The Dark Knight Fan Review Thread

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by dimmutaker, Jul 8, 2008.

?

How Do You Rate The Dark Knight?

1. 10 - The praise isn't a matter of hyperbole. Get your keister to the theater to see this NOW! :up:

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5 - We had to endure the boards crashing for this? :dry:

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1 - They should have stopped while they were ahead with Batman Begins. :down

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Harrygucha Registered

The ending was kinda cheesie as well. Batman tells Gordon:

"I killed those people."

Gordon: No. YOu can't.

"I can be whatever Gotham needs me to be."

Okay, let me get this straight. Batman takes the fall for Harvey because he thinks the people of Gotham, the same people who wouldn't hesitate to kill Reese in order to save their loved ones, won't be able to handle the fact that a district attorney killed some corrupt cops.???????????????????????????????

2. Ion Kenshin Torch Bearer

yes plain and simple....please dont hurt yourself coming off you film high horse.

3. Harrygucha Registered

So, the people of Gotham would feel much safer and secure with a murderer on the loose who dresses up like a bat????

4. Ace of Knaves Registered

Not everyone in Gotham wanted to kill Reese, the one who took shots at him looked like a bum and the bloke driving the truck looked a bit unsavoury aswell. If you was a citizen of Gotham and you found out that the most honest, decent official in the city started killing people you wouldn't lose faith in the system even more? A system that is already blatently corrupt. It's like Rudy Giuliani. He basically saved New York, what do you think would happen if we found out that he was a murderer? It would be chaos.

5. Ion Kenshin Torch Bearer

they were never comfortable with him to begin with...not everyone in gotham loves batman you know and i just dont mean the villains. if they were terrified of him as a non murdering villain what difference does it make if they are terrified of him thinking that he is a murderer?

6. Ace of Knaves Registered

I would compare Harvey Dents influence on Gotham to that of Rudy Giuliani and New York. It's pretty much fact that Giuliani save New York with the zero-tolerance policy and all that. Now what do you reckon would happen to New York if Giuliani turned out to be a murderer? It would be a absolute nightmare.

7. Harrygucha Registered

Let me preface this by saying I don't really like Ironman. But I have to say Ironman stuck within the limits of its story telling. It was about a guy who dresses up in an iron suit and flies around. Nothing in the story violated those terms. TDK violated its terms with that sonar scene and batpod flip. You can't defy physics and gravity. So fake.

8. Ion Kenshin Torch Bearer

yea cause a comic film and superheroes never do that right?

9. Ace of Knaves Registered

Harrygucha can I point something out, this is a FANTASY film!!!! How is that so hard to fathom? Yea it's set in a realistic world and has realistic themes but it's still fantasy. And that Bat-pod flip up the wall is possible, well on real motorbikes it is anyway.

It's funny you haven't countered my argument about Harvey Dents importance to Gotham. Maybe because you realized you are talking wet?

10. Ace of Knaves Registered

Hahaha run away with your tail between your legs why don't ya!!! :D

11. Bat-Mite Registered

It set up the sonar technology at the beginning of the movie. And this same film showed the tumbler flying into a parking garage seemingly out of nowhere (Scarecrow scene). Not to mention the fact that in that very same scene, all kinds of physically impossible stuff happens when Batman bends the barrel of the gun (even with the claw thing, I doubt it would be possible) and lands smackdab on top of Scarecrow's van without falling off. And you say he can't spin off the wall? You obviously weren't paying attention to the film. If it ever violated its own rules, you've yet to present an adequate example of it doing so.

12. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Wow, apart from the Sonar, Two Face, and the Bat-Pod flip on the wall, I had no idea all that other stuff was CGI.

It all looked flawless :up:

13. Harrygucha Registered

I'm back...and I will counter that. D.A.'s get blown away every Tuesday in Gotham. Finch died in BEgins. The whole Guiliani compariaon is invalid. Because we all know Guiliani is a crook. I live in New York, and I wouldn't care a lick if that guy died. Guiliani is a dumb ass. Anyway, Gotham is supposed to be a DARK city.I find it hard to believe that if the people found out that Dent took out some corrupt cops, they would lose hope. Dent did the right thing he disposed of the BAD cops. Also, another unrealistic thing: The people on two ferries do NOTHING. They just sit there after someone says i'm gonna blow you up at midnight if you don't do anything. Completely unrealistic. Yes, I understand this is fantasy - but violating the rules of physics and basic human instinct is uncalled for.

14. Harrygucha Registered

YEs, but those scenes were aesthetically seamless. They felt real. They felt plausible even though they were not. That's because those scenes seemed tangible. They were well done. The whole sonar thing and Dent's face in MAroni's car were poorly executed. In all Dent's scenes, he looked okay as two-face, but when he's in the car with Maroni, there's suddenly this annoying CGI piece of lower, flapping cartlidge on his lip that just flickered up and down when he spoke- and I had to roll my eyes at that. And the way he delivered those lines "The joker's just a mad dog. I want whoever let him off the leash". So badly delivered. It was as if he was in no pain - just talking to the ice cream man or something. Can I get a vanilla cone please?

15. Harrygucha Registered

Is the Gambol character a nod to Gambet in the X-men series? I always suspected this ever since I heard that Gambol would be in TDK.

16. batman11 7.20.2012

How is that physics? :huh:

17. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

You break the laws of physics in idiocity.

18. Harrygucha Registered

HaHaHAHAHAHAHAHaHaHa! I threw that in there to see if someone would bite - and YOU did! Gotcha!

19. JokerShnaniganz Registered

THE JOKER RULES THE WORLD!! He's my hero!! lol jk

20. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Will somebody call the Idiot Police? :o

21. El Payaso Registered

Make up your mind Banner.

22. Harrygucha Registered

All i'm saying is: The Joker is the MOST INTIMATE villain Batman has. Why didn't Nolan go against the grain and have the third act be the most intimate, dark finale in all of cinema? Instead he gave us the third act that is in every comic book movie: Overdo it with action and CGI. It followed the same blurprint Batman Begins did. Start off the film as intimate and dark and then in the third act introduce a stupid, unrealistic technology and have Batman save a bunch of people. In Begins it was the 'Batman has to stop the TRAIN before it gets to the station and destroy the MICROWAVE EMITTER to save the people.' In The Dark Knight it was 'Batman has to use his BAT SONAR to stop the joker and save the people on the FERRIES.' Same damn scenario in a different, snazzy wrapping. That's why you gotta love Blade Runner. The ending is the most intimate and unusual. I was expecting something similar with TDK...and was severely disappointed. I love TDK...just thought the third act could have been better.

23. Harrygucha Registered

Joker trying to prove his point on an intimate scale, and Batman trying to battle him psychologically as well as physically would have been an ideal end to it all. To me, this dynamic was ruined: It kept cutting to the people on the boats, then to Dent holding up Ramirez, Gordon on the phone, INSTEAD of focusing on the goddamn BATMAN and JOKER!! GOSH DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET BATMAN AND JOKER BE THE FOCUS! NOT SOME STUPID PEOPLE ON BOATS!

24. Fenrir Devourer Of Gods

Yeah, you're right. The deafening, obnoxious, action-heavy climax with Harvey, Batman, Gordon and his family was just way too loud and not "intimate" enough. I mean, did you SEE all those explosions in the final scene?! :wow:

Bloody Nolan went all Michael Bay on us! :cmad:

25. hatebox Registered

hahaha

Besides, even batman and joker's last scene was just between the two of them, having a conversation. Perfectly intimate.