The Avengers The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Bosef, for doing this. I haven't read through all these pages, so forgive me if it's been asked already:
1) Are there hints/easter eggs relating to possible future movies/characters (Black Panther/Namor/Hank & Janet, etc.)
2) When the Hulk spoke, could you tell if it was Ferrigno or Ruffalo?

DOn't remember. Almost every time the Hulk spoke, the audience was cheering or laughing at something he'd just done before speaking.

Also, how was Ruffalo in your opinion? RIM said he was better than Bana, Norton, AND Bixby. Do you agree with this?

Yes, with pain. LOL. I really liked Norton's Hulk, but Ruffalo made some action/performance choices that were really, really interesting. He manages to channel Hulk even when he's not Hulk, and when you watch you'll see what I mean.

It's far from dumb action.

The movie has more heart then most other superhero movies, and easily surpasses the Spider-Man films in terms of the reverence and love of the characters.

Cap and Iron Man have an interesting relationship, and its very antagonistic.

Thor and Hulk are like drinking buddies.

Black Widow is the lone woman out, but takes comfort in her non-romantic partnership with Hawkeye, who is the one who was key to her redemption from villain to hero.

But the best relationship is Tony and Banner, with Tony being the person who truly believes and is not afraid of Banner. Steve isn't either, and tells Banner upon introduction that the only thing he cares about is that Banner is a brilliant mind -- could care less about the Hulk stuff. It's a quick, great moment. And another great dynamic to the relationships is Banners interaction with Widow, as she has a great emotional/terrified moment with him that rises to the top of my favorite moments in the film.

But Tony and Banner have a wonderful interaction that builds to one of the GREAT moments of the film in terms of Hulk.

The action is completely integral to the plot, and arises out of the team coming together and making a decision that goes beyond even Fury. And they do it as a team, realizing very subtly their responsibilities to one another and the world.

By the end, these guys are friends and you believe it and the way they found one another is active and action-packed, so the action always seems like currency for the larger relationships at stake.

It is this years Star Trek (2009) in that way, where the action services the script and the stories at all times.

Wow love how you were so descriptive without giving away major spoiloers! Thanks for this! Good read!

bosef, based off what you have said, I have a feeling Iron Man is the one that will convince Hulk to fight on their side :D .

Thor and Hulk are like drinking buddies.

Woah, so that means the two powerhouses of the team form a relation ship at some point?

Also I would like to know of Thor has some IM caliber flight scenes in the film before I leave this thread for good.

So being that Hulk is my favorite character from the Avengers, how much screen time does he have relative to other avengers?

Wow love how you were so descriptive without giving away major spoiloers! Thanks for this! Good read!

I work in the film industry. You get VERY good at saying a lot without spoiling much.

Woah, so that means the two powerhouses of the team form a relation ship at some point?

Also I would like to know of Thor has some IM caliber flight scenes in the film before I leave this thread for good.

As much as one can with something that can't talk.

So being that Hulk is my favorite character from the Avengers, how much screen time does he have relative to other avengers?

Banner has a good deal. Hulk has a good deal. He's the star of the film

One question that I'd really like to answer to:

Does the team have a surreal reaction to Thor and Loki's existence? I kind of hope they do and just don;t immediately accept that alien gods exist.

Banner has a good deal. Hulk has a good deal. He's the star of the film

That's good to hear :up:
Based on what you saw, what others have tweeted, and what you know as far as how movie reviewers think; what's your prediction on the percentage of positive reviews The Avengers will have in the end? 85? 90? 95%?

That's good to hear :up:
Based on what you saw, what others have tweeted, and what you know as far as how movie reviewers think; what's your prediction on the percentage of positive reviews The Avengers will have in the end? 85? 90? 95%?

LOL - there's no way to answer that question. I imagine people will love it, but what do I know?

One question that I'd really like to answer to:

Does the team have a surreal reaction to Thor and Loki's existence? I kind of hope they do and just don;t immediately accept that alien gods exist.

Eh, actually -- there's not a lot of surreal reactions. It's sorta established that most of the world is aware of Thor and Loki's existence and that any reaction occurred previous to the movies.

I'm going to ask a question I haven't seen anybody ask here - or ANYWHERE for that matter. What the **** is the Leviathan!?

Whedon already spoiled what it was.

Yeah, thats why i was so scared about it. His wording let me a bit on the hoping side, but i sort of always knew deep down i did not want to believe it. :whatever:

Nothing major, but still.

The Leviathan is actually Fing Fang Foom. There. I spoiled it for you guys. You happy? :oldrazz:

It is this years Star Trek (2009) in that way, where the action services the script and the stories at all times.

It was worth it, coming back to this thread and risk getting spoiled, just for this comment alone.

Bosef, thanks again. You rule!

The Skrull and The Chitauri are different races, even in the Ultimate Universe.

In the Ultimate Universe, there are is in fact a race called the skrulls and they resemble the 616 Skrulls.

From Wiki:

So the Chitauri are basically the UU version of either the Space Phantom's or the Dire Wraith's.

bosef982

I would like to thank you in providing a brillant detailed non spoiler reaction to the film.

Having seen the amazing photos of the hulk, I was wondering whats your opinoun on hulk in terms CGI is it realistic and consistant ?(because in the two hulk movies once he moves it got worst) is it one of the best CGI characters you ever seen like cesar, captain baboosa from pirates, golum etc or is it decent similar to the two hulk movies?

Whedon already spoiled what it was.
If it's his thawing out scene, then I'll be really disappointed in that aspect of CA's story, but I have a feeling it's the scene he had between Peggy and Steve that I've heard Joss talk about.

whelp after getting knowledge here (nothing seemed to ruin anything for me) and quickly glancing at the other forum that was linked to here, but leaving before I read too much, I'm figuring out how to block this damn site from my computer and have one of my roommates set a secret password so I can't get on it lol

Thanks for all the info Bosef... But I do have a couple of questions...

With ending credits and everything... What was the runtime for the film?

Also, during the final battle... Do they show any deaths/injuries of the civilian variety? Or do they tend to shy away from it? And if yes was it kind of shocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"