The Batsuit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This from the Batsuit page on wiki
This Batsuit appears using various elements fromChristopher Nolan's*The Dark Knight Trilogy. Just as in*The Dark Knight, it is made of hardened kevlar plates on titanium-dipped tri-weave fibers and is broken into multiple pieces of armor over a more flexible bodysuit for greater mobility.*

That's extremely speculative. To me, it just looks like a cloth suit with some cool seamlines that mimic musculature in places.

Don't get me wrong, I really like both styles, but I think the comparison is reaching. It doesn't look like segmented armor at all. I'd more easily believe there was an armor mesh underneath, as has been shown in other modern Batman comics where his suit appeared (unrealistically) skin-tight.

Someone else said the neck was segmented, which I seem to remember from a couple of panels from Court of Owls. Good catch. :up:

It looks armoured in Lee's art. Other times it clearly isn't.

whatever suit he gets, I hope he has his eyes covered with some type of lens, 99% of the time in the comics you cannot see his eyes and its not because their to lazy to draw them in, its cause he has lens there. It was hinted at in The Dark Knight, why not go all the way with the new Batman, plus it helps with the whole mystery black eye make up thing lol

0017ay8f.jpg

Worst continuity mistake ever.

^Not so much a mistake as a concession, I think. It's not like they forgot to put it on.

Last edited:
whatever suit he gets, I hope he has his eyes covered with some type of lens, 99% of the time in the comics you cannot see his eyes and its not because their to lazy to draw them in, its cause he has lens there. It was hinted at in The Dark Knight, why not go all the way with the new Batman, plus it helps with the whole mystery black eye make up thing lol

Oppositely, I've been wanting to see no-lens Batman in the comics more.

I absolutely want to see the lenses, it's about time.

^ I agree, lose the trunks, shorter ears. A little more New 52 suit influence.

The only thing I really care for with the Arkham suit is the padded look. The knee pads and upper body segments. That's well done.

Never liked how chunky the boots and gauntlets are - reminds me of TDK/TDKR Batman's helmet looking too rounded because it's not meeting his neck in a streamlined way anymore.

Also would go for a less thin/flat/heavy looking cape, give him a harder-edged Bat emblem. Oh, and a less tighter-than-his-actual-face looking cowl. Always looked weird to me. lol

h92EA999D

Something like this please!

What this really shows me is that if they were to go grey and midnight blue as opposed to black, they should go with the yellow/gold oval. The black bat with the blue cape and cowl just looks strange.

It's weird how Arkham Batman's cape and cowl sometimes look very blue, sometimes look BARELY blue - as in that pic, you have to strain pretty hard to not just assume it's black, and sometimes it looks fully black.

Asylum was black all the way through when I played it, but I've seen screenshots of City where it's blue as the ocean.

Don't care for the blue at all, myself. It's fine for highlighting black in a cartoon or comic because you can connect the dots on that with your imagination, but I don't want to see it in a film. It becomes tacky in person.

0017ay8f.jpg

Worst continuity mistake ever.

I don't think that's a continuity error. It was intentional. That's the scene where he rips off the mask ... they obviously didn't want him to look like a raccoon afterward.

KBZ

I don't think that's a continuity error. It was intentional. That's the scene where he rips off the mask ... they obviously didn't want him to look like a raccoon afterward.

KBZ

I think they were just thinking "It happens very quickly, nobody will notice" But we did notice.

It's alright, but too monochrome. I think the only was that a monochrome suit works is if your stress the golden belt and use the yellow oval for contrast.

Batman_lenses_1024_zpsf3543501.jpg
I do not want to see this.

Untitled-1_zpsd0a6fcbc.jpg
This is perfect though. High tech contact lenses will work for bats.

There's a large portion of the forums that begs for a more fantasy based version for the next film as far as the villains. While I don't particularly want to see KillerCroc or Clayface, I don't see why the same can't be said for the suit. I'm not sure I'd want it, but what do u guys think about a mix between a modern take on the traditional suit and the Beyond suit? Especially in the case of a Justice League movie. That would give purpose to the lenses, which I definitely want to see. Something similar to the scene in the first Iron Man when his heads up display that identified everything he looked at. Take that further with a data base of people's faces. Built in the amplified hearing and radio into the cowl. Nebezial on Deviantart for a great cowl. And maybe even add the servomotors in time. I always thought of the outside texture of the Beyond suit being almost like microsuade over flexible Kevlar padding. I don't know. Just spit balling. What do you guys think.

Batman_lenses_1024_zpsf3543501.jpg
I do not want to see this.

Untitled-1_zpsd0a6fcbc.jpg
This is perfect though. High tech contact lenses will work for bats.

very true. and actually the suit made by the same person is a pretty good template from which to work on:

Batman: Beyond the Black Mask -- set 5 years after TDKR (1 year after Justice League), featuring a fully trained Robin Blake, with a fancy new suit from former military equipment expert, Fox Jr. ;) yeahhhh

6469335347_f024abaf3d.jpg

Last edited:
for the actors sake i would put vents near the ears.

KBZ

At that point, attempting to fulfill the suspension of disbelief, they should've had him make the move to start ripping it off with the make-up still on -- cut to Catwoman -- then cut back to have him rip it off without the make-up.

That one cut would've saved it. Instead, for the sake of having the unmasking occur in one move, they unfortunately gave us a good long look at the error they conciously made.

At that point, attempting to fulfill the suspension of disbelief, they should've had him make the move to start ripping it off with the make-up still on -- cut to Catwoman -- then cut back to have him rip it off without the make-up.

That one cut would've saved it. Instead, for the sake of having the unmasking occur in one move, they unfortunately gave us a good long look at the error they conciously made.

That part always bugs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back