The Flash The Flash Costume Thread - Part 1

I think they should try covering his nose like they did with the 90s Flash suit.

Can we talk about how when
Barry gets wished back into the suit
....the helmet is off?

Barry's suit looked awful during the crossovers and Oliver made it look even worse.

So, I've watched that Flash vs Pollux fight from the 90's show. Why does it seem impossible for modern costumes to create cowls that can easily be put on and off? I wish we could eventually move away from the sculpted cowl.

Because they insist on making his cowl a hard helmet of sorts, but for whatever reason, they also try to keep up the illusion that it's a soft cowl when he pulls it back. It wasn't that bad before, but it's even more glaring and obvious since he started wearing this new "bike" half-helmet cowl.

At this point, they might as well just let him pull the helmet back instead of cutting away.

So, I've watched that Flash vs Pollux fight from the 90's show. Why does it seem impossible for modern costumes to create cowls that can easily be put on and off? I wish we could eventually move away from the sculpted cowl.

Ahh, I remember that episode - loved it as it was the closest thing to Reverse Flash that there has been so far.

Finally watched the crossover, meaning I finally got to see that new suit in action. And goodness gracious is it awful. It looks like an average cosplay honestly. The suit from Earth-90 was better.

Another glaring issue with the cowl is that it had two layers to it! It has the hard outer shell, and then a layer that is the same and the body underneath, I'm assuming to try and blend the two to look seamless? The hard shell is so obviously glued on and it's even on there well. I think they were going for a speed skater look because the back of the cowl has a loose pointed tip to it, which was so odd to see on screen as a thing that made it into production.

I do not understand how that suit got approved in all honesty. It's dreadful.

If there keeping this costume around can they atleast give him yellow boots to break up the red

Did anyone catch the graphic of Barry's costume on the STAR Labs computer this last episode? I velbeli it was the scene where he nearly killed Cicada and the team was watching his vitals, or whatever. Why couldn't his actual mask have the same shape as that graphic? Then it would look fine even without the chin strap. Daredevil makes a mask with no chin strap work. If they would just decrease the dome size, this one would look fine, too. There are even certain angles where this one works, but from most, it just doesn't. Too bad, because the rest of the suit is great, IMO.

Did anyone catch the graphic of Barry's costume on the STAR Labs computer this last episode? I velbeli it was the scene where he nearly killed Cicada and the team was watching his vitals, or whatever. Why couldn't his actual mask have the same shape as that graphic? Then it would look fine even without the chin strap. Daredevil makes a mask with no chin strap work. If they would just decrease the dome size, this one would look fine, too. There are even certain angles where this one works, but from most, it just doesn't. Too bad, because the rest of the suit is great, IMO.

Yeah I really don't get why the helmet is as wide as it is. When you see him front-on there are huge gaps between it and his face. There's no reason it can't be more snug, it's been done a jillion times before.

Also, this same cowl looked way better/sleeker/snugger on Amell - who presumably has a wider head - did they like, literally use the same one for both actors? Why couldn't they make one that fit Grant better?
vlcsnap-2019-01-30-16h36m28s591.png

Hey! So they fixed the down/off cowl again! Looks exactly how it should. I wonder if it means they changed the regular one too - or indeed if they've finally managed to be able to have them be one and the same - i.e. the off cowl is also the on one. This one certainly looks nice and sleek, so I hope that's the case. Unfortunately, we never see him with the cowl on in this ep.vlcsnap-2019-02-14-18h44m10s975.png

Hey! So they fixed the down/off cowl again! Looks exactly how it should. I wonder if it means they changed the regular one too - or indeed if they've finally managed to be able to have them be one and the same - i.e. the off cowl is also the on one. This one certainly looks nice and sleek, so I hope that's the case. Unfortunately, we never see him with the cowl on in this ep.View attachment 20847
I noticed that, too. I think they may have updated the cowl and want to wait for an episode where Barry actually features to show it off. Fingers crossed!

Why can't they go back to the season 1 helmet?

Did anyone else notice in "Godspeed" that the suit Nora brought to Barry was "Version 16," and sitting on top of it was "Version 19"? So there's potential for at least 3 more Flash suits (17-19), not to mention Versions 4-15 that we haven't seen yet. Plenty of time for them to perfect the look without breaking continuity, especially if he's keeping all the previous versions. It would explain why he's wearing the older, chin-strap cowl in the 2024 newspaper image.

Did anyone else notice in "Godspeed" that the suit Nora brought to Barry was "Version 16," and sitting on top of it was "Version 19"? So there's potential for at least 3 more Flash suits (17-19), not to mention Versions 4-15 that we haven't seen yet. Plenty of time for them to perfect the look without breaking continuity, especially if he's keeping all the previous versions. It would explain why he's wearing the older, chin-strap cowl in the 2024 newspaper image.
Same thing came to mind when I saw this -- that this is them having fun/their way of having an excuse to have different suits. Not sure if they can write a clever way for them to go back to that time/room to get different suits, but it's there.

Would love to see a reason next season that Barry has to don the Elseworlds Flash costume (yes I know it would have made more sense for the crossover last season)

Just a very cool streamlined sleek look. Probably the best way to justify it wold be to have him travel to a Earth that's atmosphere has become toxic, area is contaminated because of war and that's why the mask is like it is.

Would love to see a reason next season that Barry has to don the Elseworlds Flash costume (yes I know it would have made more sense for the crossover last season)

Just a very cool streamlined sleek look. Probably the best way to justify it wold be to have him travel to a Earth that's atmosphere has become toxic, area is contaminated because of war and that's why the mask is like it is.

While it looks cool, it probably makes him look a bit too much like Zoom. It seems full head masks are not for heroes in the Arrowverse.

While it looks cool, it probably makes him look a bit too much like Zoom. It seems full head masks are not for heroes in the Arrowverse.
Yeah that's why I think you would need to give a reason to put him in it for just the one episode or two.

Just seeing that Godspeed suit makes me think they will maybe show us some more costumes on screen in season 6. Even work as cool upgrade if they want to bring back The Mist as a villian.

Star-Ace Toys are making a figure of the Season 5 suit, looks pretty good in toy form. They reused the head from their figure of the first suit, so this one has the chin strap. I dig it.
Star-Ace-Flash-2.0-Figure-003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"