The Catwoman/Selina Kyle Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif

Not coordinated?

Bye.

No kidding that may actually lower her chances. Not saying it definitely crosses her off the list, but if it comes down to her and let's say, 3 other actresses that give equally great performances but can do their own stunts and have all the physicality needed for the character (which with a character like Selina, you can easily integrate that physicality in the performance which makes them more appealing) then I can see them deciding to cross her off the list.

And there are so may actresses that could be good as Catwoman I think they'll ultimately go for one that can be very flexible and physical.

Jessica Stroup for Catwoman? I haven't seen her in anything in ages (I've only seen her in The Hills Have Eyes 2 which was 12 years ago) so I thought she was older, but it turns out she's 32 now. Apparently she's been in a lot of stuff since then, including Iron Fist which I haven't seen.

MV5BMTNkN2IzMzItNzJhYy00MWJjLWEzZWMtNTliODRiN2RiMTllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTExMjk4NA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

ifsjGzQ.jpg

Last edited:
No kidding that may actually lower her chances. Not saying it definitely crosses her off the list, but if it comes down to her and let's say, 3 other actresses that give equally great performances but can do their own stunts and have all the physicality needed for the character (which with a character like Selina, you can easily integrate that physicality in the performance which makes them more appealing) then I can see them deciding to cross her off the list.

And there are so may actresses that could be good as Catwoman I think they'll ultimately go for one that can be very flexible and physical.
Robert Pattinson has less muscle mass than all the other potential Batman candidates and that didn't seem to affect his casting at all. What a weird post, she just did two big action films in a row and one of which is famous for its practical stunts (and was also one of the best action films of all time).

Kirby's my top choice outside of Sonoya Mizuno, so I'd be more than happy if she got cast

Robert Pattinson has less muscle mass than all the other potential Batman candidates and that didn't seem to affect his casting at all. What a weird post, she just did two big action films in a row and one of which is famous for its practical stunts (and was also one of the best action films of all time).
Because the list of actors that could play Batman isn't nearly as big as the list of actresses that can play Selina and there were basically zero actors as good as Pattinson that could do their stunts. Plus in the case of skin tight wearing characters that are extremely showy like Selina or let's say Spider-Man it's a bit preferable to cast someone that is most of all flexible and can do some of their own stuff. If I recall correctly that's one of the reasons Pfeiffer and Hathaway got cast. Selina is a very showy character, if you can get an actress that can incorporate those types of movements in a performance that's better than one that can't.

THere's something we call "trainning" for a reason...actors can learn how to fight
just look at alicia vikander,she was badass for tomb raider,and said she didnt believe she had this strengh on her.

She stands no realistic chance of getting the part but she worked with Matt Reeves in Cloverfield, she's in the age range, she's been involved in the Batman universe before and she is possibly the hottest woman living on this planet: Jessica Lucas.
3XNecyL.jpg

I was going through the old Catwoman thread post TDK and it was an interesting time.
Catwoman Discussion Thread
I still, to this day, would've preferred Anne and Marion switched roles (if Marion hadn't been pregnant, of course). I can't watch Love Me if You Dare without thinking what an amazing Catwoman she could've been. And Anne being secretly evil might've actually surprised people at that time, not to mention I'd sooner buy her as Liam Neeson's daughter. Oh well.

Last edited:
Eh. I still don’t think we’re getting two Brits for Bat and Cat.

(re: Vanessa Kirby)

I love that someone mention Shawnee Smith for Catwoman in that old thread, lol. Maybe we could have also had Leigh Whannel as Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"