Bumblebee The Bumblebee Spin-Off Official Thread

BumbleBee opened to very low numbers during the weekend. But it was to be expected after the sharp decline of the last 2 Bayformers joint. BB is paying for the sins of previous TF movies. The aim is to be the Batman Begins of the franchise i.e b bring the TF movies back into the good books of the fans as well as the general audience but Paramount should have scheduled a bigger gap between TLK & BB if that was their goal.

But BB does have great WoM going for it so it may reach a decent total or at least achieve a respectable finish after a poor start. So we just hafta hope for great legs from this point on-wards and I think we are in good hands...... or maybe legs
qC9N13YS_o.jpg

We shall see. Over the holidays, most movies aren't as frontloaded, unless they are Star Wars.

They are fictional aliens, you can literally make them look however you want. Like why do Star Trek aliens, most of them, look almost identical to humans?

Small hijacking, actually there is an in universe explanation for that.

So basically all they did was take the basic G1 designs and add a bunch of extra details and texture to them.

Which Michael Bay would never have done.

To be fair, he had enough chances too do that and didn't so all hail TK.

To be fair, he had enough chances too do that and didn't so all hail TK.

I won't hail Travis Knight. He did an OK job, not a great one. Better than Michael Bay, but that's not saying a lot after Michael Bay set the bar so low.

I won't hail Travis Knight. He did an OK job, not a great one. Better than Michael Bay, but that's not saying a lot after Michael Bay set the bar so low.

I haven't seen it yet, it's just I think Bay is an awful director and producer and hate his Transformer films and pretty much anything he's done so just that Knight's looks to be a better understanding of how to present the material and it's characters.

There's still a part of me that enjoys a few of the Bayformers. I don't care for the ''humour'' or the fact that every character is a zany a**hole, but I've seen worse Transformers iterations that get way more praise than they deserve IMO.

If any of you have seen my posts, you'll know I'm not exactly a huge fan of Crapformers. In fact, after Age of SuckStinkShun, I swore I'd never see another and, until recently, that was the case. The fact that my not-so-favorite director wasn't directing it gave me the excuse I needed. I never thought I'd say this, but I saw a Transformer movie I actually liked. Of course I went to school, taught, worked, and lived in Santa Cruz for many, many years so that was a nice touch for me. The fact that The Smiths are one of my all time favorite groups didn't hurt either. The movie was actually GOOD!!! Wow....never thought I'd write or say that.....

Even as someone who liked the Bay movies, I loved this. Knight brings a lot of heart to proceedings and he is helped by an excellent and cute as hell Hailee Steinfeld in the lead. Bee as always is awesome, and those opening 15 mins on Cybertron was the stuff of a Transformer fans dream. Interesting how they ended things, but I hope the Box Office picks up as I would definitely see a sequel.

8.5/10.

Hot damn, still can't believe how faithful and awesome they look.

Once again, they looked cool, but they were barely onscreen. That amounted up to just a few minutes of screentime and barely any dialogue for the Cybertronians.

So, I'm not going to celebrate them for that. A step in the right direction, yes, but still not the greatest Transformers movie.

So...how soon will we find out an actual reboot is imminent?

I think a reboot will depend on BB's final box office haul.

I think it will be a reboot regardless. Hasbro won't let Transformers sit idle for long.

For me they should carry on with things but get Knight back at all costs, whether that’s a BB2, a Prime movie or another continuation of the main franchise.

For me they should carry on with things but get Knight back at all costs, whether that’s a BB2, a Prime movie or another continuation of the main franchise.

You mean continue on from The Last Knight? I don't think any director should have to carry the weight of that burden.

You mean continue on from The Last Knight? I don't think any director should have to carry the weight of that burden.
Thought he's implying Knight did that good of a job on this.

Yeah I was, I would have confidence in Knight being able to carry on from where TLK left off, even though that movie messed with the franchise quite a bit.

They could just do what they did with BB and continue some stuff while ignoring others. The TF comics do this all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"