The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Merchandise Returns

Whether it's scale or not...no MODEL setpiece is worth MORE than a figure.

F*** THAT

The guy who builds these is on the Sideshow boards - they are actually very nice. Expensive, yes, and not completely exact to the film in terms of scale, but, it's pretty close, and with the figures and a camera, produces some cool results.

That being said, I can't afford one. :csad:

The guy who builds these is on the Sideshow boards - they are actually very nice. Expensive, yes, and not completely exact to the film in terms of scale, but, it's pretty close, and with the figures and a camera, produces some cool results.

That being said, I can't afford one. :csad:

They are very nice, yes, but too expensive.

I suspect one reason for the high price is because he knows demand isn't going to be that high - at best, a sub-set of Hot Toys collectors, already a small sample. With a limited market, he'd need to have high prices to justify the work, time, and materials.

And with high prices, the market will shrink even further, as even collectors of Hot Toys like you and me can't afford that.

Which means he needs to increase prices that much more to make it worthwhile...

It's a vicious cycle. Unfortunate, as they really do look lovely...

Maybe Hot Toys will take notice of this and get the idea... if they produced scale models of certain sets at a reasonable price, they could really start something.

The main thing that I don't like about that interrogation room is the fact that it just drops off at the edge of the table... you couldn't even have Batman stand on the other side.

WHOA! A BRICK WALL WITH A TABLE AND DOOR! I COULDN'T POSSIBLY LIVE WITHOUT IT!

What's next, the street where Joker and Batman faced off on? Give me a damn break, jesus. And $300 for something I can build myself? Ugh.

WHOA! A BRICK WALL WITH A TABLE AND DOOR! I COULDN'T POSSIBLY LIVE WITHOUT IT!

What's next, the street where Joker and Batman faced off on? Give me a damn break, jesus. And $300 for something I can build myself? Ugh.

Heh, I can walk a few blocks from work and BE on that street. For free. :cwink:

The main page has a piece on a new TDK motorcycle suit. They will only make a thousand ones.

Can someone upload the pics at Photobucket or Tinypic? They can make cool captions!

Got my mask today
Photo164.jpg

I like how the Joker Goon jacket is the one his goons wear in B89, just with an updated logo.

what happen to al the other movie masters??
joker interrogation
joker goon
scarecrow
2-face
crappy batman
harvey

Does anyone know if a special Joker 2010 calendar will be available, as it was last year ?

I saw a TDK 2010 calendar, but no sign of a Joker-ish one... :csad:

I got a question for some of you. I've saw that a few have repainted the face on different joker figures. If I was to buy the 1:2 Scale Bust of him is anyone interested in repainiting the face or is the sculp off too much to ever make it look better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"