The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went by my local TRU today as soon as they opened (I was the third person in the store). I went to the MM section and hiding behind a row of Banes was GCPD Blake! I could not believe it! TRU's prices suck but at least I only need one more. Still no sign of Ra's though. To everyone in the STL, check TRU!

TRUs, bare pegs
2 Kmarts, Batman and Bane
Target, 7 Batman
WalMart, bare pegs

It's a shame.

also,hit the stores here for the 1st time in nearly 2 weeks. Wal-Mart must've restocked at some point cause there was 1 Bane within the legions of Batman's. K-Mart still had 1 Bane and 2 Batman's.

i have an idea of potentially using a Star Trek 2009 Uhura as a base...possibly...maybe...

I'm going to hit up K-Mart hopefully tomorrow...

I just ordered a Bane MM off their website since i haven't been able to find a single figure other than the Batman MM in any of the Toys R Us's, Targets and Walmarts I checked.

Fantastic thread! After reading yesterday morning, I went to my local Kmarts to see if they were resetting the toy department.

Checked in at 8 a.m. this morning, but nobody had done any work since yesterday. Went back at my lunch break and snagged a GD Catwoman (4 x Batman & 1 x Bane were the others on the shelf).

The second Kmart had 3 x Kmart exclusive Batman so I snagged one to replace the one I got off ebay with damaged packaging.

I should also note they are still resetting at both Kmarts. I asked the employees about boxes of MMS in the back, but the employees rudely told me whatever was on the shelf was all they had. I knew it was bull because there was tons of boxes on pallets all over the toy aisle and I doubt the employee keeps track of how many MMS boxes they have. I guess I'll check back tomorrow.

I also hit up the Toys R Us, Targets, and Walmarts. Toys R Us restocked but whatever was good in the case was gone by the time I got there (4 x Batman on the shelf). Targets had a ton of Batmans and a few Banes. Same at the smaller Walmart. The Super Walmart near me is working on there reset. The papers all say 8/13 but I'll check back daily for a Ra's.

Long story short, now is the time to be checking the stores for your missing MMS figures!

(P.S. I'm in the Reading, PA area).

I should also add the Barnes and Noble still had an Alfred on the shelf so if you're missing him, you may consider checking there.

Hmm has anyone modded the Bat to fit the movie master figures yet? I was really hoping for them to release a movie master scale version with two seats but I guess thats asking for too much lol

I wish I could get my hands on a bat pod and modify it so that the wheels can spin.

Those were some of the best HOLY ***** moments of TDKR

Catwoman came from amazon today. It was goggles down and packaging sucked. Never had a problem with amazon before but I guess beware. It's fine if your gonna open the figure though

Ive still only seen bane and batman anywhere in my town.

I've actually been pleasantly suprised with the quality of these figures. Considering I only find ONE at a time, its not like I can pick and choose the best paint job. So fat I have been beyond pleased with the likeness and quality of all the figures I have found.

I have managed to score a few Catwoman and I will say that some are better than others when it comes to paint application/likeness but as far as the quality of the paint app... Near flawless across the board. Pretty impressive IMO.

I think Gordon and Blake are my 2 favorite figs from TDKR, and then Catwoman. I'm not a big fan of Ra's facial expression, and Alfred doesn't look a lot like Michael Caine.
From TDK, I think Harvey Dent looks more like Aaron Eckhart (BTW, isn't it funny how in the 1989 Batman film, the lieutenant affiliated with Carl Grissom was Max Eckhardt (different spelling).

Anyway, I have 1 MM TRU 2-pack left, a Blake, a GD Cat, a Missile Launcher Joker, and a Bruce to Ninja Batman. PM me if interested. Will trade for another Ra's (on a good card), cash, Hot Wheels "The Bat," and/or other interesting items from DCU. :batty:

Catwoman came from amazon today. It was goggles down and packaging sucked. Never had a problem with amazon before but I guess beware. It's fine if your gonna open the figure though

I'm surprised by all people receiving poor packages from amazon. I order from them all the time and I've never had a damaged thing from them. Maybe its the warehouses or something? Almost all of my orders come from a warehouse in Indiana, maybe they just aren't so bad at packing or something.

I think Gordon and Blake are my 2 favorite figs from TDKR, and then Catwoman. I'm not a big fan of Ra's facial expression, and Alfred doesn't look a lot like Michael Caine.
From TDK, I think Harvey Dent looks more like Aaron Eckhart (BTW, isn't it funny how in the 1989 Batman film, the lieutenant affiliated with Carl Grissom was Max Eckhardt (different spelling).

I agree Gordon and Blake are my top 2 as well, followed by Catwoman (GD then GU), Bane, then Alfred, Ra's and Batman.

Went out looking for some of the hot wheels today (Looking for the bat and the 1:50 batpod and tumbler (black) but no luck, ended up ordering the bat online for a few bucks and might buy the 2009 sdcc Batpod/Tumbler set finally.

I'd like to see someone make a custom "Howard Hughes" Bruce Wayne with the robe, cane, and facial hair.

Got my package from Amazon today, Blake and a GD Cat. I normally would've been P.O'd, but I've found a GU Cat since I ordered those. :) So I now have an extra GD (n/m card), and an extra Blake, for anyone who has an extra Ra's! :D I also have some ML stuff...

As for the packaging....they didn't arrive too destroyed. But they were placed in a box just big enough for them, with one randomly placed air-bubble thingy. :/ Luckily I've long since found my MOMC set. :)

As I said. my Blake came from Amazon with a pretty noticable crease going along the very top of the card. I am a moc collector, but it didn't bug me too much. You can't expect perfection out of a big package being shipped through the mail. After all, the whole point of keeping them moc is to keep them uncirculated.

i have an extra AMC Dark Knight trilogy poster (mint condition), looking to trade for movie masters of either: Alfred, Blake, or Ra's

Went to a walmart and magic mart about 30 mins from where I live, and big surprise...NO MOVIE MASTERS AT ALL!!! I'm telling you, I'm so sick of the distribution on this line. Either that, or every freakin walmart within a 2 state radius of me sucks out loud. I didn't expect Magic Mart to have em, as they never got any for TDK either, just the basic stuff. If somebody could hook me up with the TRU Bane/Bats 2 pack, Honor Guard Joker from the Legacy 2 pack,GU Cats, or a Survival Suit Bruce Wayne I would really appreciate it.(I also need Blake, Ra's, and Joker as Gotham City Thug, but there's no point in asking for help with those)

Anyone looking to start their collection Ill sell all my figures for $120 plus shipping. I have:

Batman
Bane
Alfred
Catwoman GU
Jim Gordon
Blake

No Ra's sorry, and no I wont split them up. This is a good deal as in you dont have to run all over the place looking for these things.

Also have an extra Alfred $20 plus shipping
-Todd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member