaka in the film's opening would work too.

18. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

What if maybe in A2 we see an older (40s-50s) T'Chaka summon the Avengers to help and he has a teenage son that will be around 18-20 when he could get his own movie. I wouldn't mind that

19. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

I would. T'Challa is the Black Panther I want to see, couldn't care less about T'Chaka. A whole movie of T'Chaka as BP means one less movie with T'Challa as BP

20. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

If Black panther is in it i will be very very happy. :) As long as its T'Challa. Wouldnt even mind if T'Chaka died in A2. That would take up time though.

21. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

so was Janet.

22. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Avengers 2 should have a totally new roster consisting of Dr. Druid, Triathlon, Silverclaw, Two Gun Kid and The Forgotten One.

23. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

If T'Challa showed up in TA2 I could see them showing T'Chaka get killed in the prologue of the movie, kicking off the plot in whatever way (most likely setting up the threat).

If BP is in this, there's a helluva lotta characters to balance. I figure we'll see SHIELD fade into the background this go around, which I'd prefer.

Also, if they do end up battling MoE, who would everyone here like to see on the roster?

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  24. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Trevor
    :awesome:

25. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Makes sense, would help to skip yet another time-wasting origin film, immediately involves T'Challa and the death of the King of Wakanda would be a major world event and plot point in itself.

I think BP is a guy who's best introduced first, then gets a movie if he proves popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.