The CW's Containment - Outbreak Drama From Julie Plec

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2015/02/tales-from-the-darkside-pilot-cordon-julie-plec-cw-pilot-1201365154/
Based upon the original Belgian series created by Carl Joos for Eyeworks, Cordon is in the vein of Under the Dome. When a deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a large city quarantine is quickly enforced, leaving those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives. Loved ones are tragically torn apart, and the society that grows inside the cordon reveals both the devolution of humanity and the birth of unlikely heroes. Plec wrote the script, with Nutter, helmer of the pilots for the CW’s Arrow and The Flash, directing. The two executive produce for Warner Bros. TV, where they are based, My So-Called Company and Eyeworks.
Wasn't sure if I would be jumping the gun making a thread for this, but considering David Nutter's pilot record and Julie Plec's relationship with the network, I'm reasonably sure we'll be seeing this at some point next season.

I like the concept. Something contained, rather than being worldwide like TWD or Revolution. And considering it sounds like it's a sickness that breaks out rather than a giant dome, at least this probably won't get too up it's own ass with mythology like Under the Dome did. Actually focus on the character interactions/development and groups that form in these new circumstances rather than mystical eggs and portals and s***.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/cordon-...moses-chris-wood-kristen-gutoskie-1201380471/
Julie Plec’s CW Pilot ‘Cordon’ Casts Leads
by Nellie Andreeva

CW drama pilot Cordon has set its leads, casting David Gyasi (Interstellar), Christina Moses, Chris Wood and Kristen Gutoskie. Written by The Vampire Diaries and The Originals showrunner Julie Plec based on a Belgian format and directed by David Nutter, Cordon chronicles the aftermath of a deadly epidemic outbreak in Atlanta.

Gyasi and Moses will play the central characters, marking the first time the CW has had a black leading duo. Gyasi plays Atlanta police major Alex “Lex” Carnahan, a resolute, loyal and good-hearted police officer who’s responsible for maintaining the cordoned area. Moses plays Jana, Lex’s capable girlfriend, who’s trapped inside the Cordon in an Atlanta office high-rise.

Plec has recruited The Vampire Diaries recurring player Wood to play Jake, a former renegade turned cop and Lex’s best friend who finds himself trapped inside the cordon. Gutoskie plays Katie, a twenty-something grade-school teacher and single mother who’s trapped inside the walls of Atlanta Midtown Hospital.

Gyasi is repped by Management 360 and United Artists; Wood is repped by CAA and Brookside Artist Management; Gutoskie is repped by Don Buchwald & Assoc., manager Rob Gomez, and Canadian agent Sandra Gillis at Premiere Artists.

Claudia Black (Farscape) Will Co-Star
Black will co-star as Dr. Sabine Lommers, representing the department of health and human services, she is the face of the government's response. Determined to keep the public from panicking, she battles not only the deadly disease but the public's perception as well.

So that means vampire diaries is ending.

I don't think that means anything of the sort, especially considering the show just got pick up for another season.

Trailer
[YT]qE983cTD4Mg[/YT]
Aargh, new title. :argh: Looks damn good, though.

CE-zTozW0AEt6mc.jpg:large

:atp: Dahlia.

Looks good :up:. Although Cordon sounded better.

Wonder if this show will get the Messengers Treatment

It's from a creator and a director who have both given the network several hits, so I doubt it. Plus it seems to be the pilot that got the network the most fired up, whereas The Messengers seems to have gotten picked up just so there would be an equal number of new shows between CBS and Warner Bros.

Anyway...

BTS
[YT]W4u2IhahUEE[/YT]

http://deadline.com/2015/05/covert-...ainment-co-showrunners-julie-plec-1201434213/
Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners
by Nellie Andreeva

Coming off a five-year run at the helm of their USA Network action drama series Covert Affairs, Matt Corman and Chris Ord have joined the midseason CW drama Containment as executive producers and co-showrunners alongside Julie Plec. Plec, who wrote the Containment pilot based on a Belgian format, will need help next season when she will have three series on the CW, Containment and returning dramas The Vampire Diaries and The Originals.

Containment, produced by Warner Bros. TV, chronicles the fallout from a mysterious and deadly epidemic in Atlanta, which prompts a vast urban quarantine, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. David Gyasi, Christina Moses, Chris Wood, Kristen Gutoskie, Claudia Black, George Young, Hanna Mangan Lawrence and Trevor St. John star. David Nutter, who directed the pilot, also executive produces.

Corman and Ord most recently created, wrote and executive produced the Piper Perabo-starring CIA drama Covert Affairs, which ended its five-season run on USA in December. They are repped by CAA and attorney Michael Schenkman.
Never watched Covert Affairs. Hope they're good.

The Messengers seems to have gotten picked up just so there would be an equal number of new shows between CBS and Warner Bros.

My feeling with the Messengers is when the station decided to renew all it's shows, they had no use for the Messengers. I don't know why they just didn't wait till the summer to air it on a better night.

I don't know how he got ten times as attractive between his start on TVD and the filming of this show's pilot, but I love it. :o

This show is unfortunately going to be dead on arrival. They're now advertising it as a limited series, which is never a good sign for a show that wasn't originally conceived as such.

[YT]-L7oPFi5R3Q[/YT]

And can we get that thread title changed to Containment, mods?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"