The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nova is kind of a blatant Green Lantern rip-off, but could work.

Doctor Strange, sure.

Hercules I don't see it. MAYBE in a Thor sequel.

Moon Knight is a Batman rip-off, but could work, if they use the certain elements.

Blue Marvel is VERY obscure, and sounds a bit like Black Lightning, but would be a nice Made-for-TV movie or TV show. I don't see it as a motion picture.
How about Namor?

He's been asking for a movie now with so many references that he could be in Cap, now IM3.

tumblrm09pm5ee6b1qe8633.jpg

I like what they did with his helmet this time around. Reminds me a lot more of this .....

Loki_Laufeyson_(Earth-616)_0003.jpg

Doctor Strange, sure.

Moon Knight is a Batman rip-off, but could work, if they use the certain elements.

Blue Marvel is VERY obscure, and sounds a bit like Black Lightning, but would be a nice Made-for-TV movie or TV show. I don't see it as a motion picture.

Hercules would be more popular than Thor mostly because the GA would be more familiar with Greek mythology. Hercules (Beyond the Marvel version) has more exposure to the public at large than any Comic Book character ever will. :woot:

Well funded Hercules movie = Instant block buster

I don't know, I don't see Marvel's Hercules having a very succesful movie.

Besides, they're already doing Hercules: The Thracian Wars with The Rock.

Doctor Strange, sure.

Blade is obscure. Iron Man to the general public is obscure. But with the right direction and star power (Will Smith or Laurence Fishburne for Blue Marvel) it still could work.

As for the "rip-offs" none of them matter to the general public as long as they're well made. In the case of Nova, it's up to Marvel to show space characters could be made good and then maybe a chance for DC to reboot GL.

I don't know, I don't see Marvel's Hercules having a very succesful movie.

Besides, they're already doing Hercules: The Thracian Wars with The Rock.

There's no need. Stick to original Marvel characters that haven't already been done on the silver screen.

There's a non Marvel Hercules movie in the works iirc

Hercules would be more popular than Thor mostly because the GA would be more familiar with Greek mythology. Hercules (Beyond the Marvel version) has more exposure to the public at large than any Comic Book character ever will. :woot:

Well funded Hercules movie = Instant block buster

Not to mention Marvel Hercules = oafish fun loving guy.

If Thanos is going to be a part of the Avengers, then Marvel Studios needs to have make a Nova film, Captain Marvel film, Guardians of the Galaxy film, and make that the next phase after the Avengers.
With everything I read from people who saw the film, it makes sense for this to be the next phase with Marvel Studios.

Based on some stuff I read that Jordanstine posted, I think The Avengers movie in and of itself is conclusive. As far as the after credits go, it will set up the build to the second Avengers film or Phase 2.

My Theory is that Thanos or some other big villain (though preferably and likely Thanos) is behind the army Loki has, HOWEVER, whoever they are won't be revealed as where the army came from and it will be, as Jordanstine said, Loki just brings the Army to earth with no real explanation of who they are, what they are, and where they are from.

Even that is a stretch though unless, as some rumors suggest, much was filmed in secret, like the first after credits scene with Fury and Stark was (filimed in total secret and not know until weeks before release).

Last edited:
Where are those cards from that they spell "defense" with a C?

Where are those cards from that they spell "defense" with a C?

They're probably English ones, since that is how we spell defence over here.

Blade is obscure. Iron Man to the general public is obscure. But with the right direction and star power (Will Smith or Laurence Fishburne for Blue Marvel) it still could work.

As for the "rip-offs" none of them matter to the general public as long as they're well made. In the case of Nova, it's up to Marvel to show space characters could be made good and then maybe a chance for DC to reboot GL.
Will Smith made a 'who the hell is that superhero what' character like Hitchcock work.

Will Smith could make Blue Marvel work.

The Rock's popularity could make Luke Cage work too.

The Rock's popularity could make Luke Cage work too.

If I were Marvel I'd be quick to the pull trigger on The Rock for something. I find him to be highly entertaining and a very ample action hero. He's just fun to watch. Very charismatic guy. The superhero build on him is perfect too.

If I were Marvel I'd be quick to the pull trigger on The Rock for something. I find him to be highly entertaining and a very ample action hero. He's just fun to watch. Very charismatic guy. The superhero build on him is perfect too.
And he's already said he wants to play Luke Cage on film. Win win win

No thanks.
Duane Johnson isn't "black" enough for Luke Cage, both physically and socially.

Socially? LOL

Gimme a break. You don't think he can act that way on the screen? That's not exactly hard to portray.

I think Thor needs something other than just pants on the bottom half. Metal legging might work. He's got metal sleeves, and no one seems bothered by those. So why such negativity over metal leggings?

I just don't like Thor wearing normal pants. It looks like they gave up after making the top half of his costume. At the very least, he should have some armored boots. Maybe with kneecap armor that comes out and over the knee (moreso than it currently does), kinda like his comic book boots. Or make his boots more metallic which could match his sleeves in tone and balance the overall appearance. There' just too much of a contrast between highly detailed upper body and non-descript lower body. His Avengers costume is better than his solo movie costume. They at least added the pinstripe.

I love how the cards have Selvig with a higher Attack rating than Coulson. Really? A scientist is stronger and more agile than a SHIELD agent?

The Blue Marvel is crazy powerful, I'd love to see him on film. He's basically a black Superman.

Blue Marvel??? That's a harder name to sell than Ant-Man

Curious, what are you interested in?
Dr. Strange, maybe Wonder Woman, Flash. After those, most of comic book characters worthy of a full fledged cinematic narrative have been used.

Socially? LOL

Gimme a break. You don't think he can act that way on the screen? That's not exactly hard to portray.

Probably not the thread to get into this, but i think it would be a disservice to the black community to have probably their most recognizable superhero be played by The Rock who looks very Samoan. yeah i know he's half black but he 's just not this:

new-avengers-8-doombot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back