Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading it takes place after Infinity War. I'm sure there are some flashback scenes though.

That leads me to believe nothing crazy will be happening on Earth in between A3 and A4. I never really expected the iconic finger snap scene to happen, but always thought there'd be some sort of lingering devastation. Maybe just a big character death or two.

That leads me to believe nothing crazy will be happening on Earth in between A3 and A4. I never really expected the iconic finger snap scene to happen, but always thought there'd be some sort of lingering devastation. Maybe just a big character death or two.
We know Captain Marvel is a prequel. I believe Ant-Man and Wasp will be right after Cap frees him and the others in CW.

It would be weird for Hope and Pym to call Scott and tell him to help them. Thanos and his crew will be wrecking the world. It is far more important to defeat him. Scott would also have to travel a long distance.

Only way I see Ant-Man and Wasp happening at the same time is if he is in the opening 20 minutes before things go down. He can receive the call to leave so when Thanos and company show up he is already gone.

It would be weird for Hope and Pym to call Scott and tell him to help them. Thanos and his crew will be wrecking the world.

We don't actually know that. We know Thanos and his people attack Wakanda and that the Black Order fight Vision and Scarlet Witch in whatever city the Scotland shoot is taking place in. It does not seem like there is gonna be some massive invasion of Earth going on other than surgical strikes in a few key locations.

Only way I see Ant-Man and Wasp happening at the same time is if he is in the opening 20 minutes before things go down.

Who is to say it isn't happening after Infinity War?

We don't actually know that. We know Thanos and his people attack Wakanda and that the Black Order fight Vision and Scarlet Witch in whatever city the Scotland shoot is taking place in. It does not seem like there is gonna be some massive invasion of Earth going on other than surgical strikes in a few key locations.
Based on the set photos and the leaked trailer it looks like the key locations they attack are New York, Wakanda and somewhere in Europe wherever Scarlet Witch and Vision are hiding. It definitely doesn't seem like a global invasion though.

It's definitely possible. Didn't the first Ant-Man take place right after Ultron?

Last edited:

Well yes they attack those specific areas, but Thanos is a threat to the entire universe. I don't think he will just get the stones and be contempt staring at them all day.

If it is after it would still feel a bit weird, but he can say he is checking on his family. IMO I think Thanos wins in IWs so the heroes will have to band together and figure out a plan. Perhaps his plan is to get Hope she will appear in A4.

It's definitely possible. Didn't the first Ant-Man take place right after Ultron?
Yes because he went to Avenger base and Falcon was already established.

During AoU Ant-Man was not a hero so it is not the same in that case. With his skills he would be part of the gameplan in some way against Thanos & Black Order.

For all we know Earth may be fine between A3 and A4 with the exceptions of those couple areas we see in the trailer, like Wakanda. So it seems Earth likely won't be in any immediate danger on a global scale until A4.

For all we know Earth may be fine between A3 and A4 with the exceptions of those couple areas we see in the trailer, like Wakanda. So it seems Earth likely won't be in any immediate danger on a global scale until A4.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it ends with Thanos getting some of the stones but not all, and the final battle happens in A4.

Well yes they attack those specific areas, but Thanos is a threat to the entire universe. I don't think he will just get the stones and be contempt staring at them all day.
Well they are pretty. :yay:

From what Brolin has said, Thanos might not even get all the Stones during the first movie anyway.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/168...-the-infinity-stones-in-avengers-infinity-war

When asked if Thanos will put all six Stones into the Gauntlet in Infinity War, Brolin said:

"There's a few in there, and he's always pining to get another one in there. So ultimately we don't know. I haven't done the second movie, so I don't know."

Nebula will have a role, not the gauntlet, but something to complete her arc. Her and Gamora and something to do with getting back at Thanos for treating them like toys/slaves/weapons their entire childhood. She could provide a key distraction, or do something tactical that is intricate to Thanos losing.

Nebula will have a role, not the gauntlet, but something to complete her arc. Her and Gamora and something to do with getting back at Thanos for treating them like toys/slaves/weapons their entire childhood. She could provide a key distraction, or do something tactical that is intricate to Thanos losing.
I think Nebula and Gamora will complete their arc together, whatever that is to be.

Thanos claimed that Gamora was his favorite daughter. So it will be interesting to see how this confrontation plays out.

We know Captain Marvel is a prequel. I believe Ant-Man and Wasp will be right after Cap frees him and the others in CW.

It would be weird for Hope and Pym to call Scott and tell him to help them. Thanos and his crew will be wrecking the world. It is far more important to defeat him. Scott would also have to travel a long distance.

Only way I see Ant-Man and Wasp happening at the same time is if he is in the opening 20 minutes before things go down. He can receive the call to leave so when Thanos and company show up he is already gone.

It'll be interesting to see, since Michelle Pfeiffer was cast, if huge portions of Ant-Man and the Wasp take place in the Cold War era. I'm kinda intrigued

I think Nebula and Gamora will complete their arc together, whatever that is to be.

Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nebula were one of the characters to bite it in these two movies.

Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nebula were one of the characters to bite it in these two movies.
Possibly yeah. She might be done in Guardians films now. I'm pretty happy with what they've done with her so far and if she does go out here it would be an appropriate time against Thanos and hopefully she gets a good sendoff.

There may be a revenge element to that...I can see it. However, Nebula, I sense, has an agenda of her own...I still think there's an element of untrustworthy there.

It'll be interesting to see, since Michelle Pfeiffer was cast, if huge portions of Ant-Man and the Wasp take place in the Cold War era. I'm kinda intrigued
Along with the subatomic realm if they go save her or have to fight something chasing her when she escaped.

Mar-Vell to have a role in Captain Marvel?

https://mcuexchange.com/exclusive-new-details-captain-marvel-revealed/

So where has Carol been all this time? We are told that the comments by Marvel Stuido’s physics consultant, Dr. Spiros Michalakis, about the Quantum Realm playing a major part in Captain Marvel have an awful lot to do with where she’s been and why she sat out the events of Infinity War. With Captain Marvel releasing between Infinity War and the as-yet-untitled Avengers 4, we believe we have an answer to Danvers’ location and see her return to join the fray in Avengers 4.
Long time members of the Carol Corps are going to love the way the story pays homage to her long history. *We know the Kree will have a large presence in the film and, according to the source, the film will absolutely include the Kree hero Mar-Vell!*It’s well-established in Marvel Cinematic Universe mythology that the Kree have been to Earth before, so we aren’t surprised to find out that Mar-Vell might have been on Earth in the past to observe and report on the activities of humans especially given that film’s plot is expected to be driven by the longstanding Kree-Skrull war.
Though we don’t know if we’ll be seeing him on Earth as Dr. Lawson, we are told to expect to see a version of the Psyche-Magnitron accident from the comics and that accident will be responsible for altering her DNA and giving her powers. Furthermore, we are told that her unique half-Kree/half-human DNA will be used to explain why she hasn’t appeared to age since her disappearance, meaning they won’t need to age/de-age Brie Larson.* Just like Thor and the Asgardians before her, Carol won’t necessarily age in the MCU.
Additionally and in somewhat of a surprising move, the earliest drafts of the script include references to her functioning as Ms. Marvel and that there will be a version of her early Ms. Marvel costume seen onscreen. Marvel Studios have been great about updating classic looks that respect the mythology without causing too much controversy and we expect something similar will be done here.

Mar-Vell to have a role in Captain Marvel?

https://mcuexchange.com/exclusive-new-details-captain-marvel-revealed/

So where has Carol been all this time? We are told that the comments by Marvel Stuido’s physics consultant, Dr. Spiros Michalakis, about the Quantum Realm playing a major part in Captain Marvel have an awful lot to do with where she’s been and why she sat out the events of Infinity War. With Captain Marvel releasing between Infinity War and the as-yet-untitled Avengers 4, we believe we have an answer to Danvers’ location and see her return to join the fray in Avengers 4.
Long time members of the Carol Corps are going to love the way the story pays homage to her long history. *We know the Kree will have a large presence in the film and, according to the source, the film will absolutely include the Kree hero Mar-Vell!*It’s well-established in Marvel Cinematic Universe mythology that the Kree have been to Earth before, so we aren’t surprised to find out that Mar-Vell might have been on Earth in the past to observe and report on the activities of humans especially given that film’s plot is expected to be driven by the longstanding Kree-Skrull war.
Though we don’t know if we’ll be seeing him on Earth as Dr. Lawson, we are told to expect to see a version of the Psyche-Magnitron accident from the comics and that accident will be responsible for altering her DNA and giving her powers. Furthermore, we are told that her unique half-Kree/half-human DNA will be used to explain why she hasn’t appeared to age since her disappearance, meaning they won’t need to age/de-age Brie Larson.* Just like Thor and the Asgardians before her, Carol won’t necessarily age in the MCU.
Additionally and in somewhat of a surprising move, the earliest drafts of the script include references to her functioning as Ms. Marvel and that there will be a version of her early Ms. Marvel costume seen onscreen. Marvel Studios have been great about updating classic looks that respect the mythology without causing too much controversy and we expect something similar will be done here.

Oh my. Cant wait to see a teaser next year

Hope we see more on set action during those and get more clues about what might be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"