The Coronavirus’ Impact On The Film Industry Thread

Disney seems to think Theatrical releases still matter... Man the waits are going to suck.

Could this ****ing guy eat his goodamn bat a few months earlier? Fall 2019 had pretty boring releases...

I have so many movies in my waitlist, that it's getting kinda confusing to keep track of the new dates (and that's if, Earth is in much better place by June). Then movies for Uncharted and Indiana Jones are in the "I believe it when filming begins" territory, they've been delayed so many times.

It must be a difficult time for studios figuring out these new dates, but I wish, like Disney would just announce all the new dates for films that were supposed to come out this year or earlier. Or at least a confirmation that Soul, Kingsman and Death on the Nile aren't moving.

I have so many movies in my waitlist, that it's getting kinda confusing to keep track of the new dates (and that's if, Earth is in much better place by June). Then movies for Uncharted and Indiana Jones are in the "I believe it when filming begins" territory, they've been delayed so many times.

It must be a difficult time for studios figuring out these new dates, but I wish, like Disney would just announce all the new dates for films that were supposed to come out this year or earlier. Or at least a confirmation that Soul, Kingsman and Death on the Nile aren't moving.

Uncharted was starting filming.

Last edited:
Aggressive expansion into niche markets is risky with lots of overhead as can be seen with this furniture company that banked on the manufacturing need for luxury theater seats: Movie Theater Seating Manufacturer VIP Cinemas Shuts Down for Good Due to Pandemic
......According to the manufacturer’s website, VIP Cinemas launched in 2008 as a residential furniture manufacturer in New Albany, Mississippi, a town deeply rooted in the furniture industry for more than 160 years. In 2012, the company pivoted business strategies and launched luxury recliner seating for movie theaters. In 2015, the company expanded to a 900,000 square foot complex to become the largest manufacturer of luxury cinema seating in the world. Last year, the company opened global offices in the UK and Dubai as part of global expansion.

Watching Kevin Smith do a live Q&A on Youtube right now and he's talking about Clerks 3 and how it may just be straight to streaming whenever they decide it's safe to start filming again.

Depends on who decides to use their time wisely.

Marvel should now take this time to hire someone to write the script of the Fantastic Four and Mutants from home.

I am a huge fan of home cinema, but nothing replaces the theatrical experience. I’m sure there aren’t too many who want theatrical releases to end, even if they don’t go to many themselves. Home cinema has worked fine in tandem with theatrical releases all this time and I don’t see any reason for that not to continue when safety concerns have been met.

I feel like somebody could create a VR chat type deal where it's a virtual theater we can pay to sit in and watch new films as a temporary thing but I'm sure someone would find a way to mess it up.

I remember a guy sitting behind me during in Infinity War and making comments about almost everything- ruined it for me
I don‘t need theatrical releases - I only watch it, because I don‘t want to get spoiled but for most movies now I can wait for digital releases

Could this ****ing guy eat his goodamn bat a few months earlier? Fall 2019 had pretty boring releases...

Ad Astra
Joker (!)
Zombieland: Double Tap
Jojo Rabbit (!!)
The Lighthouse (!!!)

Motherless Brooklyn
Honey Boy (!!!!)
Ford v Ferrari (!!!!!)

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Knives Out (!!!!!!)
Richard Jewell (!!!!!!!)

Bombshell
Uncut Gems (!!!!!!!!)
Star Wars: Rise of the Skywalker
1917 (!!!!!!!!!)
Just Mercy

Yeaaahhh...well, NO.

I probably shouldn't take it so seriously, we're on the Superhero Hype! after all, and I guess that some people will regard everything that doesn't feature "capes" fighting it out as boring.

It's just that the film fan in me cringes at some of the comments I read.

I probably shouldn't take it so seriously, we're on the Superhero Hype! after all, and I guess that some people will regard everything that doesn't feature "capes" fighting it out as boring.

It's just that the film fan in me cringes at some of the comments I read.

1000x this.

Take everything with a grain of salt around here - I guess online in general.

I‘ve seen 1917 and JoJo a few days before the outbreak (caus it wasn’t released earlier in our cinemas) and I‘m more than grateful, that movies like the Irishman were released on Netflix, with the opportunity to stop any time for restroom-breaks...
But this might turn into an endless discussion, so I skip
Just felt the urge to disapprove your idea of a only-cape-fight-movie-lover...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"