The Batman Spoiler Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Juke Box Hero, Jun 18, 2020.

1. antsman41 Unseen Arkham Prisoner

Boom. There it is.

2. lime Movie critic

This is the best I can make:
    [​IMG]

3. J.Drangal Registered

I allow myself to use your manip' to try to join even more the two shots. I played around with some distortion to compensate for the different head tilts and other lens effects.

[​IMG]

I really liked the scene by the way ! Again, completely in love with the atmosphere Reeves and his team create for his universe. About the Joker, I was initially very unsure of the take with the scene left in the movie, but with this one I'm in !

The character's mannerism obviously has roots in what Ledger did, but I can see something else, more personal, showing up. A kind of childish attitude, with little chuckles, but also, and that's the meatier part, that slightly romantic attitude towards Batman. It's really cool even if I was expecting a colder, less exuberant Joker for once.
    For the look, I wanted the mouth to be somewhat distorted, either by accident or disease. I was hoping for something like the classic Man Who Laugh but I really like that grosser version they ended up doing. I didn't expect his whole body to be so monstrous though. Not necessarily the path I would have taken, but it looks good to me and as long as it doesn't become completely grotesque (which I think can lessen the disturbing character of a design), I'm fine with it !

Ultimately, what will really get the job done is how Reeves uses the character in the story he wants to tell. And I can't wait to see what will comes next !

#4628 J.Drangal, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  4. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

His lips are really grossing me the hell out. It's disgusting haha. Put some chapstick on, you gross *******.

AndyTrevino and Iceman like this.
  5. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

Grossest Batman villain design since Devito's Penguin? I think quite possibly.

6. BMW 224 Symbol of Vengeance becomes Symbol of Hope

I really does give me a Tim Burton vibe for some reason.

7. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

Nothing is as nightmare inducing as Devito's Penguin.

OnLeatherWings and Iceman like this.
  8. J.Drangal Registered

On the pic above, looking at the mouth and cheeks, I could see somewhat of a nastier, grosser version of Nicholson smile.

Vaibow, BMW 224 and BarryLyndon like this.
  9. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Don’t want too much in the gross direction myself. I love the look of Ledger-Joker for ref.

Rick190293 and B like this.
  10. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

I totally get what you're saying but I am also very much tired of the "Tumblr sexyman" Joker that's become popularized in some circles recently

11. Gold Samurai Registered

I actually think a non scarred Joker/ no disfigurement is more terrifying than a disfigured version.

He looks normal but he's actually very deranged and unstable.

Iceman likes this.
  12. BarryLyndon Observation is a dying art.

We need to realize that this is Reeves Joker.

His reference to elephant man put him in another direction as many of others interpretations. A kind of misunderstood monster, not and anarchist or a terrorist looking for approbations or to prove something specific.

Plus, he seems to be born with trauma as is Riddler and Catwoman. Plus another thing is Reeves kept saying Oz didn't like the Penguin surname and as a lot of complex, but it's never referred in the film which I found pretty underwhelming but you get the similarity between those ''vilains''.

So what we should expect is this :
    Every vilain will be born from Batman's presence and a personal trauma that is a consequences of Gotham's corrupt and dirty system.

The only thing I don't like is Batman's first interaction with Joker not being seen is a bit of a letdown, I really hope those HBO max series delves more into their past.

#4637 BarryLyndon, Mar 26, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    blackmidi and AndyTrevino like this.
  13. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

We also need to realize that this iteration was being written way before Joker 2019, so any similarities are almost entirely coincidental.

BMW 224, SwordOfMorning and kolyid like this.
  14. BarryLyndon Observation is a dying art.

IMO this is more a Hollywood trend : When something works they try the recycle it until it's been overdone.

I mean : 1 - Thomas wayne running for mayor, 2 - Main character having mental health problems like his a mother 3 - Both being a fully grounded approach of those characters. (Like Gordon said : ''You're a detective now, son. You're not allowed to believe in coincidence anymore'')

In the beginning of the 2000s they were a bunch of movie about the ''beginning'' of popular character aswell, as in the 90s a lot of crime thriller, 80s slasher, etc.

The only thing is that Joker is the beginning of that new trend, plus it marks the end of a decade full of superhero films. It was less being about cgi and more about storytelling, camera technique and acting, which is not a bad influence, though.

#4639 BarryLyndon, Mar 26, 2022
  15. TheVileOne Registered

Well, we don't know those things didn't influence the film either during production. Filming was completed in March 2021. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I doubt those shared elements were coincidental in stand-alone Batman films.

16. TheVileOne Registered

As I've said before, they're a cult. Cultists aren't rational. Green lighting the Snyder cut only enabled and empowered the cult.

Silver can be like a Bat-vlogger on Bat-Twitch, which will be like the light side version of Riddler 4chan in the film. Silver St. Cloud could be her Bat-Twitch handle, OR she could be a lurker who wants to uncover Batman's identity for herself...

#4641 TheVileOne, Mar 26, 2022
  17. Doctor Jones Super Moderator

And here I am wanting Silver to remain an event planner.

TheVileOne likes this.
  18. TheVileOne Registered

Virtual Bat-streams on Bat-Twitch are events.

19. Doctor Jones Super Moderator

I was thinking since in the sequel where Bruce will want to be more active, he might get in touch with Silver to plan charity benefits and such and they bond from there.

TheVileOne likes this.
  20. TheVileOne Registered

You can do charity drives on virtual livestreams events :) .

Doctor Jones likes this.
  21. Doctor Jones Super Moderator

Sure, you can that, but it'd be good to also see a big charity drive at Wayne Tower (or Manor) and Bruce in that crowd.

TheVileOne likes this.
  22. BMW 224 Symbol of Vengeance becomes Symbol of Hope

Did anyone think Paul Danos Riddler felt to much like Joker again ?

Just feels way to campy and over the top for me the same problem I had with Jim Carrey.

The trailer made him seem serious subdued while still being physotic almost like he was suffering from PTSD.

I just like Riddler being a little less on the eccentric side makes him feel serperate from Joker.

I feel like his performance really shined when he was angry and bitter.

I would have liked to see more of that.

Someone less who's looking like there having fun with there schemes and more like someone who sees there schemes as a nessaarcy evil and doesn't take much joy from it.

Like Kevin Spaceys character from Seven or the Riddler from the BTAS.

#4647 BMW 224, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  23. Sharkboy Tell em Steve-Dave

Not really no.

24. BMW 224 Symbol of Vengeance becomes Symbol of Hope

I'm Glad it worked for you :up:.

25. chintai80 oh hi.

he was a gleeful psycho who took joy out of his crimes/riddles like a darker version of frank gorshin's riddler and i loved it.

AndyTrevino, BMW 224 and Broseph44 like this.