The Avengers The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he was posting around the same time or before bosef

One difference -- Bosef didn't spoil the reason. I pieced it together with the novelization and the GameFAQ thread.

OK, I'm out of this thread. I wasn't bothered by the other stuff, but then talk of the character death started and I want that to be a surprise. I'm just pissed I have to wait until the 26 knowing the whole film is online :( bye guys, you'll see me in the general discussion thread.

Soon as you ask them to get off Cloud 9. I never said their profits from MIB and Spidey will offset all their losses. All I maintained was they will earn a nice nugget from them. As for shifting the books, happens all the time in the industry ..... how do you think Sony pictures has managed to stay afloat this long? If they weren't Sony the multi-national corporation and just Sony the "film company" they would've already gone under. Common sense here.

I am most definitely "closer" in the sense of the word to understanding the situation (given my job) than some fan boy desperately searching the Google machine for a reason why some day in the future Spidey might appear in an Avengers flick .... not to mention it's f'in ridiculous we're even talking about it again, especially in this thread. But that's what fanboys do, instead of focusing on the film at hand it becomes more about their dream about who should or should not be in this film.

Wow...

dont click this...super spoiler on who dies

coulson ;_;

okay my last post here before I spoil aything else for myself. We should have this thread closed

I had turn my eyes away and read carefully in this thread. I'm just looking for a non biased take on someone who's seen the film and did Whedon pull it off? I agree with Vartha. We'll have less fun going in if we know everything. I can't believe this is the first comic film where I've been staying clear of clips and stuff. I wanna be surprised like i was when i was a kid and didn't know anything about the film but just going by off the trailer I've seen. Today with the net and clips and what not it takes away from the experience. I do understand why studios do it but personally it takes away from the film in my opinion.

Good man, like I said -- I am not a fan of Marvels films. However, they won me over with this one.

If people want to be spoiled they should be able to make up their own minds and be able to be. As long as it isn't discussed in inappropriate places that is.

I don't get anyone wanting to control what others want to know. I promise you I will be geeked out in May when this comes out but I also like to be pacified by knowing what will happen so the wait doesn't seem so long and painful.

Does Bruce mention Betty/General Ross or anything from TIH???

So, I just see The Avengers. I am the happiest geek in the world :yay:

Embargo => 20 april in my country (which date in US ?)

Avengers + Cabin in the wood : Whedon just win his ticket for Hollywood. :bow:

Bosef982, once again a heartfelt THANX for indulging us like this. I have one question:

What was your (non-spoilerish) opinion of the fight between THOR and IRON MAN & CAPTAIN AMERICA?

So, I just see The Avengers. I am the happiest geek in the world :yay:

Embargo => 20 april in my country (which date in US ?)

Avengers + Cabin in the wood : Whedon just win his ticket for Hollywood. :bow:

You saw the movie too? I'm very jealous since May 4th is the earliest I can go see The Avengers. :csad:

"I was at the premiere and there was no after credits scene. There was, however, a mid-credits scene (after all the actors names and before the traditional scrolling credits) that... (SPOILERS) reveals Thanos.."

Interesting...

Could there be TWO ACS with Thanos?

Haven't seen the film, or been reading the posts about it, but here's what the early twitter reviews have said:

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/the-avengers-twitter-reviews/

In fact, that's pretty much exactly what Variety had to say, as they tweeted "Not a false note. Innovative. BRUTAL. And goddamn funny. Hype = believe it. It’s the bomb. I could not possibly say enough."

And "Iron Man" director Jon Favreau echoed those sentiments with a simple two word review: "Great premiere."

So what else were people saying? It looks like there are three things everyone can agree on: The end of the movie is epic, director Joss Whedon deserves kudos and Mark Ruffalo makes the best Hulk yet. Here's a sample:

"The Avengers - Epic. EPIC! Everyone fights everyone, but it does deliver. Marvel's movies get better every single one. Hulk! HULK!!" - First Showing

"Just getting out of "The Avengers" world premiere. Thought the film was major. LOT of action, laughs and surprises. Hulk stole the show." - XXL Mag

"Seriously, if comic book movies are your thing, you will be fully satisfied by the concoction Joss Whedon has fixed for you with The Avengers." - Entertainment Weekly

"So that was AMAZING. Like, double plus awesome. Thank you Joss Whedon for giving us all the The Avengers movie we deserve." - Seth Green

"It. Was. Awesome! Ruffalo is terrific as Bruce Banner. Makes the role his, big time." - IGN

"THE AVENGERS. Finally, a Marvel film with a rousing finish. That third act is more than enough to make THE AVENGERS the best Marvel movie yet." - Ain't It Cool News

"The Avengers is pretty epic. There is probably more action in this film's climax than all the other Marvel movie combines!" - SlashFilm

"The Avengers was big, messy, fun. More importantly there's now nothing but Hawkeye fanfic swimming around in my head." - Movieline

"Absolutely loved THE AVENGERS. Was smiling from beginning to end. If you're a Marvel fan you're going to lose your ***** in the theater. Also, the two things that made #THEAVENGERS amazing: the Hulk and the humor. Joss Whedon gets a 10 out of 10 on both of those." - Collider

Now that I think about it... The one who said he had the script and said that
Coulson dies
was telling the truth!

It was just an earlier version I suppose...

The other villain Joss mentioned that he never used?...
Anelle
!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS