The Avengers The Avengers- THEATRICAL TRAILER Discussion Thread - Part 1

hey, Honestly, enough with the look thing. Last time i was answering someone but we won't know until we see it, will we?, Actually, bosef982 said: "I was one of those. It's not. NEVER even crossed my mind. ", about the movie looking like tv. This is actually great news to us all, i suppose. I would love this movie to be gigantic, i'm constantly inviting friends and family to go see it. I still would have loved "scope".

Explains McGarvey, "Shooting 1.85:1 is kind of unusual for an epic film like this, but we needed the height in the screen to be able to frame in all the characters like Hulk, Captain America and Black Widow, who is much smaller. We had to give them all precedence and width within the frame. Also, Joss knew the final battle sequence was going to be this extravaganza in Manhattan, so the height and vertical scale of the buildings was going to be really important."

McGarvey, Avengers cinematographer

I am eating crow on hating on the movie before. I was wrong -- though Marvel's previous attempts didn't inspire much faith."" bosef982

i take it you guys don't agree with the whole statement, neither do i!

Last edited:
The-Avengers.jpg
Loveeee!

Last edited:
This one in particular is not for sale. The Projector is a Vidikron, which when used in conjunction with an anamorphic lens, is called Cinewide by the manufacturer: http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_spec_3542.pdf

Vidikron is no longer being sold, only Runco, which owns Vidikron. I'll send you some pictures if you send me you're email address. And the explanation about tv vs. cinema look is above. Anyway, it seems like the look and feel of the movie is going to be just fine, we'll have to wait and see what the critics and general public say about it if anything. Obviously new info for you!

Ah I see, it looks pretty sweet, especially to have in your home. :cwink: it's one of my home dreams to have a projector cinema set-up with full on sound system and the lot. Be a longtime before I can afford anything like that though. (though I have seen some pretty good 2nd hands one around, that aren't overly expensive) your welcome to pm me some more pictures if you like, its up to you.

not sure what u mean about the new info, if it's on the TV thing, not really. TV and Film are filmed in completely different ways, with different camera's. The only way I see this even looking a little bit like the tv show is because thats Joss's background, and most of his work has revolved around that, so obviously some things he would take from shooting TV etc. which might make look tv-ish in the style its shot in....if that makes sense. Anyway yeah, it looks all positive so far which is a great sign. :woot:

edit: and I literally just saw that poster beofre you posted it! ha I wish that was official.

Ah I see, it looks pretty sweet, especially to have in your home. :cwink: it's one of my home dreams to have a projector cinema set-up with full on sound system and the lot. Be a longtime before I can afford anything like that though. (though I have seen some pretty good 2nd hands one around, that aren't overly expensive) your
welcome to pm me some more pictures if you like, its up to you.

not sure what u mean about the new info, if it's on the TV thing, not really. TV and Film are filmed in completely different ways, with different camera's. The only way I see this even looking a little bit like the tv show is because thats Joss's background, and most of his work has revolved around that, so obviously some things he would take from shooting TV etc. which might make look tv-ish in the style its shot in....if that makes sense. Anyway yeah, it looks all positive so far which is a great sign. :woot:

edit: and I literally just saw that poster beofre you posted it! ha I wish that was official.

Great poster, i loved it. 2nd hand projectors with a fixed screen may take to the cinema everyday if you find a good one and have it properly calibrated,(ISF). It will beat a tv every day! Do you know if there's a way to buy these posters? I'm going to search the web.

^ Thor's holding his hammer at a weird angle in that picture, everything else is pretty awesome though.

Oh and I just saw an Avengers TV Spot...On TV. for the first time.:awesome:

Hehe I had exactly the same thing over the weekend! I don't watch any TV in my flat, but was visiting family and saw a load of tv spots that I hadn't seen online, very exciting =D

there are so many tv spots out... just can't keen up with all the new ones now! Is there a list of them all somewhere?

I think it because there's no awkward sexual tension going on. Kind of like how two girls can touch each other with out pause.

Pretty sure that I've only let my BF and some girls that are EXTREMELY close friends touch my boobs even in jest. Anyone else? It's not on, just because they are girls or are gay doesn't change the fact that 'a stranger is groping me'. What was that guy thinking!? Poor ScarJo, plus she couldn't go completely mental at him on a red carpet, had to keep her composure despite such creepy inappropriateness.

These trailers have me so excited for this movie.....I still can't believe this is happening! :woot:

Is this official??? Anyway! If this is fan-made, than shame on the real artists making posters for this movie, cause this fan-made poster kicks ash all over the official stuff!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

What did everyone think about the two new tv spots ('suit up' and 'heroes stand together')??

Heroes stand together. Very good tv-spot indeed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgPBNIIBN8g

I gotta say. Just re-visited 'The Incredible Hulk' last night. And while that movie did indeed have some cool FX shots in places, they truly PALE in comparison to Hulk in the 'Avengers'!! He looks frighteningly real in 'Avengers'!, from what is seen! I mean, take a look at the pics below.

'The Incredible Hulk'
UR3636_0165r.jpg

'The Avengers Hulk'
The-Incredible-Hulk-in-The-Avengers.jpg

Yup. I'd say there's a pretty_damn striking difference in appearance! Hulk in the Avengers, truly IS Incredible looking!

WOW, I USED TO THINK THE CGI IN "INCREDIBLE HULK" WAS GREAT UNTIL YOU POSTED A SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON LOL

-DOOM
:doom:

I mean really. Ever since Avatar, fx has been taken a huge leap forwards!!!

"There is a thrown here. There IS a version where Hulk comes out on top... Cause if they couldn't do it justice in 'The Incredible Hulk' - You can be DAMN sure they'll do it in Avengers!"

There is not a finger to be set on that image of Hulk in Avengers, right above! Everything looks 210% photo-realistic! The eyes looks completely real! You swear you could touch him right there, in flesh and blood! It's actually kinda scary! And thanks to Camerons (E)motion-Capture Tech, that's Ruffalo shining through right freaken there!

Last edited:
The excitement for this film has made me discover my superhero love. Comes out this week and i've just finished watching Thor and i'm yet to watch Iron Man and Captain America. I don't have long to catch up!

The Avengers Hulk looks 10 times better ^^

ALSO LOVE HOW THEY'VE FOUND THE PERFECT MIX OF RUBBER HULK FROM "HULK" AND SINEWY HULK FROM "INCREDIBLE HULK"

-DOOM
:doom:

Heroes stand together. Very good tv-spot indeed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgPBNIIBN8g

I gotta say. Just re-visited 'The Incredible Hulk' last night. And while that movie did indeed have some cool FX shots in places, they truly PALE in comparison to Hulk in the 'Avengers'!! He looks frighteningly real in 'Avengers'!, from what is seen! I mean, take a look at the pics below.

'The Incredible Hulk'
UR3636_0165r.jpg

'The Avengers Hulk'
The-Incredible-Hulk-in-The-Avengers.jpg

Yup. I'd say there's a pretty_damn striking difference in appearance! Hulk in the Avengers, truly IS Incredible looking!

I was discussing this with someone the other day. They tried to convince me that TIH cgi was much better than Avengers. This comparison is easily proof that they have improved so much. I watched Ang Lee's Hulk and Incredible Hulk back to back today and excluding the odd green they used for his skin, I think the cgi in Hulk is better than TIH. I'm guessing they put less money into Incredible Hulk than the other, but anyway Avengers has it exactly right in my opinion. This is how I always think of the Hulk.

I was discussing this with someone the other day. They tried to convince me that TIH cgi was much better than Avengers. This comparison is easily proof that they have improved so much. I watched Ang Lee's Hulk and Incredible Hulk back to back today and excluding the odd green they used for his skin, I think the cgi in Hulk is better than TIH. I'm guessing they put less money into Incredible Hulk than the other, but anyway Avengers has it exactly right in my opinion. This is how I always think of the Hulk.

Show that person this comparison dude... This is photoreal - like for real!:woot: And for the first time ever, it's truly an actor playing Hulk! So Sweet!
icon14.gif

The excitement for this film has made me discover my superhero love. Comes out this week and i've just finished watching Thor and i'm yet to watch Iron Man and Captain America. I don't have long to catch up!

The Avengers Hulk looks 10 times better ^^

Hehe I only bought and watched the Thor and Captain America films because I knew they would be in the avengers, and now I love both the characters and the movies! I was so suprised with both films, they really blew me away.

I've leant my copies of Thor and Cap's films to one of my friends... need to get them back for this weekend to watch before the big day next thursday! Can't wait am so ridiculously excited.

Avengers hulk is just... perfect. Can't wait to see him up on the big screen doing some smashing

That's a horrible picture of TIHs Hulk and the one that's always used when arguing against it. The fight after that scream, Harlem, and especially the cave he looks waay better. But neither of them top The Avengers Hulk, he looks incredible.

Hehe I only bought and watched the Thor and Captain America films because I knew they would be in the avengers, and now I love both the characters and the movies! I was so suprised with both films, they really blew me away.

I've leant my copies of Thor and Cap's films to one of my friends... need to get them back for this weekend to watch before the big day next thursday! Can't wait am so ridiculously excited.

Avengers hulk is just... perfect. Can't wait to see him up on the big screen doing some smashing

CA:TFA did the same for me as I wasn't much of a CAPTAIN AMERICA fan before and now he's my fav character in THE AVENGERS.

Glad to see folks like yourself and Smits are coming to enjoy the MCU like we do. It's a fantastic concept with which the sky's the limit.

That's a horrible picture of TIHs Hulk and the one that's always used when arguing against it. The fight after that scream, Harlem, and especially the cave he looks waay better. But neither of them top The Avengers Hulk, he looks incredible.

Yeah I hate when people use one of the worst Hulk shots in TIH to discredit it's CGI, how about picking a better scene for a change.

Wonder if they explain his sudden change in green :o ...and the obvious ;)

I've alos got a new love for Thor, wondering if Captain America will top him. Seriously cannot wait for this though, thinking of going all out VIP at the cinema for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"