The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sawyer High King

Ticked off the wrong mods, I assume.

2. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Figured he'd be back by now, don't probationary bans only last a few days?

I'd love to see a more vibrant red at some point, probably won't happen, but it'd be sweet.

#952 KillerMcQueen, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  3. Mad Love The Future of Justice

4. Mr. Dent Registered

He'd probably just complain about the cowl not being red enough and how it completely ruins the show.

5. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

lol, I'm reading JLA: Year One atm, love that moment.

6. Smallville13 Registered

That was such a great series. I'd almost like for the first JL film to just feature the characters in Waid's Year One.

That sucks about Kevin Smith. I'd love to hear his thoughts. He was really starting to push his luck on the B/S board though.

7. $0UL3$$ Registered

Hi guys, im new. Whos kevin smith and what did he do. (Not the real fat kevin smith whos friends with affleck)

8. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

Kevin Smith is a Flash fanatic.

He'd say that the cowl is too dark, potentially too leathery and not spandexy enough, looks stupid with the chin strap, and should have less 'pointless lines'.

Or something to that effect. Basically anything that's not the silver age Flash. ;)

9. craigdbfan Registered

Green Arrow and now this Flash look so damn good. If there were any justice in this world they would just keep these two as the official versions of the characters and use them for the eventual Justice League movie.

10. Silver Surfer Power Cosmic

That would make too much sense, WB doesn't do sense....

11. craigdbfan Registered

You're right. :(

12. erehwon0 Registered

Alright I'm here to nitpick (in lieu of Kevin Smith's absence.) Just kidding!

I'm probably as big of a Flash fan as Kevin. But that ear piece bugs me a bit. Hear me out. He's going to have a big lightning bolt on his chest. Presumably lightning bolts on his fore arms and on his waist. I mean what's the first person who meets him going to say? "Uhh. Lightning Dude?"

And going to the origins (damn I'm going to get a lot of comments for this "Purist") but the wings on his earpiece is a nod to the Golden Age Flash which is a nod to Hermes. If they show that this Barry is a bit of a geek/nerd who gets inspiration from a Jay Garrick Flash comic book character, then they should be wings, at least stylized wings. Other than that I can live with it. I'm actually not as opposed to the chin strap as KS was/is. (Somewhere out there he must be screaming "NOOOOOO!")

And that collar looking thing just where his neck ends worries me A LOT! I hope its not a jacket!

Am I the only one that thinks Fridays are DC reveal day? What's next? Wonder Woman or the Batsuit?

13. divan Registered

As far as I'm concerned, DC is nailing the TV Department and Marvel is nailing the movie department.

Hopefully the Netflix series and BvS can correct that and get both teams even.

14. Llama_Shepherd Registered

I think the success (or lack thereof) of the Flash will be the deciding factor as to whether there will be cross pollination between the two media. Warner Brothers don't traditionally care for two iterations of single characters at once.

If they do, I hope it paves the way for Gotham, Constantine and the potential Hourman and Young Justice series to be included to. It would give them a truly expansive world then.

15. SpideyFan866 Registered

Bingo.

Hence why, since Smallville, they've had strict rules on what the TV shows can and can't do. For example, Batman. They wanted Batman to have a big role on that show, but WB (and Nolan) put their foot down and said they couldn't. So, we got Arrow instead.

And with shared/extended universes becoming more and more popular (Even among non superhero shows; 'About a Boy' and 'Parenthood' on NBC now share a universe :awesome:), I doubt WB will pass up the opportunity to create one such as this if it can clearly work and audiences like both the tv characters and film characters equally and enough to want to see them together.

16. kguillou Registered

Yeah, I mean, it just wouldn't' make sense to have a successful Flash tv show with a lead actor that audiences really care for only to have another actor play another version of THE SAME CHARACTER in a Justice League movie or solo FLASH movie while the tv show is still running. It would just be plain weird and quite frankly would be very disrespectful to Grant Gustin.

17. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

So, that newly released head shot eh? Cowl looks great. We discussing it in another thread or something?

18. Crimz Registered

If he and the show,does really well I can get with the idea of it connecting to the movies. The only problem I have is, will doing so limit what they can do on Arrow and the Flash show? If it will then forget it.

19. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I've seen comments of surprise that Flash was actually allowed to smile/smirk. Like there was some rule that DC characters aren't allowed to smile. :hehe:

20. DrRocket Registered

^ did you see MOS?

21. kguillou Registered

Well the thing is,WB has a big decision to make. Because if this Flash is tied to the movie universe then so is Arrow...which will mean that all of the DC characters that Arrow has already introduced (Deathstroke, Suicide Squad, Black Canary, Huntress, Firefly, The League of Assassins etc etc) are all also apart of the movie universe; so we wouldn't be able to see a different take on Deathstroke for example in a future Ben Affleck Batman movie.

22. SpideyFan866 Registered

This.

However, they've all been done so well that it doesn't really matter.

And most of the characters featured, outside of the Suicide Squad whom have a movie in the works, wouldn't be used on film (anytime soon) anyways.

23. The Sage The World's Finest

Like the cowl. Looks like it's made from the same material as Ollie's mask. Compressable micro-fabric. Could be what he uses here.

24. Llama_Shepherd Registered

Well Black Canary is tied to the Green Arrow mythos anyway. The League is a large organisation, and can namedrop as much as they like, they're not really stepping on toes unless Ra's himself is seen. Deathstroke, Firefly and Huntress aren't likely to be seen as major players for the time being anyway.

25. 8Diagrams(WU) Registered

Agreed, we are starting to deal with broken continuity if TV's flash and Arrow start popping up. Maybe they still can and the tv universe will count as a separate independent continuity. I must admit that it would be kind of cool to see Arrow show up in the movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.