The Better General Ross: Sam Elliott vs. William Hurt

Midnight's post is going to take ages to reply to but i think i can sum it well in saying his interpretation of the hulk differs from my own and therefore so does the interpretation of his surrounding cast. This probably stems from him seeing the hulk as more of an anti-hero while i see him as simply an entity of nature personified that reacts to his surroundings.

This I agree with. You beat me to it. I was going to say that after two weeks of this discussion and debate. I can no longer go for writing thesis' in support of my position and argument.

I value your analysis and am very interested in hearing more you have to say on future characters, as well.

I will say this though; deciding who the better or truer Ross is simply comes down to what we, as fans, are looking for in the character and in relation to HULK. So I do not really feel that one is better than the other, but I do feel given the state of how the movie is themed and illustrated one Ross is better suited than the other.

November Rain....great feed back and critique of Elliot and both HULK movies. I definitely see where your development of Ross' character stems from and how you feel it should have or has been translated and apapted on film.

For me most definitely William Hurt

Sam Elliot, easily. Yes, he wasn't "faithful" to the comic, in that he was an actual sympathetic, reasonable authority figure who was trying to do the right thing just as much as Bruce and Betsy. This is what I would call "improving on the source material".

William Hurt is the better villain as he initially comes across as a friend to the Avengers, before he shows his true colours.

Well technically Elliot’s Ross isn’t MCU so he shouldn’t exist as a pick!! Lol. Seriously they both had good points but I picked hurt but just barely

I preferred Hurt's version personally.
But hey, they're both two great actors and they're in two of my favorite films:

EoREMfxXMAM7-D9.jpg

Body Heat ( 1981)

best-of-roadhouse.jpg

Roadhouse ( 1989)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"