The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orphix Registered

I have to say that I am pretty much in agreement - to a point. But since the pre-production of IM2 I think some very structured planning has taken place - including allocating years to dates. Simply because there are enough references to passages of time.

We know that IM2 takes place about 6 months after IM because it says tells us at the beginning after the credit sequence.

Also, interestingly enough, there has been references that suggest The Avengers takes place some two years after the previous films. If this is true it would kind of support both are arguments. Yours, because that would make the film set in 2012 (the films release year) and mine, because that would make the previous films taking place in 2010.

2. mara Super Mole

Yes! My thoughts exactly! A bit of everything to show just how powerful these two are etc.

3. T"Challa Registered

I might have to double check but didn't Howard mention vibranium in the scene in TFA where Cap first discovers the shield?

4. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

I don't think Fury knew the exact msg that Stark left for Tony ("Hey son, here's this new element I want you to create"). He just knew that Howard had confidence his son would be able to take the arc reactor technology to the next step. Fury knowing that the atomic composition of the element was hidden in the expo model takes away from Tony having figured it out, and it also makes him a *****e for not telling the guy: "here, look at the clues in this model because it might help you save your life".

If in Avengers they reveal the element does turn out to be Vibranium, fine, it won't bother me. But there's no evidence in what we've seen so far that suggests it is or that anybody in Shield knew that it was Vibranium that was needed to make the arc reactor complete.

5. mara Super Mole

In Marvel's app on itunes. :yay:

6. Poni_Boy Registered

Stop thinking of it in precise linear time because that apparently does not exist in the MCU. All that seems to matter is before, during or after. "Six month" "two years" is in reference to the MCU timeline that does not follow ours. It's a fictitious method of measuring the events. That's why you have a TV news report in TIH that dates 2008 and a newspaper headline in IM2 that dates 2010 even though they take place rather simultaneously.

7. Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

wow this thread is moving fast tonight. New Loki pics, and the thoer pics on that site look great, also I want to see Thor and Loki actually have a BIG battle of both words and actions.

8. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Whose to say it can't be both? Vibranium could be a metal(?) used in the creation of the Tesseract.

9. BigThor God of Thunder

Exactly, I'd also love to see them knock each other through a few buildings during the course of the battle.

10. Poni_Boy Registered

You may be right, that scene annoys me to no end so I usually fast forward through it :yay:

Either way, I'm about 99.9% sure the Vibranium from CA:TFA is the same element referenced in IM2 and will be further expanded upon in other MCU films

11. Poni_Boy Registered

It very well could be since the Vibranium deposit in Wakanda is nothing more than a meteor.

My only issue with this is that we haven't been given anything that leads to this suspicion and I try to leave my rationalizations to only the fact and allusions that are there.

12. mara Super Mole

EPIC battle! lol That word is over used but fitting here, couldn't help myself! Anyway....Can't wait for this! Is it May yet??!!

BTW does anyone have any idea how the tesseract ended up on Earth to begin with? I mean it was in Odin's vault so what could possibly have happened?

#987 mara, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  13. Polux Just some nut

Hey guys, this is kinda off-topic, but anyways...

So, my super awesome girlfriend said she wanted to watch all of the Marvel films with me before goin to the midnight opening for The Avengers (because she knows how important it is for me and because she watched and liked both Iron Man 1 and Thor); so, I was thinking, what would be the proper adequate chronological order for someone who doesn't know the MCU?? I mean, of course Captain America comes first; but I think it might spoil certain things about the "future" MCU films, I'm not sure...

So I think in order to make a more thrilling and engaging experience for her, the correct order would be:

- Iron Man 1
    - Iron Man 2
    - The Incredible Hulk
    - Thor
    - Captain American (since, as part of a whole, kinda serves like a "flashback" too)

What do you guys think??

Polux

14. Chewy REDACTED

Just show them in the order they came out

15. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

That order looks good to me.

16. Poni_Boy Registered

That makes the most sense since it's the order Marvel Studios indents for you to watch them:

Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America

17. sabetoonth Where You Get Those Eyes?

Could you guys imagine what things might have been like if Thor was released first? How different things could be?
    EDIT: Or any of the films other than Iron Man

18. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Damn, now THAT is Loki.

19. Danalys Sol Invictus

i think the new element was cube related. howard's research would have been cube focused from it's discovery. vibranium may even be a known element in the MCU scientific community but just rare. things we know about the cube fury describes it as power to selvig. things we know about the element howard called it the key to the future of energy production. things we know about vibranium it's rare and absorbs vibration. one doesn't fit with the others.

if that's correct then tony probably didn't just swap palladium for the new element but made a new arc reactor concept around the new material.

20. Poni_Boy Registered

If things had gone according to plan pre-Disney merger it would have been:

Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Thor
    Ant-Man
    Iron Man 2
    Captain America
    The Avengers

21. Danalys Sol Invictus

then they can be in on the game of figuring out what happens when.

22. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Has anybody thought how all this trouble with the Cube places Zola as a badass super scientist?
    I mean think about it, he was able to make the Cube work for Red Skull back in the 1940's, yet decades later, Shield hasn't been able to replicate his work.
    I wonder if they have plans to include him in future movies.

23. Poni_Boy Registered

I think the element, the cube and a few other things are all related. MS likes to tie everything together in the long run :)

24. Danalys Sol Invictus

you sure of that order. certainly wouldn't work now since ironman 2 teases thor.

25. Poni_Boy Registered

As long as Zola comes back wearing that suit they teased in CA:TFA I don't care what he does :yay:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.