The Batman Spoiler Discussion Thread

It seems likely that a lot of the characters in this film will have recurring, supporting or main roles in the HBO show.

Gordon, Pete Savage, Chief Bock, Gil Perez-Abraham's character, Mayor Don Mitchell, Falcone, Maroni (doesn't appear in the film, but can appear in the show) , Penguin, Joker, Bella Real, Gil Colson

Riddler being the bastard son of Thomas Wayne and the half-brother of Bruce would be the biggest shark jump of this whole movie on the level of "I am the author of all of your pain, James" Biofield in Spectre.
Rehash of Arthur Fleck and Thomas Wayne in Joker too

Okay but here wears a strange mask that looks like something Hush would wear when the riddler doesn’t normally conceal his face. He’s not wearing bandages but it’s close, it’s insinuating or suggesting he has no real face or identity of his own. Plus, he tapes up the former mayors face at the beginning which look exactly like the pattern of bandages he wears as hush for a mask.

I think I am correct, we shall see then in March, good day to you.
The mask is pretty obviously inspired by real life Serial Killer, the Zodiac Killer.

Here’s a question I don’t think I’ve seen asked (apologies if it’s been discussed). Have any of the people who attended test screenings said whether the movie contains an opening credits sequence? It’s not something that’s been in style for the last decade, but I think it would be really cool and give this beautiful score center stage.

Last edited:
Some people here have been asking for details about the third act or straight up for a summary of leaked plot details. However, I haven't seen any replies to those posts.
So I conclude, it doesn't make sense to ask the same questions, although I'm dying to get as spoiled about this movie as possible.
Is there any place where I can find leaks beyond ViewerAnon's information on reddit?
Thanks!

Here’s a question I don’t think I’ve seen asked (apologies if it’s been discussed). Have any of the people who attended test screenings said whether the movie contains an opening credits sequence? It’s not something that’s been in style for the last decade, but I think it would be really cool and give this beautiful score center stage.
I didn't read anything about opening credits, all I know is it opens on Halloween with Don Mitchell getting ready to take his son trick or treating I believe.

From the looks of this latest TV Spot, Wayne and Nashton possibly have a childhood connection, interesting, although that rumor has been going around anyway.

How does that scene from the most recent tv spot play out? with batman hiding in the shadows just sitting there watching them in the batmobile. I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it.

New TV spot

Looks like Alfred gets hurt. Bruce is by his bed side when he says "You lied to me Alfred"

New TV spot

Looks like Alfred gets hurt. Bruce is by his bed side when he says "You lied to me Alfred"

Which TV spot has that? I think you linked the wrong one... This one only has the Batman/Penguin chase.

This might be too overt a question to ask, but do any of our villains die in this? Will we be seeing Penguin and Riddler in a sequel?

This might be too overt a question to ask, but do any of our villains die in this? Will we be seeing Penguin and Riddler in a sequel?

Both Riddler and Penguin will appear and develop in every film. Just like Batman, Selina and Joker. At least that's what I expect. They are the core members of the rogues gallery.

I was talking in the general discussion earlier about how the new audio clip of "I always loved little riddles" sounded more like Barry than it did Paul Dano. I can't prove it one way or the other, and it doesn't help that the two share a similar vocal range to one another. But I have been reviewing the audio repeatedly to try my best to figure it out.

The big difference, to me at least, is with the pronunciations they have on certain words. Listen carefully to how the voice in the first clip says "little riddles." I revisited a number of different scenes and performances in different films that Paul Dano has been in to provide myself cleaner audio samples of Dano's voice, as every confirmed audio we have from him as Riddler is layered over in some way with either a voice modulator or a jail telephone static.

Again, there's no way to be entirely certain. But the "little riddles" segment is just a bit off from the general vocalizations Dano has, not just with the confirmed Riddler dialogue samples, but with other films' samples.

In addition, the argument I've seen pop up for it being Paul is that since the line is almost exactly the same as another line from a recent promotional video that absolutely was said by Riddler ("I've always loved little puzzles"), the lack of any sort of modulation would suggest the scene takes place during the interrogation scene he shares with Batman.

... Only I'm fairly sure that the audio from 0:19 onwards in this other new commercial is from that interrogation scene. And if that's the case, regardless of if there's still some level of telephone static going on with Riddler in that scene, his pitch is now notably different from both the one we've heard numerous times with the voice modulator and the voice that loves "little riddles."

A voice that "loves little riddles" that is also quite reminiscent of Barry Keoghan's voice in Killing of a Sacred Deer.

However there is another reason that occurred to me after listening to the audio clip that makes me think it's Barry. We know for a fact that Joker and Riddler bond over riddles at the end of the film, as previously informed to us by this post and other reactions that surfaced out of the late November test screening.

I’m not sure I have anything that hasn’t already been said

Joker says the line “One day you’re on top, and the next day everyone’s laughing at you like a clown”

and then tells him the riddle of “What becomes more valuable the less you see of it? A friend” and they both laugh

Other than that, his mannerisms and overall personality were described as the closest thing to BTAS joker we’ve gotten in live action

And he did say it’s placed really randomly in the film and they’d be better off cutting it out

And like I said in the General Thread; I could be wrong. It's not the end of the world if I'm wrong! I really don't care either way who said the line! :funny:

I'm just going off of what my ears are telling me, after listening to these audio clips over and over and over and over and over again, through phone speakers, computer speakers, earbuds and professional recording headphones.

People are taking that one clip too seriously. It's clearly Dano. There's a 1-word difference and it's an alternate take. It's not that big of a deal. Maybe someone who knows can chime in but does Keoghan even say a line similar to that or is his only line "one day you're on top of the world, the next day you're a clown"

Last edited:
Spitballing what I think the GCPD show will be like...

The GCPD show will take us back one year, to the POV of the GCPD seeing Batman emerge for the first time. A young officer named Stanley Merkel will be Gordon's partner. The Drops, a street drug employed by Falcone, Maroni and Penguin will be at large throughout the show. Penguin is close to Maroni and looks up to him. Lots of tension between Falcone and Maroni. Falcone will sell out Maroni at some point in the show, which will lead Penguin to have some reservations and inner conflicts about him. Merkel is a young cop who is easily influenced and corruptible. He has some sort of weakness, i.e a sick mother, a sick father or someone he cares for and protects. This person is sick and needs help. Merkel needs money. He gets in with some of the other corrupt cops in the precinct and ends up doing a job for Falcone, smuggling/dealing Drops. The show will strictly follow this plotline as it develops. Gordon rising up the ranks to lieutenant. Characters like Mayor Don Mitchell, Gil Colson, Pete Savage, Bella Real will all have subplots explaining their backgrounds and how it led to the events in the film. Other smaller characters like Chief Bock, Gil Perez-Abraham's cop character will be recurring parts throughout the show. Eventually, Merkel will be part of a deal gone wrong where he will either attempt to steal some of the profits for his own and get burned out by the mob or other corrupt cops, or because of his depression he will start abusing the Drops, which have dangerous side effects. He will be inspired by the logo of the Drops, the gloomy smiley face and bright colors. Then the big stinger of the show, Merkel's weakness (the person he cares for) will die, either murdered by the mob, the corrupt cops or by Merkel's own distractions and lack of ability to take care of them. This will lead Merkel down a dark path and he will commit some sort of heinous crime that will lead him to cross paths with Batman for the first time, getting apprehended and locked up in Arkham. The show will also explain a lot of the history of Gotham, especially the Wayne's, with maybe some flashbacks of the Wayne's, appearances by Bruce Wayne, characters mentioning and speaking about Bruce Wayne.

Lol this is just me spitballing, but I honestly hope I'm right haha

@C Prometheus

I think it's a valid speculation. And even if the line was Dano, it's still possible they edited in a laugh from Barry. If you think about it, I don't think it would make sense to have a Riddler who cackles like that if you're also planning on introducing Joker in the same film. It doesn't seem to fit Riddler's persona in this movie.

Also from a marketing standpoint, I also think this is WB dropping subliminal hints to make people wonder "could that be..."

@C Prometheus

I think it's a valid speculation. And even if the line was Dano, it's still possible they edited in a laugh from Barry. If you think about it, I don't think it would make sense to have a Riddler who cackles like that if you're also planning on introducing Joker in the same film. It doesn't seem to fit Riddler's persona in this movie.

Also from a marketing standpoint, I also think this is WB dropping subliminal hints to make people wonder "could that be..."
The thing is, someone said Joker's laugh sounded like a human hyena and the laugh we hear is a bit deeper; plus they both laugh during that scene in Arkham

The thing is, someone said Joker's laugh sounded like a human hyena and the laugh we hear is a bit deeper; plus they both laugh during that scene in Arkham
Is there a full description of that scene somewhere?

The thing is, someone said Joker's laugh sounded like a human hyena and the laugh we hear is a bit deeper

To be fair, this is just one person's interpretation of what they're hearing. But listen to this hyena laugh that starts this video. It only lasts maybe a second or two, but it's like a low chuckle.

Listening to the laugh at the end of this trailer, I can see how one might be reminded of a hyena's laugh. It's not a cackle, but more of a titter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"