The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once had an opinion I kept to myself because I knew it would be shunned, and I don't blame people for thinking this because I myself saw how it could fail horribly especially for a first Avengers film. But I thought the story should have been told from the perspective of Hawkeye who is the character who has had the least time on screen.

Lmfao!

Seriously though, there are people on the GL board placing that movie over the first 2 Raimi Spider-Man films! That is absolutely absurd! That's why a valid explanation is vital and needed.

I'm pretty sure it's just because Green Lantern is their favorite character. That & DC fans don't get alot of different characters on the big screen like us Marvel fans do. I feel bad for them that WB & DC are incompetent assclowns.

I once had an opinion I kept to myself because I knew it would be shunned, and I don't blame people for thinking this because I myself saw how it could fail horribly especially for a first Avengers film. But I thought the story should have been told from the perspective of Hawkeye who is the character who has had the least time on screen.
I'd LOVE to see this. But I might be biased since Clint's my 4th favorite superhero.

So this in essence can be played as Cap 2 and is why we haven't had a straight sequel to Cap announced. Just an idea.

He talks about all of them with FilmInk magazine. I'm sure you can imagine why he can't say much about Hulk...yet.

I'm gonna just stop myself with continuing because I have a feeling someone is going to jump down my throat and take my post about this out of context.

Oh and I do agree with your post btw :up:

Last edited:
It was actually the director/scriptwriter of the film Andrew Stanton who made that decision. I'm pretty sure he can be classed as a "movie person". And as I mentioned earlier, they - or he - did it for a legitimate reason: in order to appeal to a broader audience. He does state though that "Mars" would be added in any future sequels if they get the chance. And as far as LoR goes, the franchise didn't have the problem so there was no need to change it. If it had kept the story, but was named "Lord of the Fairies" or whatever, then yeah, they'd change it too.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12...-john-carter-of-mars-became-just-john-carter/
Stanton's making all that up. It was an executive decision above his.

From the new Entertainment Weekly:

Joss: "I set out with a very simple problem: There is no reason for these people to be in the same movie. So that's what my movie has to be about. So much of the movie takes place from Steve Rogers' perspective, since he's the guy who just woke up and sees this weird ass world. Everyone else has been living in it."
Soudns fantastic, IMO. :up:

I'm ok with that news that the film is going to be from Cap's pov much of the time, but personally I wouldn't like the film to be from ANY single characters point of view (yes, even Thor's).

Besides, if you read Joss Whedon's interviews it's pretty obvious who's point of view the film is going to focus on.

Last edited:
That makes total sense, especially with Cap's movie being the last one released. And with the last scene in his movie with him waking up I'm guessing the Avengers will pick up not long after that.

I'm gonna just stop myself with continuing because I have a feeling someone is going to jump doen my throat and take my post about this out of context.

Lol, BigTHOR. We know what your thinking without you needing to post.

Everything I've heard about this film so far has been greatly satisfying. Great signs.

Yeah.

I actually really like that the point of view will be from Cap. That's pretty great.

We're kind of in his shoes in a way so it'll be a good way to guide us through this now intermixed world.

That really works out well especially since my order of watching the MCU movies is IM, IM2, Thor, TIH, & then Cap.

nothing new but good to see them in theatres...
AjAlXduCQAAaO7A.jpg

All that article really did was recycle quotes from previously written articles :o .

So what's the word on the new trailer?

So what's the word on the new trailer?

nothing at all, basically at this point im thinking "it comes when it comes"...there is prolly gonna be a superbowl ad tho...so atleast thats one date we know

So this in essence can be played as Cap 2 and is why we haven't had a straight sequel to Cap announced. Just an idea.

Well, it could be that. Hopefully we'll get more information about the characters soon.

So, does Cap use a gun in Avengers, or is he shield-only now?

meh. more interested in Hawkeyes/Blak Widows POV, to be honest

Why? Telling it from Steves POV allows for more compelling story telling.

No one in their right mind would have expected this movie to focus on Black Widow and Hawkeye.

Why? Telling it from Steves POV allows for more compelling story telling.

No one in their right mind would have expected this movie to focus on Black Widow and Hawkeye.
so, what you are implying is, that, because I have another opinion, I'm not in my right mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"