• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should make him more ambiguous. Jason Aaron's recent work with him was great. Focusing on him suffering from PTSD from Vietnam, and hinting at the fact that Frank's family dying was not only terrible for him, but also kind of a relief, because it allowed him to continue his "war". He couldn't readjust to a normal family life, like many war vets, so their death freed him of trying to keep the happy family man act up.

For me that makes Frank Castle infinitely more interesting than the cliche guy after revenge because of something bad happening to his family.

It's still generic, to me. It makes him special in the comics, but there are still tons of those kinds of characters in the movies.

True. It's just an inherent problem with the character in terms of movie adaptations.

The only thing that would make him unique is having him fight actual superhero/villains. We haven't seen much of that in movies. Humans fighting supervillains and actually winning.

I recently looked at a few of the successful summer blockbusters in recent years and checked their release dates in relation to the release of their trailers. What I found was that the final/main theatrical trailer was usually released 2 - 2 1/2 months prior to the release date.

Extrapolating from this and assuming that the next trailer will be the last (?) this suggests that THE AVENGERS trailer will be released between February 19th and March 4th.

I recently looked at a few of the successful summer blockbusters in recent years and checked their release dates in relation to the release of their trailers. What I found was that the final/main theatrical trailer was usually released 2 - 2 1/2 months prior to the release date.

Extrapolating from this and assuming that the next trailer will be the last (?) this suggests that THE AVENGERS trailer will be released between February 19th and March 4th.

i am sure we will get it before that....the only question that remains is, will it be before super bowl or after...

Am I the only one who thinks the next trailer will be attached to Ghost Rider 2?

i think they will release the new international one(rumoured to be the jap one), followed by an awesome superbowl ad. Now what im still wondering is if they will release trailer 2 before or after the super bowl.

people say that they wont release it till after, but they way i see it is; people are gonna see the super bowl ad then go online to look for a full trailer...I think marvel risks losing some of the superbowlhype if they still only have the mediocre trailer 1 to back it up with online when the superbowl ad hits

umm...if Iron Man knocks Hulk on his ass I'm going to NOT QUIETLY get up and walk out of the theatre...Unless he has Hulkbuster armor on this is just ridiculous

Alright come on, if he gives Hulk a full blast in the face with his Uni-Beam it should at least knock him off balance...

I'm not expecting a trailer till after the Super Bowl spot. My guess is it will be attached to John Carter, which is disneys first big money movie of the yeAr

From the new Entertainment Weekly:

Joss: "I set out with a very simple problem: There is no reason for these people to be in the same movie. So that's what my movie has to be about. So much of the movie takes place from Steve Rogers' perspective, since he's the guy who just woke up and sees this weird ass world. Everyone else has been living in it."

umm...if Iron Man knocks Hulk on his ass I'm going to NOT QUIETLY get up and walk out of the theatre...Unless he has Hulkbuster armor on this is just ridiculous

If he can fly through the wing of a jet and blow up a tank I'm pretty sure he can atleast knock Hulk off his feet since both of those things weigh alot more than Hulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"