The Batman Spoiler Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Juke Box Hero, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Bobber Registered

You don't think this film is a morality tale about radicalism and the alt-right incel movement?

AndyTrevino and SwordOfMorning like this.
  2. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

Hard to say at what point he realized it wouldn't make the cut, but I kinda doubt it was written in the script with the intent to be a deleted scene. If I'm not mistaken, a longer cut of the movie with this scene included did have a test screening.

3. Rod Registered

ohhh sh... my friends

That could explain his absence, in case he is gone by Arkham series initial point

4. Boom I got nothin'

Matt Reeves on The Joker:

[​IMG]

5. kolyid Registered

Beginning with the release of this film and now especially with the release of this scene yesterday makes me realize how bat **** insane Snyder stans can be.

6. Gold Samurai Registered

I brought that up in the General thread.

If people want to get nuts. Let's speculate it was Harley who put the paper clips on the documents

;)

Rod likes this.
  7. BattleAngel Registered

Right, can’t believe I glossed over that, but then again I think I’m trying to keep the whole third act out of my memory lol. You are 100% right though, and through that lens, you could see even Batman being cast in that light.

8. Rod Registered

Great catch!!

9. weezerspider Registered

We can enjoy the movie and love Reeves without worshiping at the altar. He wrote it and decided it didn’t fit and cut it. That’s part of the filmmaking process. We don’t need to Galaxy brain it to make Reeves seem like he’s God.

AndyTrevino likes this.
  10. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Side note… can we get Aubrey Plaza in a Batman movie? I know she wanted to play Catwoman and that obviously won’t happen now (and I don’t think she would be right for it anyway) but I feel like there’s some character that would fit her. Maybe Gilda Dent.

Gandhi and SwordOfMorning like this.
  11. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

Yeah but it aint me based on your response...

I have said like 5 dozen times I have no issues with where anyone ranks the film or why they may or may not like the film. I have zero issue with the fact that every time there is more than like a page of people saying good things about the film someone has to post a 12 paragraph essay about why this film isn't as good as we think, how it stole from another film or how some other director/actor/writer/caterer did it better. 99% of all the discussion has been fun and polite which is the only thing that matters to me. Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't find it informative and I read all of it.

I just think it is ironic that the very posters who accuse everyone of "destroying old films to prop up new films" can't help but make sure to do the exact same thing in reverse and never see they are doing it so I wanted to point it out this time. There is nothing wrong with it, we all do some form of it that is kind of the point.

Then again I have never been one to care that people agree with my opinions. That would be boring.

AndyTrevino and SwordOfMorning like this.
  12. Boom I got nothin'

Silver St. Cloud.

SwordOfMorning and Deck Rickard like this.
  13. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

I think it works best because it was cut. If it had been in the film it would have been cool but felt out of place and kind of like an exposition dump. I mean Joker basically nails it...and that just wouldn't seem right.

BMW 224 likes this.
  14. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

That could work. Silver will always hold a special place in my heart for apparently being the only person on earth who was able to identity Batman as Bruce Wayne by his jawline.

Robin John Blake figured it out because of some weird look that orphans have in the eyes or something, Bane figured it out (in the comics) because Batman “could be no one else,” but to my knowledge, Silver is the only person who ever just took a good look at Batman’s face, lol.

15. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

That is how I read it...he probably doesn't have a persona yet.

16. Boom I got nothin'

John Blake: "Uh, he doesn't know or care who you are; but we've met before. It was a long time ago, I was a kid, uh, Saint Swithin's used to be funded by the Wayne foundation; it was an orphanage. My mom died when I was small; it was a car accident, I don't really remember it. But, uh, my dad got shot a couple years later over a gambling debt. And I remember that one just fine. Not a lot people know what if feels like to, uh, be angry... in your bones. I mean, they understand, your foster parents, everybody else understands... for a while. But then they want the angry little kid to do something he knows he can't do. Move on. So, after awhile, they stop understanding. They send the angry kid to a boys home. I figured it out too late. You got to learn to hide the anger. Practice smiling in the mirror. It's like putting on a mask. So, you showed up this one day in a cool car, pretty girl on your arm. We were so excited! Bruce Wayne; billionaire orphan! I mean, we use to make up stories about you, man. Legends. And, you know, with the other kids, that's all it was, just stories, but... right when I saw you, I knew who you really were. I'd seen that look on your face before. It was the same one I taught myself. I don't know why you took the fall for Dent's murder, but I'm still a believer in the Batman. Even if you're not."

Bruce Wayne: "***** get the **** out of my house."

17. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

I think it was meant to be in the film...but I bet it was an early decision to cut. They probably screened it to see if fans liked having Joker be the one who seems to get it or if they want Riddler to explain it.

I have to think, any final version of the film that includes that scene does not have the long Riddler scene later. They probably cut that down significantly because otherwise it is repetitive.

18. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

Don't you mean he said:

[​IMG] :o:o

19. Jekecy Registered

All these mock-ups don't account for how the two shots have Barry in different head positions, which morphs how the face looks.

We can see in the blurry shots it still looks like Barry generally, while the manips don't look anything like him.

AndyTrevino likes this.
  20. Boom I got nothin'

Yep. The image used for the top half has his head at a different angle than the image used for the bottom half. Just sticking the two together and trying to blend them into one image is literally changing the size of Keoghan's face and the shape of his features. Even in the pictures where he's out of focus, he still very much looks like Barry Keoghan. These manips make the prosthetics look far more extreme than I think is truly accurate.

#4620 Boom, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    AndyTrevino, Nightprey and BMW 224 like this.
  21. SwordOfMorning Returning some video tapes.

I think this might if anything be the most ‘topical’ Batman film. Apart from maybe, maybe TDK.

AndyTrevino and chintai80 like this.
  22. SwordOfMorning Returning some video tapes.

Plaza as Gilda is inspired. If they do Harvey, I want Gilda to be a primary focus in his story.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  23. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Same here. Gilda is a fascinating character and the end of TLH is still probably the biggest shocker for me when reading a comic book.

24. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

This is such a Joker thing to do

AndyTrevino, DKDetective and BMW 224 like this.
  25. Broseph44 Witness Me

Yes I am aware of that. Sorry thought it still looked kinda cool either way. I deleted it now anyway.