Arrow The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:awesome:

In fairness, they dropped the first official look at Amell in costume in March 2012, so I doubt we'll need to wait quite that long.

The Vampire Diaries‘ Rick Gosnett and Danielle Panabaker (Shark) are set to co-star opposite Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic. Cosnett stars as star Detective Eddie Thawne, a recent transfer to the Central City Police Department, whose past is a mystery and who harbors a dark secret. Panabaker plays Caitlin Snow, a highly intelligent bioengineering expert who lost her fiancé during an explosion at S.T.A.R. Labs. Originally envisioned as a backdoor pilot episode of Arrow, Flash will now film a regular pilot directed by David Nutter, a move clearly geared toward a series pickup.

- deadline

Thawne!!

Rick Cosnett as a soon-to-be villain is good casting. He's been menacing as **** on TVD this season.

Almost thought they had cast Panabaker as Iris. She's got a good look for it.

Kind of ironic the guy they cast as Thawne looks more like Barry Allen than the guy playing Barry Allen does: :o

115.jpg

Nothing? We just got our Zoom, you people!!! :argh:

EDIT: And of course someone would slip in before I hit 'Post'. :o

So, Cosnett will possibly be Professor Zoom. Yeah, I can see that. I wonder if Panabaker will actually become Killer Frost, or if she'll just be Caitlin Snow. The thought of seeing Panabaker play a sociopathic villainess who enjoys torturing people is interesting to me (that's how Killer Frost was portrayed in the JLU and YJ cartoons).

I don't think I've seen him in anything but it is great that Zoom has been cast. I look forward to sweet super speed battles.

The only part that gets me is the fact that they made Thawne a Detective. I know the producers have really yet to steer us wrong so I trust in what they do (not like I have a way to stop it lol).

But in other reaction this is awesome we got Zoom and Killer Frost.

Are they trying for a fall of 2014 release date for the show?

The only part that gets me is the fact that they made Thawne a Detective. I know the producers have really yet to steer us wrong so I trust in what they do (not like I have a way to stop it lol).

But in other reaction this is awesome we got Zoom and Killer Frost.

Are they trying for a fall of 2014 release date for the show?

I feel like Thawne's probably a detective just so he can make Barry's life miserable.

That's a good point didn't think of that. I wonder if they will make Thawne know that Barry is the Flash

Well, from the looks of it, he did kill his mom. So yeah, he knows.

I think the only thing that concerns me at this point is how well the super-speed effects come off as on this show. I just hope that the large amount of effects don't limit the show in terms of production quality like it did for "Smallville".

Mmm Danielle Panabaker... :hrt:

dkr3Bnx.jpg

Mmm Danielle Panabaker... :hrt:

dkr3Bnx.jpg

I always thought that if they were going to cast a teenage/young adult Lana Lang for a Superman film, that Danielle would have been great for the role.

So Iris and Wally are the only ones left I guess, unless there are a few surprises. The West family is black so I'd say:

heather-hemmens41.jpg

Heather Hemmens as Iris.

Noah%20Gray-Cabey-ALO-067782.jpg

Noah Gray-Cabey as Wally

I'd rather they leave Wally out at the moment. I still think Arrow introduced Roy Harper too soon.

Plus that kid is 18. Jesse L. Martin is 45. Waaay too old to be his grandson.

So Iris and Wally are the only ones left I guess, unless there are a few surprises. The West family is black so I'd say:

heather-hemmens41.jpg

Heather Hemmens as Iris.

Noah%20Gray-Cabey-ALO-067782.jpg

Noah Gray-Cabey as Wally

Love how you guys keep casting barely black women as black Iris West, lol.

How? Have him attend boarding school or something? Or completely write him out of the West family?

Love how you guys keep casting barely black women as black Iris West, lol.

I would like Kat Graham, but she's a regular on TVD. Not a whole lot of young black TV actresses to choose from to be honest.

How? Have him attend boarding school or something? Or completely write him out of the West family?

Or have his parents not live in the immediate surroundings of Barry and Co. in Central City.

And also not be played by an 18 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"