The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this

tumblrm0uiiyxdfg1rqi9ad.jpg
And The Translation is?

Also regarding what Joss said in those scans Freshman posted, I found it a bit weird that he said this is the ultimate Hulk film since there's like 5 other heroes in the movie. I know what he was getting at though, he was just saying this is the ultimate character portrayal of Hulk I just think that was a weird way of phrasing it (lol).

Edit: I just noticed Joss didn't actually say "Ultimate Hulk film", it was the interviewer who said it so nevermind.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that silhouette is a shot from Ang Lee's Hulk
Pretty sure it isn't.

Even in silhouette form the brow protrudes and I doubt they'd need a stand in from 2003 at this stage in the game.

Side note: i wonder if we'll ever see Thor wear that blue shirt in the film.lol So far, there has bee no indications that he'll be wearing civilian/earthly clothing.

I also that the NYC Battle/climax may give the Chicago Battle in TF3 a run for its money when it comes to duration and length of the entire sequence, since a lot seems to be going down in the NYC battle.

Side note: i wonder if we'll ever see Thor wear that blue shirt in the film.lol So far, there has bee no indications that he'll be wearing civilian/earthly clothing.

I also that the NYC Battle/climax may give the Chicago Battle in TF3 a run for its money when it comes to duration and length of the entire sequence, since a lot seems to be going down in the NYC battle.

There also are going to be a chance for each characters to get their time to shine unlike TF3 where Optimus pretty much did everything himself with a little help.

There also are going to be a chance for each characters to get their time to shine unlike TF3 where Optimus pretty much did everything himself with a little help.

If I had to peg down on what we'll be seeing of the heroes display specifically in the NYC battle, I would say that it would be these qualities based on what we know SO FAR:

1. Captain America: Leadership; leading the troops/Local Authorities and the Avengers

2. Iron Man: Aerial Assault; taking on the aerial attacks from the enemy

3. Thor: Rescue Mission; saving a lot of his comrades and civilians perhaps

4. Hulk: Powerhouse; demoloshing a lot of enemy soldiers

5. Hawkeye: Sniper; taking out significant targets from afar

6. Black Widow: Infiltration into Enemy bases

Pretty sure that silhouette is a shot from Ang Lee's Hulk

Considering A: they probably couldn't legally use that version of the Hulk in a promo and B: That would make no ****ing sense, I highly doubt that.

If I had to peg down on what we'll be seeing of the heroes display specifically in the NYC battle, I would say that it would be these qualities based on what we know SO FAR:

1. Captain America: Leadership; leading the troops/Local Authorities and the Avengers

2. Iron Man: Aerial Assault; taking on the aerial attacks from the enemy

3. Thor: Rescue Mission; saving a lot of his comrades and civilians perhaps

4. Hulk: Powerhouse; demoloshing a lot of enemy soldiers

5. Hawkeye: Sniper; taking out significant targets from afar

6. Black Widow: Infiltration into Enemy bases

Thor rescue mission? I want to see Thor get in on the aerial action as well, that's one of the things I was looking forward to the most.

People who claim Optimus Prime was "too brutal" in Transformers: Dark of the Moon forget he beheaded Bonecrusher in Transformers and then slightly kicked his rolling head.

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker here since the days of Batman Begins and I've been following this thread closely. With the Avengers film coming out next month in my country the time feels right to jump on and make my first post.
As you can tell Im a HUGE Hulk fan and I REALLY like the direction they're taking with him. :woot:

People who claim Optimus Prime was "too brutal" in Transformers: Dark of the Moon forget he beheaded Bonecrusher in Transformers and then slightly kicked his rolling head.

People are also forgetting how much death the Decepticons have caused throughout the film's, I know Optimus is compassionate but everyone has a limit and it's understandable that he's finally ready to end the threat once and for all.

So went and saw John Carter this afternoon (which we really loved by the way)... both me and my mom (realize I'm 30) totally geeked out when the Avengers trailer came on *lol* It was the new one (just the 'standard' US one without those extra scenes that the international markets seem to get *sigh*). But yeah... and that interview with Joss, just getting more and more excited :woot: I'm still confident that everyone will get their moment to shine and that Joss' original idea of Cap's POV will still show through. He didn't say *everything* from Cap's POV had been cut

True (and it was awesome), but do you honestly think "Kill them all!" is something Optimus would say? Maybe, if he had been beaten down the whole movie and had his character constantly scraped away by the horrors of war and...

Oh, who am I kidding? Bay just thought it sounded cool, so he put it in.

So went and saw John Carter this afternoon (which we really loved by the way)... both me and my mom (realize I'm 30) totally geeked out when the Avengers trailer came on *lol* It was the new one (just the 'standard' US one without those extra scenes that the international markets seem to get *sigh*). But yeah... and that interview with Joss, just getting more and more excited :woot: I'm still confident that everyone will get their moment to shine and that Joss' original idea of Cap's POV will still show through. He didn't say *everything* from Cap's POV had been cut

Exactly, he probably cut just enough footage for the film to seem like a proper Avengers film and not Captain America & Co.

He also ripped Blackou- I mean a completely unrelated Decepticon that looked EXACTLY ****ING LIKE BLACKOUT's head in half. And ripped Fallen's face off. And shot Demolishor in the face, point blank, execution style.

What pissed me off was not that he was brutal, is that he took down Megatron so ****ing quickly at the end. Really? The final battle between Megatron and Optimus should be an epic event, buildings collapsing around them as they battle to the death, "One shall stand, one shall fall", pushing them both to the absolute limit.

Not having Optimus rip his ****ing head off in five seconds.

^ I agree. Since Transformers 4 is going to happen, they should've allowed Megatron to live and throw it down with Optimus in it.

The movie's Optimus is much more of a jaded military commander. After the hundreds of deaths he was forced to witness, I can buy this version saying the Autobots will "kill them all" and meaning it.

On the topic of the TF movies, the only people Ive met who didnt like them are online.

As for that newspaper ad/promo, it looks friggin sweet. I can actually make out more than just the silhouette of Hulk if I look close.

He also ripped Blackou- I mean a completely unrelated Decepticon that looked EXACTLY ****ING LIKE BLACKOUT's head in half. And ripped Fallen's face off. And shot Demolishor in the face, point blank, execution style.

What pissed me off was not that he was brutal, is that he took down Megatron so ****ing quickly at the end. Really? The final battle between Megatron and Optimus should be an epic event, buildings collapsing around them as they battle to the death, "One shall stand, one shall fall", pushing them both to the absolute limit.

Not having Optimus rip his ****ing head off in five seconds.

Well to be honest Megatron did seem severely weakened throughout the movie and Sentinely Prime was the real main villain of the film anyway.

^ I agree. Since Transformers 4 is going to happen, they should've allowed Megatron to live and throw it down with Optimus in it.

The movie's Optimus is much more of a jaded military commander. After the hundreds of deaths he was forced to witness, I can buy this version saying the Autobots will "kill them all" and meaning it.

I think you're giving the writing team too much credit there, but I'll leave it alone. It's not Avengers-related. Suffice to say that I disagree with you.

Well to be honest Megatron did seem severely weakened throughout the movie and Sentinely Prime was the real main villain of the film anyway.

Yeah, but still, they could at least have had an epic final battle. The ending in the novelization was better, and that had Megatron declaring peace with Prime where the Decepticons would go to Cybertron and the Autobots could stay on Earth.

I mean, if you're going to set up Sentinel as the main villain, fine, but either have a great final battle with Optimus' archenemy or don't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"