The Bye Bye Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name the cat Special Agent Jack Bauer.

If I were to get a male cat, I'd name it Battle Cat or just Tom.

My female cat is very chill except between the hours of 5 AM - 7 AM when she knows its time to eat she starts running up and down the hall, chirping, and slapping my bedroom door. If she is in my bedroom at that time she starts walking across my chest repeatedly and bumping my head with her head. She also gets excited by strings and red lazer pointers.

If you get a cat as a kitten you might be able to make it into a more active day cat. But there is only so much you can do. Cats are natutally crepuscular. That means their bodies are most active at dusk and dawn. Humans are diurnal. Our bodies are most active in the day. Which is when a cats body is least active. Thats why cats seem so lazy in the day and so damn crazy at the most random times. Cats naturally also sleep 16 hours a day. An older cat can sleep 20 hours a day. Its just how they are wired. When they arent active and hunting they sleep. But in a houre they dont hunt so they mostly sleep. To keep a cat healthy and active you need to stimulate their mind to simulate a hunt. A string or lazer pointer will do.

Thanks for the insight Marv. :yay:

My female cat is very chill except between the hours of 5 AM - 7 AM when she knows its time to eat she starts running up and down the hall, chirping, and slapping my bedroom door. If she is in my bedroom at that time she starts walking across my chest repeatedly and bumping my head with her head. She also gets excited by strings and red laser pointers.

If you get a cat as a kitten you might be able to make it into a more active day cat. But there is only so much you can do. Cats are natutally crepuscular. That means their bodies are most active at dusk and dawn. They evolved this way because iy allows cats to save their energy during the hottest parts of the day. Humans are diurnal. Our bodies are most active in the day. Which is when a cats body is least active. Thats why cats seem so lazy in the day and so damn crazy at the most random times. Cats naturally also sleep 16 hours a day. An older cat can sleep 20 hours a day. Its just how they are wired. When they arent active and hunting they sleep. But in a house they dont hunt so they mostly sleep. To keep a cat healthy and active you need to stimulate their mind by simulating a hunt or chase. A string or laser pointer will accomplish that.

For anyone who doesn't want to read this long, unnecessary essay...

CATS ARE EVIL. THEY WANT TO KILL YOU AND ONE DAY THEY WILL.

Sleep tight.

For anyone who doesn't want to read this long, unnecessary essay...

CATS ARE EVIL. THEY WANT TO KILL YOU AND ONE DAY THEY WILL.

Sleep tight.

I have 2 cats :oldrazz:

Also, getting a new pup in the coming weeks. Plan to raise the kitten & dog together.

I have 2 cats :oldrazz:

I have 4... well... 3 and a half cause one is like 67 years old.

We're survivors, Morg... I can't say the same for the others... It takes and Oliver Queen like attitude (ahem hello Krypton) to survive a cat.

I'm wanting a Persian kitten, but I hear those are a little pricey.

Also, getting a new pup in the coming weeks. Plan to raise the kitten & dog together.

We need details... breed... mechanical enhancements... can they fly?

I had a friend who named her dog Nala, despite the fact that's the name of friggin' cartoon lion. The lesson is, go with your heart and name it what you wish. Unless you're giving dog names to cats, or vice versa. That's dumb.

I have 4... well... 3 and a half cause one is like 67 years old.
UltimatEly
We're survivors, Morg... I can't say the same for the others... It takes and Oliver Queen like attitude (ahem hello Krypton) to survive a cat.

The real Green Arrow knows all about handling fat cats.

dc141e9f48851c97de2cf65c95d40fd6.jpg

Totally different outcome if it was ribs, right?

Your goddamn right I'm gonna eat some bus stop ribs even if it's from sketchy toothless bum. That's ribs were talking about, completely different. Funny enough, they bought everyone Rib City for lunch at work today and it was so, so good.

What would your response be if it was a live chicken?

[YT]AEYN5w4T_aM[/YT]

And it wouldnt surprise me if Slushy sent private messages trying to argue with C. Lee or other mods. It may have simply escalated behind the scenes.

I've outlasted all the crazy Trumpeteers! Of course there wil be more, there always is. Slushy was the final one that needed to go. Sadly I was already on my last infraction so had to put him on ignore because I knew what would happen if I didn't. I did see that racist meme he posted and noticed it and the discussion were cleaned up today.

oy.....

someone pour me a drink if we're going to deal with this

oy.....

someone pour me a drink if we're going to deal with this

Have the drink with some bus stop ribs I say.

What's the etiquette on that? White wine? Red? Night Train? Colt .45?

Have the drink with some bus stop ribs I say.

What's the etiquette on that? White wine? Red? Night Train? Colt .45?

I own this book.
51jbr8xWkoL.jpg

I will find where I put it and see what it says about bus stop ribs.

Hahaha. My name is not Jon & not planning on naming the puppy Odie. :woot:

Odie belonged to Jons roommate Lyman originally. :o

Where the **** did he go anyway?

At the very least keep rodents away.

As usual you made me laugh. LOL

I remember hearing a few years ago on the Discovery Channel that house cats have the largest predatory diversity on Earth. Can confirm. Had a young female cat when my family lived slightly out in the country when I was younger. After she had kittens, she became a psycopath. If she wasn't tearing apart grasshoppers, she was trying to bring dead birds and field mice into the house. Oh, but she topped herself when I stepped out of the house to go to school, and found an entire family of moles dead, and lined up on the porch. One medium sized mole, and 3 babies. Of course she didn't want to eat them, she just left them there as a warning to Jehovah's witnesses.

Sadly the psycopath cat gene passed down. I woke up one day to find out her 1 year old kitten had brought in a field mouse, and benevolently decided to pull some of it's intestines out, but not kill it. While I went to find something to put the poor mouse out of it's misery, the cat would alternate inbetween hugging it and purring, tossing it in my shoe then digging it out, and batting it around.

Moral of the story? Dogs are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"