Arrow The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As weird as it may sound...I'd actually be up for the idea of Amell's Arrow and Gustin's Flash to show up in the DC movies but have it be a separate continuity from their own shows. I mean, it'd be confusing as Hell for casual viewers but I think it could work. Or, simply, Flash and Arrow dont talk about anything that's happened on their show so it won't contradict anything. I dunno, all this stuff makes my head hurt. I just know for a fact that I do not want two separate Green Arrows and Flashes especially since Amell and Gustin are so good in the roles.

I would prefer if they stay separate. I'm not really fond of what WB is doing with their DC films.

Plus, I think keeping them separate would allow more room for creative freedom. One of the downsides of Agents of SHIELD is that they can't use anyone the films will likely use in the future.

you are right it looks like infanito flash
flash.jpg

I hope Carmen Infantino is smiling from above. I wonder if the super-speed effects will be anything like either Smallville's or Man of Steel's.

I would prefer if they stay separate. I'm not really fond of what WB is doing with their DC films.

Plus, I think keeping them separate would allow more room for creative freedom. One of the downsides of Agents of SHIELD is that they can't use anyone the films will likely use in the future.

I agree with this sentiment, it will indeed give them more creative freedom. My big worry though is that inevitably WB is going to have to make a BIG decision as to if they are going to bring in Flash and Arrow to Justice League and I really really prefer not to have two other actors portray them on the big screen while we've already got two great doing great jobs of portraying them already, especially if the Flash tv show becomes popular like Arrow is.

My fear is that their big screen doubles will overshadow the small screen ones and people will be like "Who cares about Amell's Arrow when so and so's Arrow was so badass in Justice League!" I just think it wouldn't be fair to those actors who are already doing a great job portraying definitive versions of those characters.

I know people will say "But Smallville and Superman Returns did it." but i feel like that was a slightly different case where Tom Welling was playing a young Clark Kent whereas Brandon Routh was playing a grown up, fully formed Superman. So, in that case it worked out pretty well.

Last edited:
I agree with this sentiment, it will indeed give them more creative freedom. My big worry though is that inevitably WB is going to have to make a BIG decision as to if they are going to bring in Flash and Arrow to Justice League and I really really prefer not to have two other actors portray them on the big screen while we've already got two great doing great jobs of portraying them already, especially if the Flash tv show becomes popular like Arrow is.

My fear is that their big screen doubles will overshadow the small screen ones and people will be like "Who cares about Amell's Arrow when so and so's Arrow was so badass in Justice League!" I just think it wouldn't be fair to those actors who are already doing a great job portraying definitive versions of those characters.

I know people will say "But Smallville and Superman Returns did it." but i feel like that was a slightly different case where Tom Welling was playing a young Clark Kent whereas Brandon Routh was playing a grown up, fully formed Superman. So, in that case it worked out pretty well.

That's a fair argument but from a narrative and in-context-of-the-show(s) point of view, I think it is better if they stay separate.

Plus as I said, I don't know how much better the movie Flash will be than the TV Flash since I don't have any hope for the movie Flash at this point based on what WB is doing with the Batman/Superman film. As for Green Arrow, I don't think we'll see him in the movies for a while.

I haven't really been following what DC is doing with Superman/batman. So what's the unforgivable thing they are doing now? You could put me in the camp of connecting the universes. They could find someone who has more star power than Amell and Gustin. However introducing a separate universe means additional character development. It would be awesome if in a justice league movie if Flash could get a upgraded suit then use it the falling fall season.

Last edited:
All we know about BVS is some of the casting. So same old unforgiveable stuff WB has been doing since the 80's.

I have it on good authority that our Kevin Smith gives the new costume a thumbs up (with some reservations).:woot:

I haven't really been following what DC is doing with Superman/batman. So what's the unforgivable thing they are doing now? You could put me in the camp of connecting the universes. They could find someone who has more star power than Amell and Gustin. However introducing a separate universe means additional character development. It would be awesome if in a justice league movie if Flash could get a upgraded suit then use it the falling fall season.

To give an "in a nutshell", the film looks entirely pushed by suits. The idea/concept is theirs, the casting is theirs, etc.

You guys have to remember that people who watch these TV shows make up probably 20% of the movie going audience. If WB thinks they can get more people to watch their movies with bigger named cast for their movie then they will do it.

Also having separate universes frees up storyline, which helps both properties since they both work on different budgets and other differences in production.

As much as I like the TV cast, I don't think they will help sell movie tickets to audiences where their shows are not seen. I could be wrong but I think that's how WB sees it.

And as much as I love Manu Bennet's Slade Wilson, I think Stephen Lang would be a badass movie Deathstroke!

Honestly though I can do without the intro. I want them to make this distinct from Arrow and not follow all the same tropes.

Yeah I would only like that if it was done across the board to help DC establish its brand.

My name is John Constantine...

My name is James Gordon...

I'd like the intro to just be "My name's Barry Allen. And I'm the fastest man alive"

Yeah I would only like that if it was done across the board to help DC establish its brand.

My name is John Constantine...

My name is James Gordon...

My name is Gwen Izombie
My name is Rex Taylor
My name is Jesse Custer
My name is Matthew (Matty) Roth dmz :woot::woot:

That's a fair argument but from a narrative and in-context-of-the-show(s) point of view, I think it is better if they stay separate.

Plus as I said, I don't know how much better the movie Flash will be than the TV Flash since I don't have any hope for the movie Flash at this point based on what WB is doing with the Batman/Superman film. As for Green Arrow, I don't think we'll see him in the movies for a while.

Yeah, cause the CW is so much better... oh wait. :o

The cinematic universe would have better SFX for sure, could have a better suit and they could easily cast someone better than Gustin. Lets not pretend the Arrow universe is ideal because it is not, their Roy Harper, Black Canary, Amanda Waller, Suicide Squad... are not good enough for the movies. The producers behind Arrow are also responsible for crap such as No Ordinary Family and the epic failure of Green Lantern... they're not better than Snyder and company.

I don't think they will use Green Arrow in the movies since he's not one of the big main members, but the Flash is one of them, it would be weird not to have him in the movies. What they could do to differentiate themselves from the CW version, is either use Wally West or an older Barry (in his 30's), since the tv version is much younger.

The cinematic universe would have better SFX for sure, could have a better suit and they could easily cast someone better than Gustin. Lets not pretend the Arrow universe is ideal because it is not, their Roy Harper, Black Canary, Amanda Waller, Suicide Squad... are not good enough for the movies. The producers behind Arrow are also responsible for crap such as No Ordinary Family and the epic failure of Green Lantern... they're not better than Snyder and company.

I don't think they will use Green Arrow in the movies since he's not one of the big main members, but the Flash is one of them, it would be weird not to have him in the movies. What they could do to differentiate themselves from the CW version, is either use Wally West or an older Barry (in his 30's), since the tv version is much younger.

No it wouldn't, not at all.

Gotta disagree with you on that. At the moment, Arrow is far better than MOS and looks better than anything WB plans to put out in theatres within the foreseeable future (Batman vs. Superman). It's not exactly ideal, but it's good.

I could do without the whole "My name is......" thing altogether.I don't mind it on Arrow,'cause they kinda need to touch on his origin for people that just came in.But Flash doesn't need that.Just show him getting hit by lightening/running fast in the show open and people will get the idea.

I could do without the whole "My name is......" thing altogether.I don't mind it on Arrow,'cause they kinda need to touch on his origin for people that just came in.But Flash doesn't need that.Just show him getting hit by lightening/running fast in the show open and people will get the idea.

I like the whole "My name is..." thing, makes me think of the comics where some of them would have these text boxes on the first page with "My name's Wally West/Barry Allen, and I'm the Flash, the fastest man alive."

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean, it just wouldn't' make sense to have a successful Flash tv show with a lead actor that audiences really care for only to have another actor play another version of THE SAME CHARACTER in a Justice League movie or solo FLASH movie while the tv show is still running. It would just be plain weird and quite frankly would be very disrespectful to Grant Gustin.

This!!
I have been saying this exact thing for months, as well as what Spidey Fan said.
There is no way, (unless WB wants to kill their DC fans all together) WB will cast another actor for Barry Allen for World's Finest or the Justice League after searching and casted Grant. Plus spend the money on making the Flash suit just to do it all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"