• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight The Chances of An Extended DVD ....

Every scene?

That's obviously some deleted footage (Batman jumping on the cop cars for one). It would be nice if we could at least get deleted scenes as extras, but judging by Batman Begins, I think Nolan would prefer that stuff in the vault.
You're talking like, an additional 10 seconds a pop. It'd probably add up to an extra minute. Woohoo, director's cut here we go! :applaud

I think we'll get such simply because WB will want the double-dip sales. They put out a standard, a special edition, and maybe even some third version around X-Mas, and then later on they can do an extended cut when we're all really hungry for such.

Third version around Christmas? I doubt that the DVD will come out any sooner than Mid-late November.

I've always been a fan of movies that give the option of watching it WITH or WITHOUT the deleted scenes added in. Personally, I usually find them to disrupt flow/not add anything special. Sometimes they are nice. Ever seen the extended edition of Good/Bad/Ugly? Wow. Not so good. On the other hand, some of the LOTR extended scenes are really nice. I don't want to HAVE to watch the extended TDK, but I wouldn't mind an option to.

I think you should get two versions of the film when it comes out on DVD:
The extended version and the normal version instead of getting a DVD that has the normal version than buying another for the extended version. That's probably the only sensible thing if Nolan didn't like some scenes

I hope we an extended scene or two. The sequence where we see Bats jumping between cars is a must. December seems so far away..

We should get at least an extended/deleted scene section on the DVD, but not a complete extended version of the movie.

Most fans just want to see Batman jumoing on cars and The Joker escaping the party. WB/Nolan should at least comment or show some of this on the DVD, even it is just in the featurettes section....

There is no point in an extended DVD for that movie IMO. Everything that was filmed was in the movie, except for some small lines of dialogues or very very little bits there and there. Maybe deleted or extended scenes...or I don't know, alternate scenes/takes (like we had alternate takes of the Joker in the trailers) maybe, that could be nice...but not really necessary I think. So, what are they supposed to use for this extended cut? There is nothing and nothing more is needed anyway.

I suspect we will get some extended bits, alternate takes, and perhaps a deleted scene or two. Everyone keeps saying Nolan only films what is needed, but it's obvious from some the footage (like Wizard World) that more scenes were shot. Maybe not much, but more than what was in the final edit. And with this being Ledger's last completed performance, I'd like to see some of his alternate takes. All of this could go in the Special Features section, as I'm sure they won't put an extended edit of the film on DVD. I'm hearing a street date of December 9th, but it isn't confirmed.

Zero.
The Dark Knight is perfect as it is. The director's cut is the version we all watched in theatre. No need for an extended cut...

Gotta disagree with perfect. The reason I think it's not perfect is the fact that, as others have stated, it's very "choppy" in certain periods of the film. And, I'm pretty sure there's a deleted scene of The Joker leaving the Harvey Dent party/fundraiser, and that's a scene we freakin needed more than any other, because the scene ending with Batman saving Rachael and leaving a bunch of people in a room with the Joker was just...weird.

Some of the editing in the first hour was choppy, let's face it, jumping from scene to scene without segues, or much sense of flow (Wayne at dinner one evening > jump to following day in convo with Fox, etc ...) so you can't help wonder how much joining paste was trimmed to build the wall?
I noticed that too. BB was so much more fluid.

Well reading the script and based off the snippets of stuff seen in the WW footage and various trailers and commercials, there is at best 2 minutes of bonus material. How big a deal is Harvey and Bruce clinking glass anyway?

I think there's almost no chance of an actual new, extended cut of the film.

Extended /alternate / delleted scenes individually as bonus features? A little bit more plausible. And that way, the director's cut that is the cut we've seen stays untouched, but the extra stuff is there for people to check out if they want to. Tht would make the most sense to me.

Deep down though, I do doubt we'll get either. I don't mind too much though.

nolan will not release a directors cut or extended cut... it just won't happen.
i wouldn't mind it either.. but it's not coming..

usually, a second version happens for one of three reasons...
producers get involved (incredible hulk).. and force the change because they never agreed to give the director complete control..

or a deal is made from the beginning involving the length because of the theaters.. (lord of the rings) to which peter jackson new up front that the first theatrical release of each film had to be around 3 hours at the most.. then release the longer one later...

or third.. they run out of money while filming... and upon getting money from a successful theatrical release.. they add more to the film.. and i'm pretty sure that cash wasn't an issue...

the difference is that from the beginning, Nolan had complete control of this film.. i mean they didn't even use a second unit... Nolan shot everything himself with phister.... trust me.. that's unheard of for a big budget film... (lord of the rings used 5 unit shooting at one time for christ sake...) it saves a hell of a lot of money.. and time.

sure he shot some stuff that didn't make the final cut.. EVERY film does... the difference is that the final cut is his...
do i think it's a bit choppy?... yep
considering this is the first linear movie Nolan has made, maybe that's his problem... maybe he's just too used to making the movies the skip around from past to present... who knows... just my $.02....

i just wanted to know wtf happened to the whole " fear gas joker " scene that everyone was talking about . now there's something that i hope will be a deleted scene on the DVD .

NO to the extended dvd but im willing to bet they put the deleted scences in with commentary with the nolan brothers saying why they didnt use the scene

i hope there is but i doubtr it

\hopefully there will be at least the delted scenes of joker in the car after the party
the harvey and bruce scene i heard people talking about
the jumping on cars scene

hope?... let it go... if you guys are Nolan fans.. and familiar with:
the following, memento, insomnia, the prestige.... and b.begins...

then you'll already know the answer... no deleted scenes or added scenes on any of them... and he doesn't give away the parts of the story that cause debate either... ( fate of two-face anyone)...

and i don't think he's gonna start now... oh well... we'll be waiting 3 years instead of 3 months for more goodies...

I cannot wait to see the release of the DVD and there are NO deleted, extended scenes, outtakes, bloopers, or extended cut of the movie. All we get is the feature and featurettes. We'll see how much the people who are demanding extra scenes set themselves up for a huge disappointment.

Seriously, I would love to have them too. But, this is Nolan we're talking about and we're NOT getting this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"