The CW eyes The Vampire Diaries spinoff "The Originals"

i'm hoping she'll go back and forth between the 2 shows. shouldn't be too hard since they're shot in the same area.

So apparently this is scheduled on Tuesday with Supernatural, instead of Thursday after TVD. That's the second spinoff this season to be put on a different night than it's predecessor. What happened to the good old days, when a spinoff was put right after the show it was actually spun off from? :whatever:

While I would've liked it to be after TVD, CW is playing it smart. They don't have a lot of hit shows so they are trying to space them out. TO has a built in audience already with TVD fans and Supernatural has a built in audience so might as well give the fresher shows a chance to survive.

So this is on at the same time of S.H.I.E.L.D. ? I guess I will just have to watch this show the next day

Eh. Having seen the actual pilot for this and only a trailer for SHIELD, this has won me over more, but I'm still up for some SHIELD. Being on the networks that they're on, I think SHIELD has it's work cut out for it.

But SHIELD has the bigger recognition with Avengers and all that, plus the big Disney promotional department behind it. I think putting anything new across from it is a bit of a iffy situation.

But SHIELD is also on a network with higher ratings expectations.

looks like i was right about CW not pairing it with TVD. just got the day wrong.

But SHIELD is also on a network with higher ratings expectations.
With the way the way it's marketed and being a part of the continuation of the biggest summer blockbuster of 2012? SHIELD has a much easier job getting the ratings it needs than this does.

Not to mention there's not even a good counter marketing going on here. Because you'd be surprised but a lot of the same people who'd watch this would rather turn into SHIELD.

I don't think this bodes well for this show.

With the way the way it's marketed and being a part of the continuation of the biggest summer blockbuster of 2012? SHIELD has a much easier job getting the ratings it needs than this does.

Not to mention there's not even a good counter marketing going on here. Because you'd be surprised but a lot of the same people who'd watch this would rather turn into SHIELD.

I don't think this bodes well for this show.

You mean teenaged girls and young women?

Can't wait to see how they hastily explain that when they gave her absolutely no reason to leave behind Mystic Falls for her brothers who honestly treat her like ****.

Hey hey hey, Elijah is good to her.

But, yeah, it does seem odd that they really gave no story or indication that she would ever want to go to New Orleans or be anywhere near Klaus again. I'm thinking maybe TVD's premiere will be before The Originals premieres and they handle that then.

You'd be surprised how mean teenaged girls and young women watched The Avengers my good sir.

Franchises are gender blind.

Not saying they didn't. However, their watching Avengers doesn't in itself mean they will automatically prefer SHIELD over this show.

Can't wait to see how they hastily explain that when they gave her absolutely no reason to leave behind Mystic Falls for her brothers who honestly treat her like ****.

Who says it has to be explained hastily? In fact, who says she even needs to be present when the show first starts? I reckon she'll come along with own agenda that gets explained as the show goes along. It can't all be about Klaus trying to depose his protege and Haley's miracle baby, surely?

You know, if they left Rebekah on TVD, I might not bother with this because of SHIELD. As it is, i''m recording one of them.

I hope this show continues the trend of an original causing massive damage with the first random object they find. A handful of quarters, a fence post, a graduation cap.....god help everyone in New Orleans if Klaus gets his hands on a pile of Mari Gras beads.

Hey hey hey, Elijah is good to her.

But, yeah, it does seem odd that they really gave no story or indication that she would ever want to go to New Orleans or be anywhere near Klaus again. I'm thinking maybe TVD's premiere will be before The Originals premieres and they handle that then.

I imagine that if Matt died in TVD Premiere. Then she would wanna leave after avenging him. Or she goes to New Orleans to avenge him or something like that. It feels like something would have to happen to the one person she does like & care about. For her to suddenly leave

Last edited:
I just saw on twitter that apparently Marguerite MacIntyre (Sheriff Forbes) is one of the writers on The Originals. Should be interesting. Didn't even know she wrote...

from tvline

Question: Will Claire Holt (Rebekah) appear in any Vampire Diaries episodes next fall? Or is she going straight to The Originals? —Justine
Ausiello:
“We do have the ability to use Rebekah on either show in the beginning,” says Plec. ” We will see when we start writing how much of her we’ll see before she heads off to New Orleans.” One scenario has the new season of TVD picking up at the tail end of Rebekah and Matt’s European vacation. “When we get back, we might see [them] still on their trip,” shares Plec, adding, “When Matt gets back to Mystic Falls, his whole world will have changed. I can’t wait to see what comes out of that adventure and how he re-adapts to life at Mystic Grill.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"