Arrow The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm more excited about seeing Gustin's Flash costume, than Affleck's Batman costume. Because TV shows have a much smaller budget and I want to see if they were able to pull off his costume properly.

Since a TV show pulled off a damn near perfect flash costume in the late 1980s, I'm pretty sure it can happen again. I just hope the costume designer doesn't get a bug up their butt to do something that is a "total departure" from anything we've seen before. I'm not saying they will, but you never know.

The way the writers have talked about it, I doubt they will. I mean, I'm sure there will be some details that get tweaked and certain people will ***** out over it (looking at several of you), but overall, I think it's going to be very much a Flash costume.

They have been saying that he's The Flash, with the costume and everything right from the start. So yeh, I expect it to be a costume that looks like The Flash.

Since a TV show pulled off a damn near perfect flash costume in the late 1980s, I'm pretty sure it can happen again.

I hope so. But that 90's costume was basically a muscle suit. And after that, they managed to somehow make it worse in that canceled Justice League show. I just hope they can make a form fitting costume, that looks as good as the 90's suit, but isn't a muscle suit.

HAHAHAHA I almost forgot about the Flash costume in that Justice League show. Good God was that thing atrocious. He looked like Turboman in Jingle All Ze Way. But anyway, I'm sure the new costume will be an improvement over the John Wesley Shipp Flash costume, which was damn near perfect.

I hope they realize how well received the 90s TV suit was. Slimmed down, that suit would be perfect. Flash's suit is so easy to adapt. If they did a faithful interpretation of the comics suit, with modern materials, it would look awesome.

The old suit still holds up. To this day, it's one of the better superhero costumes
UeSESnf.jpg

QawRzr0.jpg

iV1jIUJ.png

Last edited:
I hope it looks like this, just with a few less of the yellow lines maybe.

vbq49z1.jpg

John Wesley Shipp needs to be in the new show, at least in some capacity? Ideally in a "Special Guest Star" role as Jay Garrick.

What is Shipp doing these days? It'd be perfect for him to be Jay.

John Wesley Shipp needs to be in the new show, at least in some capacity? Ideally in a "Special Guest Star" role as Jay Garrick.

That's a brilliant idea. He was an awesome Barry and would make a great Jay. He was in Dawson's Creek, so the CW probably has a relationship with him.

On IDMB it says he's been on Teen Wolf. And he's got 3 Movies coming out in 2014 I think.

Yeah,I'll be sorely disappointed if JWS doesn't get a role.They should give a part to Amanda Pays too.I don't think either of them are too busy with other commitments.

Since a TV show pulled off a damn near perfect flash costume in the late 1980s, I'm pretty sure it can happen again. I just hope the costume designer doesn't get a bug up their butt to do something that is a "total departure" from anything we've seen before. I'm not saying they will, but you never know.

They act like it is impossible to make good superhero outfits in todays world for Television. Dont know what happened from the 80s/90s to now that studios cant find good enough costume designers.

But can we stop with the detectives? It is like they dont know how to incorporate new characters without making one a detective who will probably be against the hero.

That 80s/90s suit is so hilariously goofy. Maybe it is comic accurate in the look of it, but I take one look at that and laugh. The muscles are just hilarious haha. But if that's the look the majority wants and agrees on then I hope they make the suit look a lot less silly visually and slim it down to make it look practical not like Sheldon on BBT dressing up lol

That 80s/90s suit is so hilariously goofy. Maybe it is comic accurate in the look of it, but I take one look at that and laugh. The muscles are just hilarious haha. But if that's the look the majority wants and agrees on then I hope they make the suit look a lot less silly visually and slim it down to make it look practical not like Sheldon on BBT dressing up lol

I don't think anyone's asking for the atrocious musclesuit aspect of the 90's Flash costume, that and the lack of yellow boots are my only problems with it.

I hope they realize how well received the 90s TV suit was. Slimmed down, that suit would be perfect. Flash's suit is so easy to adapt. If they did a faithful interpretation of the comics suit, with modern materials, it would look awesome.

The old suit still holds up. To this day, it's one of the better superhero costumes
UeSESnf.jpg

QawRzr0.jpg

iV1jIUJ.png

Absolutely. :up:

Just lose the fake muscles, even though they did a good job of explaining why it looked that way in the show (the suit sucked onto his body and expanded which gave it that look...I almost accept it with that explanation behind it).

I don't think anyone's asking for the atrocious musclesuit aspect of the 90's Flash costume, that and the lack of yellow boots are my only problems with it.

The fake muscles were the 80s/90s equivalent of what armor is for everything today, needless to say we don't need to see ANY of THAT, either.

And I agree on the boots, although in certain shots, due to how shiney the red boots were on the show and how they seemed to be made out of a different material than the rest of the suit and picked up a lot light that was around them at times, they almost looked yellow/gold in a lot of scenes to me, my mind would sort of fill it in that way sometimes.

One of the best tv show suit adaptations overall.

And waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy better than that crap in that (thank-God-it) failed Justice League tv pilot from the mid-late 90s. Whoo that thing was AWFUL, as were the rest of the suits - some of the worst ever made.

Yep. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"