The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it could work if the World Serpent was unleashed in the movie the way he was in "The Ultimates 2", when Loki summoned him specifically to help after Thor showed up with the Asgardians.

That ting is evil looking... I just hope it takes alot to take it down.

ANd I hope it isn't too huge

Again I really think it can be both creatures in a way, especially if we end up knowing it as the Leviathan. I think it's a safe bet it represents Jormundgand, or something from Norse mythology like Nidhogg at first, which Loki summons. It could still be used to refer to both characters if it uses traits from each. And if they make a habit of referring to it as Leviathan that would give them something else to call it instead of Fin Fang Foom or Jormungandr. I'm still thinking Loki or Thor will for sure at least say, or suggest it's the Midgard serpent. Or they'll reveal that the Midgard serpent was part of the Makluan species and FFF awakens because the other one's been awakened/defeated or whatever. Maybe Loki summons more than one monster/dragon. That post did say giant monsters... maybe Hulk gets his own to fight while Iron Man and Thor take on the more aerial based one.
All I'm saying is for movie purposes Midgard serpent might= Fin Fang Foom
with some slight redesigning.

This is how I could see it going:
I don't really think it would have a huge role in IM3 unless War Machine has to fight it in the finale. It could basically just stay hidden in a ten rings cave that seems to contain strange extraterrestrial ruins. It's revealed to still be alive, recuperating here, disguised among the ruins. Ten rings stumbles upon it and in a major twist the Leviathan/Serpent-Foom hybrid reveals it's from the intelligent Makluan species. They now have a common enemy in Tony Stark/Avengers so they begin the assault on Stark's company. Leviathan hands over a piece of alien technology stored in the ruins that he imbues with its own power(not the actual rings in this case), and entrusts it to the ten rings organization, remaining in the cave or doing lots of shapeshifting to hide throughout the film. Those dragons once took human forms in order to hide too, but I think that here the ability is passed to Ghost while Mandarin figures out how to adapt some of the other powers for the ten rings group before the finale. Leviathan could just stay in the cave, and is really using Mandarin/Ghost to get back at the Avengers through Tony's company. And if they merge the characters then they get the best of both worlds and never have to stray from the Norse mythology. They can just say it was the same dragons worshipped in ancient times in Asia.

I just think it'll have some shapeshifting/other magic abilities that will somehow get transferred to the tech Mandarin and Ghost use, allowing Ghost to rearrange his particles with Mandarin's technology to turn himself invisible or intangible, but not at the same time(a result of trying to make the battle suit invisible with the shape shifting magic). Ghost would go around invisible, and walking through walls and having Tony's blasts pass right through him. Stealing any tech they want. Causing all sorts of things. Hammer could be involved in some way, and then a powered up Mandarin emerges at the end, with or without Leviathan at his side.

Last edited:
Just saw this online and had to comment...

tumblr_ltr3ryTk621r03eggo3_250.gif

RUFFALOL!

Indeed; and just to summarize things up:

1. The Cosmic Cube that Odin left in Norway (which was the site of his arrival when combating against the Frost Giants) is the place that the Red Skull infiltrated and seized in order to capture the object.

2. Howard Stark; father of Tony Stark (Iron Man) was an ally to Captain America and helped develop his arsenal.

3. The vials of blood that were taken from Steve Rogers were most likely used to create the serum that Blonsky had used in order to combat against the Hulk

4. Erik Selvig who was a part of the group that had discovered and taken Thor in during his brief time on earth is also associated with Bruce Banner; and Jane Foster supposedly works at the same university that "The Leader" does (or was it the one that Betty Ross worked at?)

5. Tony Stark used the basis and alloy of Captain America's Shield in order to create the metal for his armor.

Gotta love on how things are subtly connected to each other.
i've said this before so ill say it again as it pertains to your post. im guessing the tech that makes the heli carrier fly is based on howard starks hover tech. he showed it in the world expo.

^ That is truly amazing. I'm always impressed when subtle Easter eggs like that are found. I never catch details like that.

A few people mentioned seeing that when the movie came out.

I think they were referring to the screen Zola was on while looking into a different camera when he first showed up.

No I remember people mentioning this particular scene with the shuffling of the papers. Most people noticed the screen scene.

Actually, its on page 5 of the Cap Easter eggs.

Last edited:
showing stan lee's superhumans, about to show a real life hawkeye!

Again I really think it can be both creatures in a way, especially if we end up knowing it as the Leviathan. I think it's a safe bet it represents Jormundgand, or something from Norse mythology like Nidhogg at first, which Loki summons. It could still be used to refer to both characters if it uses traits from each. And if they make a habit of referring to it as Leviathan that would give them something else to call it instead of Fin Fang Foom or Jormungandr. I'm still thinking Loki or Thor will for sure at least say, or suggest it's the Midgard serpent. Or they'll reveal that the Midgard serpent was part of the Makluan species and FFF awakens because the other one's been awakened/defeated or whatever. Maybe Loki summons more than one monster/dragon. That post did say giant monsters... maybe Hulk gets his own to fight while Iron Man and Thor take on the more aerial based one.
All I'm saying is for movie purposes Midgard serpent might= Fin Fang Foom
with some slight redesigning.

This is how I could see it going:
I don't really think it would have a huge role in IM3 unless War Machine has to fight it in the finale. It could basically just stay hidden in a ten rings cave that seems to contain strange extraterrestrial ruins. It's revealed to still be alive, recuperating here, disguised among the ruins. Ten rings stumbles upon it and in a major twist the Leviathan/Serpent-Foom hybrid reveals it's from the intelligent Makluan species. They now have a common enemy in Tony Stark/Avengers so they begin the assault on Stark's company. Leviathan hands over a piece of alien technology stored in the ruins that he imbues with its own power(not the actual rings in this case), and entrusts it to the ten rings organization, remaining in the cave or doing lots of shapeshifting to hide throughout the film. Those dragons once took human forms in order to hide too, but I think that here the ability is passed to Ghost while Mandarin figures out how to adapt some of the other powers for the ten rings group before the finale. Leviathan could just stay in the cave, and is really using Mandarin/Ghost to get back at the Avengers through Tony's company. And if they merge the characters then they get the best of both worlds and never have to stray from the Norse mythology. They can just say it was the same dragons worshipped in ancient times in Asia.

I just think it'll have some shapeshifting/other magic abilities that will somehow get transferred to the tech Mandarin and Ghost use, allowing Ghost to rearrange his particles with Mandarin's technology to turn himself invisible or intangible, but not at the same time(a result of trying to make the battle suit invisible with the shape shifting magic). Ghost would go around invisible, and walking through walls and having Tony's blasts pass right through him. Stealing any tech they want. Causing all sorts of things. Hammer could be involved in some way, and then a powered up Mandarin emerges at the end, with or without Leviathan at his side.

I agree with you....sounds like a great storyline to me.
And yeah, I think "Leviathan" *will* wind up being a hybrid of Jormungandr and Foom, with only a single mention (if any) of those actual names. What viewers will take away is that this is a giant sea serpent of ancient myth, rooted in the Norse mythos in particular, who actually turns out to be an "ancient astronaut" of sorts, a Makluan, with the requisite connect to Mandarin's Ten Rings in IM3.

Also, while we're on the subject of battling sea serpents: I know there's not a chance in hell we'll see any sort of cameo, but I'd just *luh-huv* to see some sort of off-the-cuff reference to an undersea anomaly or sonar reading that hints at Atlantis and Namor.

I wouldn't have people get there hopes up on the Foomer... If he's ever in a movie I truly believe he will be in appearance only... they're not going to explain his race or alien lineage...

if he's not a hybrid with the Migard Serpent (which would work perfectly, especially because he'd still technically be an alien at least) then I could see him just be "nodded" to with sculptures and such with Mandarin...

I agree with you....sounds like a great storyline to me.
And yeah, I think "Leviathan" *will* wind up being a hybrid of Jormungandr and Foom, with only a single mention (if any) of those actual names. What viewers will take away is that this is a giant sea serpent of ancient myth, rooted in the Norse mythos in particular, who actually turns out to be an "ancient astronaut" of sorts, a Makluan, with the requisite connect to Mandarin's Ten Rings in IM3.

Also, while we're on the subject of battling sea serpents: I know there's not a chance in hell we'll see any sort of cameo, but I'd just *luh-huv* to see some sort of off-the-cuff reference to an undersea anomaly or sonar reading that hints at Atlantis and Namor.

Thanks, I don't do it justice because I really can't tell exactly how the powers would work. It would be so great to see some reference to Namor if the creature is summoned from the bottom of the ocean. It's a stretch but I could see them tieing it in some way. If it's done well it could tie a lot of things together. Marvel could be planning this all several steps ahead, it probably takes a lot of planning to integrate all these things together in the film verse in a realistic way, which is why I think the creature will be taken down relatively quickly in Avengers only to return in Iron Man 3 and still be left somewhat ambiguous. That way it's all the more revealing when we see it return briefly, and then maybe later as a more fully realized character. I think the thing will hide behind the scenes with Mandarin after Avengers, and disappears after Iron Man 3. Tony finds out something is up but doesn't find out how the Mandarin/Ghost got their abilities. It could return later for a Ragnarok storyline or maybe even just die as it passes on its abilities to the ten rings. Edit: it might also appear to be dieing in the cave or in the Avengers but then vanishes, and really travels to another realm we haven't seen yet.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have people get there hopes up on the Foomer... If he's ever in a movie I truly believe he will be in appearance only... they're not going to explain his race or alien lineage...

if he's not a hybrid with the Migard Serpent (which would work perfectly, especially because he'd still technically be an alien at least) then I could see him just be "nodded" to with sculptures and such with Mandarin...

Agreed. Something like the statues would work really well too. They probably won't spell things out or go into depth about his species, that way it would be up to us fans to infer. If they do they could suggest that it's also Foom somehow through the appearance, and having the creature display intelligence or retreat to the site of extraterrestrial ruins.

Weighing in on the 'Leviathan' issue, I'm leaning more towards a version of Fin Fang Foom.

The gun weaponry seen used by the invading force on set suggests that at least part of LOKI's army are straightforward alien beings with alternate/advanced technology.

This would correlate well with this and could be used to establish links with IRON MAN III wrt the Mandarin and his Makluan ring technology.

I agree :up:

So.... We have Loki team-up with Thanos, the Skrulls and Fin Fang Foom.... What's next? The Beyonder?

I know, it look's like Loki is really gonna go all out in this film. :woot:

Last edited:
if the levaithan is foom/migard serpent... i think that means we're less likely to see Skrulls and Thanos, and more likely that the "aliens" are all Asgardian (trolls, elves, etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"